National Media certainly underwhelmed by hire... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

National Media certainly underwhelmed by hire...

consider the following response I got from one major correspondent (whose identity I'll keep secret because he does me the courtesy of responding almost immediately whenever I e-mail). Let me say, that I like Cameron but this certainly dampened my enthusiasm.

Rob--

I am under-whelmed by the hiring....he went nuts at Indiana and a lot of coaches I respect feel that he is simply OK....I heard they considered talking to Schiano. He would have been a better choice. Nothing about him says this is going to work.

Wayne supposedly has had this team up for sale since the tail end of Jimmy Johnson's career there. Wayne is frustrated in that he's thrown a lot of money at the dolphins and nothing has worked. Everyone told him that Saban was the right hire and look what happened. Wayne doesn't need to sell, but he could at any time. And unlike a lot of owners, he doesn't really understand the game like he does some of his businesses. After all these years, he remains a novice.

I guess any team is a candidate to move to LA that doesn't have strong support. I don't see Goodell allowing this franchise to move there, though. The Saints and Jacksonville still seem like better contenders.

:shakeno:

I get so sick of the media trying to rehash this "Wayne H. is selling the Dolphins" story. Any time they need to sound like they know what's going on down here with something tied to a possible negative situation they throw that in.

It all goes back to an interview years back where someone asked Wayne H. if he'd sell the team and like any good business man he said "anything is for sale if someone offers the right price." In other words if someone wants to offer me something ridiculous it's theirs!

While he said that he also said he has no active interest in selling the team at all. That he loved being an NFL owner.

Of course they always ignore that last part and ever since that interview, "the Dolphins are actively being sold." :rolleyes2

If Wayne H. was tired of the Dolphins why on earth would he continually open his checkbook MUCH more than he needs to when building this team?

An owner that is tired of his team isn't going to put this much money and personal attention to it as he has.

The whole idea from this guy that Miami is a bad situation for a new coach because we may sell is silly.

As for the L.A. comment, this guy is delusional.

Well I'm not going to spend my time worrying about what some sportswriter "with credibility" has to say. I back my Fins and will back our new HC. I like having a brilliant offensive mind in charge, a great DC in Capers and an excellent GM in Mueller. Why on Earth would I want to sit around worrying, I'd rather enjoy some positive thinking in anticipation of success. Isn't that what sports is all about?

I couldn't give a **** what the national media thinks of the hiring. The moment they actually do something for the Dolphins, instead of just speculating and bitching, is the moment I'll care what they think. In case you can't tell, I have more contempt for the media than Saban.

Hey, regardless...

I support my Dolphins to the end. I personally like Cameron, especially a heck of a lot more than Gailey or Mora. I also like the new power structure...

The reality is that King, Mortenson, etc...have been killing the hiring and Huizenga...and so did my source. He is usually very forthcoming with information that usually proves to be at least somewhat reliable which is why I posted it here. Its still JUST his opinion and I thought I would share it. That's the end of it. It doesn't change anything for the future...its still just opinion and it did put a damper on one morning of news for me. On we move...

Back
Top Bottom