NBA Introduces New Dress Code for Players | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NBA Introduces New Dress Code for Players

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Well here is the problem. You have an owner in Cuban, that wears jeans and T-shirts everywhere, yes even NBA owners meetings! And says, hey, I own the team, I wear what I want!

So, what to do about him?

Cubans a wacko. He'd dress down in order to get fined.... :lol:

MoFinz said:
And let's be clear, this isn't a game, it's a business. And businesses have the responsibility to project an image. Alan Iverson ain't the image they will go for. Nothing wrong with expecting a little class and discipline form these "thugz", too bad it cant carry over into their busy "social" lifestyle. Maybe they could attract a more mainstream audience. In case you hadn't realized, the NBA is way behind football NASCAR and baseball in terms of viewers. Theres a reason......and it's not racism.

ok, so what if it is a business (even though people complain everyday about players being overpaid to play a "game"), their shouldnt be a dress code outside of the business. im sure your boss doesnt care what your wearing until you get to work and is clocked in. if they care so much about that, then stop cameras from being in the back before the game....i might be able to understand this rule if they made players dress like this for press conferences....but this is ridiculous

Nappy Roots said:
ok, so what if it is a business (even though people complain everyday about players being overpaid to play a "game"), their shouldnt be a dress code outside of the business. im sure your boss doesnt care what your wearing until you get to work and is clocked in. if they care so much about that, then stop cameras from being in the back before the game....i might be able to understand this rule if they made players dress like this for press conferences....but this is ridiculous

I'm sorry did you even read the article? It was talking about team functions. I.E. the bench, press conferences and the like. Noones telling them what to wear to the club or the next drive by for Gods sake.

MoFinz said:
I'm sorry did you even read the article? It was talking about team functions. I.E. the bench, press conferences and the like. Noones telling them what to wear to the club or the next drive by for Gods sake.

Players will be expected to wear business casual attire whenever they participate in team or league activities, including arriving at games, leaving games

this is what i was talkin about

The players have no one to blame but themselves, they are responsible for the image or lack thereof that the league has. If they had acted with a little more commonsense, had respected the league thats paying them millions of dollars they wouldnt have this problem. You make millions of dollars, you are a direct public representation of the organization that pays you millions, you dont show up to work looking like an idiot. Good for the NBA, the inmates have been running that asylum for way too long.

finfansince72 said:
The players have no one to blame but themselves, they are responsible for the image or lack thereof that the league has. If they had acted with a little more commonsense, had respected the league thats paying them millions of dollars they wouldnt have this problem. You make millions of dollars, you are a direct public representation of the organization that pays you millions, you dont show up to work looking like an idiot. Good for the NBA, the inmates have been running that asylum for way too long.

i dont understand the problem at. . . . . .please explain how a way a person dresses is a problem.

Nappy Roots said:
this is what i was talkin about

Yeah..in other words while theyre at work. This aint exactly a hardship being imposed on them.

Nappy Roots said:
i dont understand the problem at. . . . . .please explain how a way a person dresses is a problem.

To re-phrase your question, whats wrong with an employer enforcing a dress code? You wouldnt see A.I. working at McDonalds in his get-ups, he'd have to wear the expected uniform.

Youre moaning because an employer expects his millionaire player to dress "busibess casual" when he represents that owners team. You really dont have a leg to stand on here.

Nappy Roots said:
they wear uniforms for their work.

Yep...and are expected to dress business casual when in the work environment and not on the floor

MoFinz said:
To re-phrase your question, whats wrong with an employer enforcing a dress code? You wouldnt see A.I. working at McDonalds in his get-ups, he'd have to wear the expected uniform.

Youre moaning because an employer expects his millionaire player to dress "busibess casual" when he represents that owners team. You really dont have a leg to stand on here.

well if A.I. had to come to work and change into his McDonalds uniform everyday, would you expect him to wear a suit?

It's all about $. You can make more $ if you do not push a gangster reputation.

It's a sound business decision.

ohall said:
It's all about $. You can make more $ if you do not push a gangster reputation.

It's a sound business decision.

baggy clothes and a backwards hat being "gangster" is pretty steriotypical

Nappy Roots said:
well if A.I. had to come to work and change into his McDonalds uniform everyday, would you expect him to wear a suit?

If i was paying him millions and providing his transportation and he was going to be on camera and interviewed representing my team before and after a game, abso-damn-lutely.

You claim how they dress is no big deal. So whats the big deal about requiring some decorum. Are you afraid they cant afford it? Will it lower their marketability? If Shaq and LeBron can see the benefit, whats so hard about everyone getting on board?

Noones going to be thought of as less "hard" because they dress for success.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Well here is the problem. You have an owner in Cuban, that wears jeans and T-shirts everywhere, yes even NBA owners meetings! And says, hey, I own the team, I wear what I want!

So, what to do about him?

The kind of clothes he is wearing is not the problem. He does not dress like a ganster. They are making a conscience move to get away from that type of reputation.

The ganster pool of $ is not as deep as other $ pools. In time this move will increase their ratings.

Back
Top Bottom