Natty Light | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Natty Light

I'm just going to throw this out there. The title of the thread is "natty light" which is a beer I love and enjoy. So when you start a thread about a delish beer and then talk about a ****ing QB, I get a little upset. Hopefully in the future, you will learn how to seperate the two.
I pray to the beer gods that you are joking.

You can win in the playoffs with mediocre relief pitching. you aint going anywhere with mediocre starting pitching. Same goes for QBs and LTs.

Go ask the Yankess if they agree with this. They lost this year 100% due to a bad bullpen. Thats why they just paid a set-up man 35 million dollars. Bullpen is huge especially in playoff baseball. While you can't win without top end starters you can't win with a bad pen either.

Lets be honest. If we had drafted a QB in the top 5 picks and he led us to a playoff 1 seed and then went out and did what he did on Sat night. This place would be blowing up with bust threads and woulda coulda shouldas. The grass is always greener in this place. At this point Ryan is a good Qb who had a good season and a bad night. No more no less.

But it is funny how we get about other teams guys.

Bottom line if he was a fin and the fins lost that game. Ryan bust 80-20 here.

it must be the offseason. When the threads about players not on the dolphins go on longer than the ones about guys who actually play in southfla. You know it's the offseason.

Aaron Rodgers is only 18 mos older than Matty Ice; in their careers Rodgers has started 47 games, Ryan 46 so in real playing time, they should be at about the same developmental level. But they're not.

I never said one was better than the other & its even hard to compare as their teams are apples & oranges apart.

Not so. that they should be equal. Rodgers has 6 years in the league, Ryan only has 3 years ... your basing your point on Rodger sat a while behind Favre, BIG Advantage ... Rodgers had the same label Ryan does today ... that's THE point. Who knows how good Ryan will be in 3 years ... I"LL TAKE HIM IN A HEART BEAT!!

I never said one was better than the other & its even hard to compare as their teams are apples & oranges apart.

Not so. that they should be equal. Rodgers has 6 years in the league, Ryan only has 3 years ... your basing your point on Rodger sat a while behind Favre, BIG Advantage ... Rodgers had the same label Ryan does today ... that's THE point. Who knows how good Ryan will be in 3 years ... I"LL TAKE HIM IN A HEART BEAT!!

I'd take Ryan too, but not before I'd take 5 or 6 others with Rodgers and Rivers at the top of that list. Bottom line, Aaron Rodgers started 1 more game than Ryan and the baptism by fire that OJT affords is a great experience equalizer. Beyond that, Rodgers didn't get much out of being Favre's understudy: Favre immediately went on record as saying he's not there to mentor anyone, and in the 3 years Rodgers had to sit behind him, Favre, outside from his 13-3 07 anomaly year, in 05 threw 20TDs/29Ints and in 06 18/18. A reckless and often careless gunslinger, especially when the game is on the line, is hardly the best example to watch or emulate.

I look at it this way: if Rodgers had the additional 3 years as a starting QB, he'd be even better than he is now and instead of one of the league's top3, very likely the most elite of the elite.

IMO comparing Ryan to Rodgers is apples to apples considering what they respectively have had to work with this year and last. Ryan is a good QB but will never have Rodgers arm, Marino-like rapid release and elusiveness, - and perhaps not his acknowledged top notch skill in reading defenses, so it won't ever be an even playing field; just like Eli Manning may be a good QB but it's obvious he'll never approach the skills of his older brother. Same difference.

Back
Top Bottom