NBA Introduces New Dress Code for Players | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NBA Introduces New Dress Code for Players

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
There will be no more dress down days in the NBA.
The league announced in a memo to teams on Monday that a minimum dress code will go into effect at the start of the regular season on Nov. 1.

Players will be expected to wear business casual attire whenever they participate in team or league activities, including arriving at games, leaving games and making promotional or other appearances.

"If they're trying to change the image of league, that's cool," Suns forward Shawn Marion said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051018/ap_on_sp_bk_ne/bkn_nba_dress_code;_ylt=ArfyVI4UXBb0ptFuuUEo8res0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3b2NibDltBHNlYwM3MTY-

Fat20Gangster-1.jpg

Put a suit on a pig..........

The league is a joke, a nice shirt and tie won't fix anything. Get the THUGS out of the league. Then worry about the dress code.

I don't see this making any difference. Yeah they look professional now, so what? Doesn't do them any good if they aren't acting professional.

John Stewart (or Steven Colbert) said last night (paraphrased).....

"Now if they'd just stop raping people...."

And you knew this was coming. From Mr. Participation himself.......

Pacers' Stephen Jackson calls the ban on chains "racist".

As someone who wears zero jewelry at all, I think it's funny how important this issue is to these babies. I mean, you can still wear your disco medalions. Just not outside your clothes.

But then that defeats the whole purpose. It's not about having these chains. It's about letting everyone else know you have them. Makes a helluva lot of sense.

As Iverson said, you can dress up a killer real nice, but he is still a killer!

byroan said:
I don't see this making any difference. Yeah they look professional now, so what? Doesn't do them any good if they aren't acting professional.

It must be broken down for the THUGS in terms they can understand. Someone needs to tell them, they need to put on the outfit they wear when they appear in court. Just imagine they are in court everyday (which isn't far from the truth these days) so keep wearing that same outfit.

byroan said:

Sure it does....Stern is trying to create a perception...reality doesnt matter. I dont really think its the right approach though. Hes lost the middle aged white males already, just give it up and try another marketing tract.

Ferretsquig said:
Sure it does....Stern is trying to create a perception...reality doesnt matter. I dont really think its the right approach though. Hes lost the middle aged white males already, just give it up and try another marketing tract.

yea its ashamed that Stern has to tell 30 year old black men how to dress off the court so middle aged white males will watch them play a sport:rolleyes:

Nappy Roots said:
yea its ashamed that Stern has to tell 30 year old black men how to dress off the court so middle aged white males will watch them play a sport:rolleyes:
You're right, why look civilzed? No street cred....and you ain't keepin' it REAL!

:rolleyes:

Nappy Roots said:

It's a shame something clearly directed at improving an image can be so twisted by you and Stephen Jackson simply because you have to bear the cross of racism, real or imagined.

And let's be clear, this isn't a game, it's a business. And businesses have the responsibility to project an image. Alan Iverson ain't the image they will go for. Nothing wrong with expecting a little class and discipline form these "thugz", too bad it cant carry over into their busy "social" lifestyle. Maybe they could attract a more mainstream audience. In case you hadn't realized, the NBA is way behind football NASCAR and baseball in terms of viewers. Theres a reason......and it's not racism.

Well here is the problem. You have an owner in Cuban, that wears jeans and T-shirts everywhere, yes even NBA owners meetings! And says, hey, I own the team, I wear what I want!

So, what to do about him?

Back
Top Bottom