National Media certainly underwhelmed by hire... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

National Media certainly underwhelmed by hire...

We will have to wait and see you know.

I'm not trying to undermine the credibility of your source by no means.

I have learned through the years though that the opinions of the media are not always correct and statements are made to later give us an "I told you so" if they happen to be right.

I personally am glad that an organizational change has been made. We have seen the same format for so many years and it has driven us in the ground.

Is Cam the guy? I hope so.

Can guys who are predict outcomes for a living call this a bad hiring? Of course.

Does that mean they are right? I don't think so!

consider the following response I got from one major correspondent (whose identity I'll keep secret because he does me the courtesy of responding almost immediately whenever I e-mail). Let me say, that I like Cameron but this certainly dampened my enthusiasm.

Rob--

I am under-whelmed by the hiring....he went nuts at Indiana and a lot of coaches I respect feel that he is simply OK....I heard they considered talking to Schiano. He would have been a better choice. Nothing about him says this is going to work.

Wayne supposedly has had this team up for sale since the tail end of Jimmy Johnson's career there. Wayne is frustrated in that he's thrown a lot of money at the dolphins and nothing has worked. Everyone told him that Saban was the right hire and look what happened. Wayne doesn't need to sell, but he could at any time. And unlike a lot of owners, he doesn't really understand the game like he does some of his businesses. After all these years, he remains a novice.

I guess any team is a candidate to move to LA that doesn't have strong support. I don't see Goodell allowing this franchise to move there, though. The Saints and Jacksonville still seem like better contenders.
I am underwhelmed by the National Media. Who is a an absolute better candidate. In my opinion maybe Mora but his desire to go to Washington and Whillingham on shaky ground there is a real concern. The guy deserves a chance.

That's what I was thinking too.

I'm not going to start jumping on Cam's bandwagon. You all can go ahead and praise the guy as your new god and savior of the Dolphins. I did that for Saban as soon as he was hired, and look what it ended up.

Once Cam accomplishes ANYTHING, then I will give him his props, but for now, I'm just sitting back, waiting for the Dolphins to win.

Im willing to give Cam a break on that.

I mean when Linhean was in Minny late in the 4th quarter of tight games he would run WR-option passes and have Moss and other WR's throwing INT's. I mean late in a tight game the ONLY player throwing the ball should be your QB. And when Linhean was in Miami for 1 year he did a fine job.

Cam stunk it up last week vs NE. To say otherwise is lying to yourself. But it is just one game and hopefully he has learned so, I will cut him slack on that

consider the following response I got from one major correspondent (whose identity I'll keep secret because he does me the courtesy of responding almost immediately whenever I e-mail). Let me say, that I like Cameron but this certainly dampened my enthusiasm.

Rob--

I am under-whelmed by the hiring....he went nuts at Indiana and a lot of coaches I respect feel that he is simply OK....I heard they considered talking to Schiano. He would have been a better choice. Nothing about him says this is going to work.

Wayne supposedly has had this team up for sale since the tail end of Jimmy Johnson's career there. Wayne is frustrated in that he's thrown a lot of money at the dolphins and nothing has worked. Everyone told him that Saban was the right hire and look what happened. Wayne doesn't need to sell, but he could at any time. And unlike a lot of owners, he doesn't really understand the game like he does some of his businesses. After all these years, he remains a novice.

I guess any team is a candidate to move to LA that doesn't have strong support. I don't see Goodell allowing this franchise to move there, though. The Saints and Jacksonville still seem like better contenders.

Anybody who thinks the Dolphins might move is off their rocker.

I am underwhelmed by the National Media. Who is a an absolute better candidate. In my opinion maybe Mora but his desire to go to Washington and Whillingham on shaky ground there is a real concern. The guy deserves a chance.

The man we should have talked to was Jim Fassell.

At least talk to him. That guy took a mediocre Giants team to a Super Bowl and did it playing in a very tough NFC East.

Offensive minded, has an above .500 record as a head coach. Been to a Super Bowl. Has head coaching experience.

