National Championship: Ohio State vs. Florida | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

National Championship: Ohio State vs. Florida

Well, congrats Gators fans, I'll be rootin for them in the game because I HATE OSU, lol. I wanted a Michigan rematch, but I'll settle for the Gators, as long as it wasn't OSU vs USC because I would have clawed my eyes out as I despise both of those teams as much as, if not more than, the NE Patriots and Tom Brady :lol:

kpcane said:
How so? Because I'm saying that a whiny coach is the reason they are going to the BCS title game?

Don't misunderstand me, I think UF is the #2 team in the country, but I thought that before they beat Arkansas (well I thought they should have been higher than Michigan). I just don't think it's cool that all of a sudden they jump Michigan after Meyer complains at every opportunity.

I was commenting on you saying UF was irrelevant to you. You sure spend a lot of time bashing the school and the coach in this thread, so obviously it matters to you one way or another.

Additionally, your comments on the Gainesville murders are downright disgusting.

kpcane said:
How so? Because I'm saying that a whiny coach is the reason they are going to the BCS title game?

Don't misunderstand me, I think UF is the #2 team in the country, but I thought that before they beat Arkansas (well I thought they should have been higher than Michigan). I just don't think it's cool that all of a sudden they jump Michigan after Meyer complains at every opportunity.

Ofcourse the coach is gonna lobby for his team to get the edge?? Enjoy your joke of a bowl and your search for the next Jimmy Johnson.

I heard Larry Shannon is a canidate:sidelol: My god that would be great!!!!!

By the way being a fan of the "U" and a program that almost abolished football period! You have ZERO merit to bring up any other teams off the field issues or problems in the community. The pot calling the kettle black indeed.

kpcane said:

And it's a joke that you think the voters are so stupid that they relied on Urban Meyer to make up their minds.

I am excited about this game.

UM is a good team, but IMO you should not be in the National championship IF you lose your conference.

OSU surely has looked like the best team in the nation. I have no problem saying that. However, I am excited to see them playing another solid team and seeing how each really relates. Both programs have good to great coaches, it should be a good game! The time off should really help Florida rest some of their injuries. By game time, hopefully they will be 100%. (I just wish Thomas was not kicked off - to see how good this really could have been!)

Along with seeing Michigan against USC I really like Bowl time bc you get to see how other teams really equate to other teams in other conferences.

Did you really just say that? :sidelol:

I meant to say that you are making yourself look stupid.

Cut me some slack I was half asleep.

Pretty much sums it up

"Both Ohio State's and Florida's rosters are chock-full of premier athletes and senior quarterbacks who have experience in big games. Ohio State has the advantage in this matchup because its running game is much better than Florida's. Antonio Pittman has gained 1,171 yards and 13 touchdowns on the ground. The Buckeyes' backs will attempt to take some of the pressure off quarterback Troy Smith. That may be easier said than done; Florida boasts the nation's sixth-best rushing defense, holding opponents to less than 75 yards per game on average. Smith's mobility will help against Florida's pass-rush, which has been good all year. Smith should also look to put the ball in the air against Florida's weak secondary. Defensively, Ohio State has not faced the type of spread offense that Florida runs. The Buckeyes will have to work hard in space and cover the Gators' speedy receivers. Ohio State's defense has been stout all season and the offense continually steps up in big games.
-- Jim Donnan"

brech10 said:
First off...disclaimer...I'm an FSU alum and die-hard fan...

UF had a MUCH better body of work than Michigan and deserves to play in the national championship and it would be a crime to give Michigan another shot and OSU. That being said, I agree with Lou Hotlz (for the first time ever...someboby get that guy a bib)...Michigan has a gripe because all they did was lose to the top team in the country. But this is the ridiculous system we live with and being that we can't change it in the next few weeks, the national championship game should absolutely be OSU vs. UF.

Division1 is a farce until they have a playoff.

Majpain said:
Pretty much sums it up

"Both Ohio State's and Florida's rosters are chock-full of premier athletes and senior quarterbacks who have experience in big games. Ohio State has the advantage in this matchup because its running game is much better than Florida's. Antonio Pittman has gained 1,171 yards and 13 touchdowns on the ground. The Buckeyes' backs will attempt to take some of the pressure off quarterback Troy Smith. That may be easier said than done; Florida boasts the nation's sixth-best rushing defense, holding opponents to less than 75 yards per game on average. Smith's mobility will help against Florida's pass-rush, which has been good all year. Smith should also look to put the ball in the air against Florida's weak secondary. Defensively, Ohio State has not faced the type of spread offense that Florida runs. The Buckeyes will have to work hard in space and cover the Gators' speedy receivers. Ohio State's defense has been stout all season and the offense continually steps up in big games.
-- Jim Donnan"

That sounds about right. OSU will be exposed to a type of defense they haven't seen much, but they showed against UM that they can adapt and have success against the best. I like Florida's speed in this game. IMO, if they can shut down Smith -- keep him in the pocket, and force OSU to play it up the middle, it'll become a game of inches and a defensive game. Even with Smith, Ginn Jr., Florida's defense has more athletes than OSU's offense.

I don't know what secondary Jim Donnan is talking about...but Reggie Nelson and Ryan Smith are pretty good. Maybe that's why Jim Donnan no longer coaches...poor evaluation.

Majpain said:
Pretty much sums it up

-- Jim Donnan"
Kev83 said:
I don't know what secondary Jim Donnan is talking about...but Reggie Nelson and Ryan Smith are pretty good. Maybe that's why Jim Donnan no longer coaches...poor evaluation.

:yeahthat:

Good overview except for that part. How can we have a weak secondary when we have the best safety in the nation?

Majpain said:
Pretty much sums it up

-- Jim Donnan"

HAHAHA weak secondary, throw some nelson's way. Eraser!!!!

i heard today that the only coach from the Big 10 to vote for Florida as #2 was Ron Zook.

thanks coach. :)

UF Fin Kat said:
i heard today that the only coach from the Big 10 to vote for Florida as #2 was Ron Zook.

thanks coach. :)

Hey the Zooker knows!!!!

Back
Top Bottom