Nate burleson | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nate burleson

I don't know why this is questionable or curious to anyone.

We have two WRs coming off major surgery and hartline coming off a PCL tear.

I'm no Dr., so I don't know what to expect or how there health is, but yeah, you need to plan for the worse.

I don't know man very questionable moves so far I mean honestly besides Brandon Albert, and maybe knowshawn, very questionable free agency so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't agree with that. I don't understand the Burleson visit, but I don't think the rest of free agency has been questionable.

Makes me wonder how well Gibson's rehab and even Hartline's is coming.

he is a good leader and if signed it may just be insurance if guys aren't ready come training camp

I would rather have a speed demon who could play special teams. He would be a good back up if someone gets hurt. Otherwise, I would prefer Mathews continued development.

Ya just seen that too. I think we sign him and I like it. Solid player. Still want A TE in round 2 or 3 tho

Outside of Ebron and Amaro this TE class is meh. Very average. Unless we draft one of those two I'll pass, continue to develop Sims and hope for a better draft class next year.

Perhaps gibson will not be ready, we've heard nothing

Maybe it makes sense in that they would be adding another veteran leader to the locker room. On the field he wouldn't be more than a 4 or 5 compared to the guys we already have.

According to some one this board our WR core is so bad he would instantly be a starter :lol:

I'm not sure why people think being ok with a decent WR corp means we should just ignore it and not try to improve on it. Plus we lost 3 WRs last year, why not bring some players in, sign a couple to the practice squad (and hope no one poaches them) and give yourself some insurance.

Maybe, but Gibson is supposed to be ready for offseason camps. I just don't know where Burleson fits.

I hope you're right. Gibson looked like the best WR on the team for a couple games before he got hurt. He plays all out.

I'm not sure why people think being ok with a decent WR corp means we should just ignore it and not try to improve on it. Plus we lost 3 WRs last year, why not bring some players in, sign a couple to the practice squad (and hope no one poaches them) and give yourself some insurance.

I agree, but should the Fins be doing it with an aging veteran in the twilight of his career who has played 15 games over the past two seasons? He would definitely be insurance against injury but based on the past two seasons wouldn't the Fins need insurance for him as well?

If we can get him at a reasonable rate, he would be great insurance for Mike Wallace as they both would play the same role imo.

ETA: If we do sign him, it sure won't help the trade Wallace rumors go away...

I am convinced this is the reason why they are interested in Burleson:

The Lions lose not only their second-best receiver over the past four years, but also one of the club's foremost leaders. He was widely respected throughout the locker room, and his loquacious personality made him a visible and natural spokesperson for the players.

That was particularly true when adversity hit. While some players would duck the spotlight during hard times, Burleson always stood tall and spoke for his teammates.

Detroit will miss that presence, perhaps even more than his production.

Delmas, Finnegan and Burleson are known for their strong leadership qualities.

Back
Top Bottom