Was surprised we didn't chat with him at the very least

It is one opinion of many. This fan here does not put too much credence into it. The assertion that Wayne H. has been trying to sell since the end of JJ's tenure is pushing it. I mean we have heard the rumors of potential sell. Quit a few owners will put out 'feelers' about what certain interests would pay for thier pay to gauge market price and what route to go if they wanted to. Smart business people always enable themselves to have the most options. But that does not mean he will leave high and dry at the drop of a hat either. Even if he did want to sell I don't think the team leaves S. FL anyhow. Too much speculation from this guy for my tastes.

its not the hwh selling idea that quashes his credibility for me, i see that happening at some point (ive observed hwh for too long in how he handled his other teams-athough the dolphins have always been his baby of a franchise) but even brining up the notion of miami moving is absolute garbage. just because an owner sells doesnt mean the team will be moved. you move teams that dont have thick histories in their market, teams that are actually failing (the dolphins still make a ton of a money as an organization) and you dont move the team wiht the only perfect record, it just doesnt work that way. and for that thought to even pop up in a so called "nationally credible" source then it proves that this guy really knows nothing and that he could be urinating on you and telling you its rain but youd believe him cuse hes a member of the "national media"

like i said on another post, i think alot of the national media is bitter at miami cuse they all picked us to go to the SB and now they look stupid cuse they cant claim "i picked them back in september" and have to explain that they really dont know anymore than the average sports fan when i comes to analysis and predictions

People give Al Davis a hard time. The man looks like the cryptkeeper. However, knowing the man personally, I can tell you that he still has some good ideas for the legue, let alone the Raiders. He is stuck in the past with some of his coaching hires and decisions about personell, but he is a good man who should be able to stay as long as he wats for what he has done for this league imo.

Also, does everyone realize that Al Davis only owns 49% of the Raiders? Most people don't know that.
It's about 42%. But it's the largest majority share with about 10 other investors hence he still the "owner".

I did not know that. Really only 49%. Who owns the other 51% out of curiosity?

Actually, I just called my sister to find out (she knows Al and the Raiders much better than I do, in fact, she used to babysit Jon Gruden's kids and hang out on the sidelines at games. Unfortuantely, she is a Raider fan, but she knows her football). And she said that he now owns about 60-70% of the team after a lawsuit in 2004. A quick check of Wikipedia confirms as much. The other owners were Ed McGah and Wayne Valley. Valley eventually sold his stake in ownership after a spat with Davis, thus leaving two owners, Davis and McGah.

Davis is the face of the franchise though, because they signed an agreement stating that Davis would be the face and chief operator of the franchise. After McGah dided, his son and family filed suit against Davis claiming mismanagement. It was settle dout of court with Davis rumored to now have 60 to 70 % ownership as I said earlier.

The other limited owners are undisclosed now according to wikipedia. My sister says the McGahs still have some claim to the team, but she could be remembering it wrong.

Ya, and I am sure the national media wasn't that high on the hiring of Sean Payton for the Saints or Eric Mangini for the Jets last year too and look how that turned out. I can give a rats you know what what the media thinks.

Rob--

So some anonymous person emails you the most ridiculous notion that our team is moving to LA and he's supposed to be taken seriously? :sidelol:

National media = 1 guy that emailed you, talk about sensationalizing. :rolleyes2

The man we should have talked to was Jim Fassell.

At least talk to him. That guy took a mediocre Giants team to a Super Bowl and did it playing in a very tough NFC East.

Offensive minded, has an above .500 record as a head coach. Been to a Super Bowl. Has head coaching experience.

Was surprised we didn't chat with him at the very least
He was callling all the offensive plays for Baltimore and it never worked out. Then when he got fired, Billick called all the plays and Baltimore's offense started to get good. That's probably the reason why Miami backed away from him.

In reference to the title of the thread, who really cares? I think he was the right choice given our options. Hopefully he'll turn the team around in the next year or 2.

Back
Top Bottom