NBA Introduces New Dress Code for Players | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NBA Introduces New Dress Code for Players

MoFinz said:
If i was paying him millions and providing his transportation and he was going to be on camera and interviewed representing my team before and after a game, abso-damn-lutely.

You claim how they dress is no big deal. So whats the big deal about requiring some decorum. Are you afraid they cant afford it? Will it lower their marketability? If Shaq and LeBron can see the benefit, whats so hard about everyone getting on board?

Noones going to be thought of as less "hard" because they dress for success.

I don't agree with that. The NBA players most certainly will be viewed differently now. I would venture a guess that some rap star will rap about a song about how NBA players are all sell outs now because they folded under to the pressure of the man.

MoFinz said:
If i was paying him millions and providing his transportation and he was going to be on camera and interviewed representing my team before and after a game, abso-damn-lutely.

my question would be, if its such a big deal what players wear, why let cameras in the back showing what they wear? why force a person to wear something while not working because a camera, that shouldnt be, is on him.

MoFinz said:
You claim how they dress is no big deal. So whats the big deal about requiring some decorum. Are you afraid they cant afford it? Will it lower their marketability? If Shaq and LeBron can see the benefit, whats so hard about everyone getting on board?

Noones going to be thought of as less "hard" because they dress for success.

its a big deal cause your forceing someone to do something for no reason.

ohall said:
The kind of clothes he is wearing is not the problem. He does not dress like a ganster. They are making a conscience move to get away from that type of reputation.

so your saying that dressing white is not a problem, but dressing like the black culture is?

basically what your saying is this situation is a racists one....i didnt say it, you did

Nappy Roots said:
my question would be, if its such a big deal what players wear, why let cameras in the back showing what they wear? why force a person to wear something while not working because a camera, that shouldnt be, is on him.

It is all about trying to change their demographics for who watches the NBA.

If you push a pro-gangster product you are not likely to get a lot of white viewer ship above the age of 18 to watch your product the NBA. In short the NBA has been losing that white demographic steadily for 10 plus years now. Not because there are more black players playing, but because the public persona the NBA has embraced.

This is all about the all mighty dollar. IMO it is a GREAT move that will benefit all of us, the viewer!

Nappy Roots said:
so your saying that dressing white is not a problem, but dressing like the black culture is?

basically what your saying is this situation is a racists one....i didnt say it, you did

I never mentioned anything about dressing black. I mentioned gangster.

Yes it is a racist situation in the end however. A white viewer above the age of 18 is far more likely to watch a product that is not anti-them!

The gangster agenda is all about hating the poilice, women and hating all white ppl. Or at least that is the public persception of gangsters.

Nappy Roots said:

Just because you dont like it does not validate the reason. Suck it up. Lifes a beech when ya gotta dress for work.

ohall said:
I never mentioned anything about dressing black. I mentioned gangster.

Yes it is a racist situation in the end however. A white viewer above the age of 18 is far more likely to watch a product that is not anti-them!

The gangster agenda is all about hating the poilice, women and hating all white ppl. Or at least that is the public persception of gangsters.

if the publics persception of a gangster is baggy clothes and a chain, thats their ******* fault

Nappy Roots said:

The next time they arrest someone for dealing or a drive by and they are wearing Armani, your argument might hold water.

Were talking about an employers reasonable expectation of dress when on the job. They can dress how they want when they go to the club or whatever. The owner has that reasonable expectation. Its not a financial hardship, youre making it like its an emotional hardship to ask someone to dress nicely.

Please, tell my what company pays you millions and is not justified to require you to dress a certain way when you are on their time?

Nappy Roots said:
if the publics persception of a gangster is baggy clothes and a chain, thats their ******* fault

Dude this is an ocean sized issue yet you continue to miss the water!

The gangster life style is not a life style that will net a nation wide sport like the NBA a lot of $. They have to entice the majority race in this country to watch their product. Embracing a public image that is anti-white is not going to cut it. This move is long in coming.

Maybe in the next 30-years the NBA will be pushing a pro-Latin image because that is how our national citizenship is heading.

It’s a wise decision on the NBA’s part. One it should have 10-years ago!

Nappy Roots said:
i dont understand the problem at. . . . . .please explain how a way a person dresses is a problem.

So if someone was the public representative of big company, which is what the NBA is, it wouldnt be a problem to wear shorts, gaudy jewelry and rags on their head to work? These players are public representatives of a billion dollar industry, the league relys on sponsors to pay the players huge contracts, the sponsors and the league want the players too look professional. Pat Riley and other coaches/owners have had rules like this forever, this is just the leagues way of making it universal.
I dont really see the players showing up to work in whatever they want being a problem, Im not sure what the league is doing with that. But once they are on the sideline or at team functions, they should look professional.

Nappy Roots said:

'yeah, and the offense at the use of profanity because they refuse to recognize the legitimicay of the "thug" culture is their fault too.

Do you ever wonder how the NBA ratings keep lagging behind NFL NASCAR and MLB?

Look no further than that statement you made and see if you could apply it to any of those sports? Wheres your condemnation for the NFL and MLB, which have had dress codes for years?

MoFinz said:
Please, tell my what company pays you millions and is not justified to require you to dress a certain way when you are on their time?

NBA is nothing like any other company so why even try this?

ohall said:
Dude this is an ocean sized issue yet you continue to miss the water!

The gangster life style is not a life style that will net a nation wide sport like the NBA a lot of $. They have to entice the majority race in this country to watch their product. Embracing a public image that is anti-white is not going to cut it. This move is long in coming.

Maybe in the next 30-years the NBA will be pushing a pro-Latin image because that is how our national citizenship is heading.

It’s a wise decision on the NBA’s part. One it should have 10-years ago!

dude, what your not getting is that if wearing baggy clothes is dressing anti to someone, then that person probably isnt going to watch a league where there are about 10 white people

Nappy Roots said:
NBA is nothing like any other company so why even try this?

Really? They arent out to make money for the shareholders? They arent out to increase the brand image and marketability?

What about the NFL?
What about MLB?
What about NASCAR?
What abour Hockey?

You cant win this argument if you defend it based on Thug life and hip hop culture. This goes right to the heart of business marketing.

And its not even a hardship. Man, what a mean world, asking millionaires to clean up.

finfansince72 said:
So if someone was the public representative of big company, which is what the NBA is, it wouldnt be a problem to wear shorts, gaudy jewelry and rags on their head to work? These players are public representatives of a billion dollar industry, the league relys on sponsors to pay the players huge contracts, the sponsors and the league want the players too look professional. Pat Riley and other coaches/owners have had rules like this forever, this is just the leagues way of making it universal.
I dont really see the players showing up to work in whatever they want being a problem, Im not sure what the league is doing with that. But once they are on the sideline or at team functions, they should look professional.

i agree 100%. problem is, is that players are no longer to show up to work in whatever they want, because there are cameras in the back when they show up...cameras that shouldnt be there in the first place...

Back
Top Bottom