National Championship Game - Clemson vs LSU | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

National Championship Game - Clemson vs LSU

If we traded versatile Minkah, i doubt we'll pick versatile Simmons

Except he wasn't versatile...he didn't want to play multiple positions. Simmons also lined up at a ton of different positions for 100s of snaps while Minkah played mostly in the slot in college.

So much talent in that game last night. Hate that we're missing out on Burrow but there's gonna be a lot of talent in this draft. I really hope we're smart with our picks and draft 3 players in the first round. We need all the help we can get. Other than the QB's I really like Etienne, Higgins and for 2021 Chase.

Some of the guys in the VIP chatroom last night directed me to watch Simmons and he's very good. Where do you play him tho? All over the field or do you have him in one spot? Going to the right situation could make him a star if used the right way.

That bowling ball RB for LSU is very good. Hard to bring him down and hard to catch him as well.

With 14 picks I'd hope we're getting at least 2 or 3 guys that played last night in the draft.

So much talent in that game last night. Hate that we're missing out on Burrow but there's gonna be a lot of talent in this draft. I really hope we're smart with our picks and draft 3 players in the first round. We need all the help we can get. Other than the QB's I really like Etienne, Higgins and for 2021 Chase.

Some of the guys in the VIP chatroom last night directed me to watch Simmons and he's very good. Where do you play him tho? All over the field or do you have him in one spot? Going to the right situation could make him a star if used the right way.

That bowling ball RB for LSU is very good. Hard to bring him down and hard to catch him as well.

With 14 picks I'd hope we're getting at least 2 or 3 guys that played last night in the draft.

Simmons is probably very high on Miami's list . . . But that tape last night and what he is expected to do at the combine may vault him ahead of the 5 pick. Keep in mind, we talking 6'4" and 235. This ain't Minkah . . . .this kid can actually play every position in the back 7 and he can rush the passer.

Simmons is probably very high on Miami's list . . . But that tape last night and what he is expected to do at the combine may vault him ahead of the 5 pick. Keep in mind, we talking 6'4" and 235. This ain't Minkah . . . .this kid can actually play every position in the back 7 and he can rush the passer.
yeah I was impress with him. He can do so many things but if we really want to go QB at 5 then we will not get Simmons as he'll be gone way before our next pick. Still, lots of play makers in this draft. Can't wait for Senior bowl week and the combine.

yeah I was impress with him. He can do so many things but if we really want to go QB at 5 then we will not get Simmons as he'll be gone way before our next pick. Still, lots of play makers in this draft. Can't wait for Senior bowl week and the combine.

Yea nothing overtakes QB if the guy they covet is there. This will be a long process with a ton of rumors and I think FA could play a part in it all as well.

Nobody should feel comfortable with their prediction this early into it.

Personally I don't believe every QB needy team has Burrow as their top dog. I know I am in the minority when I say that . . . But I do think Cincy has him as the top dog and he will go #1 overall.

Several, downfield, tight window throws. He’s the first pick, hands down. I guess you’re just that much smarter than EVERYBODY. Go away.

Wouldn't be the first time. I've been doing this a long time. I've been wrong before, I've been right before. The only reason he's talked about as the top QB is because Tua is hurt. The only reason he's talked about as the top pick is because he's a QB in a QB starved league. He doesn't do anything special. Those receivers & that offense made him look so much better than he is. The closest comp for him is Andy Dalton which is fitting because the Bengals have the first pick.

Wouldn't be the first time. I've been doing this a long time. I've been wrong before, I've been right before. The only reason he's talked about as the top QB is because Tua is hurt. The only reason he's talked about as the top pick is because he's a QB in a QB starved league. He doesn't do anything special. Those receivers & that offense made him look so much better than he is. The closest comp for him is Andy Dalton which is fitting because the Bengals have the first pick.

Your gonna be wrong again.... Your bias is blinding you. Lol

Burrow has not looked like a franchise QB & looks completely average. The tremendous catches that Chase, Jefferson, & Marshall have made tonight they have been making all year resulting in Burrow breaking records & looking great. Burrow's escapability & ability to extend the play has been impressive, but his lack of arm strength & dependency on his trio of NFL receivers to make plays for him causes concerns.

Post of the year, right there...... or maybe not. :)

If I'm Miami, I offer Joe Brady HC money to come on as OC.

I said the same thing in the game thread on the college forum and I would do the same with Venables and our DC. If Ross is really serious about turning us into a contender, you've got to give Flores the tools to get it done, I'm not confident in Galley and this internal guy they are promoting.

Yea nothing overtakes QB if the guy they covet is there. This will be a long process with a ton of rumors and I think FA could play a part in it all as well.

Nobody should feel comfortable with their prediction this early into it.

Personally I don't believe every QB needy team has Burrow as their top dog. I know I am in the minority when I say that . . . But I do think Cincy has him as the top dog and he will go #1 overall.

I think Burrow is the clear 1st pick but I will join the minority saying he isnt some transcendent talent. There are several factors here people will ignore or in their mind easily explain away. He is athletic and determined but I am always wary of a 23/24 year old guy dominating college teams. His situation is far different and sort of reminds me of Chris Winkie, not saying he is worth the same pick obviously but Older guys dominate college football. Look at some of the surprise teams on the past 15 years they are all loaded with 4th and 5th year seniors who are just grown men compared to 18/19 kids just getting their feet wet.

1. Burrow is a grad transfer, he takes 1 class and can use the rest of his day studying film and breaking down plays. While other guys are taking 4-5 classes and trying to balance it all. That preparation gap closes in the NFL. Coaching staffs put in 100+ hours in a week on how to slow you down or stop you. It will be interesting to see him adjust.

2. Joe Brady is an NFL guy. The concepts and system he runs is new and way above the college defense capabilities. With no tape on the system coordinators are simply treading water trying to score and keep up. You saw this with Saban when he came back from the NFL with a far more complex defense and for like 5 straight years allowed under 10 points a game; I mean nobody could score on them. It balanced back out as the offenses got more explosive throughout college.

3. He has at least 4 NFL players at the skill positions, everyone kills Tua for his receiver talent but Burrow is THE MAN even though he has elite talent around him as well. Hell people say Fromm is trash because his line is good and he doesnt tear it up. Fromm has NFL running backs but no one catching a pass is elite at UGA, but people kill him.

4. Burrow has an average NFL arm, its measured objectively and does not have all the throws in his repertoire, last night his guys made a number of great plays for him, which you need at any level but you have to be able to make some throws on timing and rhythm that you just dont see from him. Tua, Herbert, Love and Fromm all have stronger arms that Burrow.

5. His escapability was on point but NFL guys dont miss like 18/19 year old kids who will never play above this current level.

But an Ohio kid and an Ohio team picking #1 its a lock unless he gets hurt during workouts, but the Bengals are a bad franchise and he will likely never reach an elite level in the NFL. Sad for him; if you get him receiving talent like Miami and spend time building the line you would see closer to this level but with the cheap AF Bengals and a coach who has shown no ability to coach up talent or create a good game plan he will end up like David Carr, beat up and never able to access his talent.

Back
Top Bottom