NBA Introduces New Dress Code for Players | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NBA Introduces New Dress Code for Players

The main talking points, so Nappy can be informed
In a memo issued Monday, the NBA set forth a "minimum" dress code starting with the 2005-2006 season. The following highlights are excerpted from the memo:

1. General Policy: Business Casual
Players are required to wear Business Casual attire whenever they are engaged in team or league business. "Business Casual" attire means:
• A long or short-sleeved dress shirt (collared or turtleneck), and/or a sweater.
• Dress slacks, khaki pants, or dress jeans.
• Appropriate shoes and socks, including dress shoes, dress boots, or other presentable shoes, but not including sneakers, sandals, flip-flops, or work boots.

2. Exceptions to Business Casual
There are the following exceptions to the general policy of Business Casual attire:
a. Players In Attendance At Games But Not In Uniform
Players who are in attendance at games but not in uniform are required to wear the following additional items when seated on the bench or in the stands during the game:
• Sport Coat.
• Dress shoes or boots, and socks.

3. Excluded Items
The following is a list of items that players are not allowed to wear while on team or league business:
• Sleeveless shirts.
• Shorts.
• T-shirts, jerseys, or sports apparel (unless appropriate for the event (e.g., a basketball clinic), team-identified, and approved by the team).
• Headgear of any kind while a player is sitting on the bench or in the stands at a game, during media interviews, or during a team or league event or appearance (unless appropriate for the event or appearance, team-identified, and approved by the team).
• Chains, pendants, or medallions worn over the player's clothes.
• Sunglasses while indoors.
• Headphones (other than on the team bus or plane, or in the team locker room).

MoFinz said:
The main talking points, so Nappy can be informed
In a memo issued Monday, the NBA set forth a "minimum" dress code starting with the 2005-2006 season. The following highlights are excerpted from the memo:

1. General Policy: Business Casual
Players are required to wear Business Casual attire whenever they are engaged in team or league business. "Business Casual" attire means:
• A long or short-sleeved dress shirt (collared or turtleneck), and/or a sweater.
• Dress slacks, khaki pants, or dress jeans.
• Appropriate shoes and socks, including dress shoes, dress boots, or other presentable shoes, but not including sneakers, sandals, flip-flops, or work boots.

2. Exceptions to Business Casual
There are the following exceptions to the general policy of Business Casual attire:
a. Players In Attendance At Games But Not In Uniform
Players who are in attendance at games but not in uniform are required to wear the following additional items when seated on the bench or in the stands during the game:
• Sport Coat.
• Dress shoes or boots, and socks.

3. Excluded Items
The following is a list of items that players are not allowed to wear while on team or league business:
• Sleeveless shirts.
• Shorts.
• T-shirts, jerseys, or sports apparel (unless appropriate for the event (e.g., a basketball clinic), team-identified, and approved by the team).
• Headgear of any kind while a player is sitting on the bench or in the stands at a game, during media interviews, or during a team or league event or appearance (unless appropriate for the event or appearance, team-identified, and approved by the team).
• Chains, pendants, or medallions worn over the player's clothes.
• Sunglasses while indoors.
• Headphones (other than on the team bus or plane, or in the team locker room).

yea i know all this...why did you post this?

MoFinz said:
Cuz im trying to figure out which part of this is so damn offensive to you. :lol:

:blowup:
how could you be arguing with me if you dont get what im saying? theres like 2 pages of what i think on the situation and what i dont like about it. :nono:

:dotdot:

Nappy Roots said:
:blowup:
how could you be arguing with me if you dont get what im saying? theres like 2 pages of what i think on the situation and what i dont like about it. :nono:

:dotdot:

youre complaining about nothing. bottom line

Nappy Roots said:
:sleep:

your pretty good at this arguing thing huh? :rolleyes:

A lot better than you apparently. My stands are clear and coherent and not vague and immaterial.

Seriously, you cant even argue this.....theres no stance you can take that trumps anything in the memo

this is not a race issue...yes 90% of the NBAs players are black, but this is more of a culture issue...they want to get the "thug life" style out. And yes i understand that it was started by blacks but last time i walked outside i saw just as many whites dressing in this "thug life" style as i did blacks

PeaTearGriffin said:
this is not a race issue...yes 90% of the NBAs players are black, but this is more of a culture issue...they want to get the "thug life" style out. And yes i understand that it was started by blacks but last time i walked outside i saw just as many whites dressing in this "thug life" style as i did blacks

my issue is that people think that baggy clothes is "thug life"....its not thug life, its not ghetto, its not ganster or gansta, its just a style. its a style of a **** load of youth in america...thats all it is, a style...

Stern thinks like that, he thinks he needs to change the way they dress cause its thug life, its ghetto, its ganster or gansta....but its not...him thinkin that way is steriotyping.

Nappy Roots said:
my issue is that people think that baggy clothes is "thug life"....its not thug life, its not ghetto, its not ganster or gansta, its just a style. its a style of a **** load of youth in america...thats all it is, a style...

Stern thinks like that, he thinks he needs to change the way they dress cause its thug life, its ghetto, its ganster or gansta....but its not...him thinkin that way is steriotyping.

That's simply not true, and I cannot for the life of me understand why you are not willing to admit the obvious about that.

ohall said:
That's simply not true, and I cannot for the life of me understand why you are not willing to admit the obvious about that.

it is true....i live around youth, i am youth...you have no clue what your talking about....

i just graduated school man. prolly 75% of my school dressed "thug life"...prolly .001% of my school was thug *** gang bangin kids...and .0005% of them were spanish and wore collared shirts and khakis pants....ironic right?

nappy, i read every post and i dont know what youre offended by...and the dress code is geared more for press conferences and meeting with the media, not neccesarily before the game

while i dont see how this will change the NBA image, i also dont care

Slappy8800 said:
nappy, i read every post and i dont know what youre offended by...and the dress code is geared more for press conferences and meeting with the media, not neccesarily before the game

while i dont see how this will change the NBA image, i also dont care

its not that im offended, its more i think the reasons are wrong...its not that im mad or anything, it may sound like it...but i just think that part of it is wrong, and im just giving reasons...

like ive said, i have no problem with the league saying that players should wear suits for press conferences, and while on sideline during the game because they will be on camera...but to say a play needs to not dress in whatever they want before the game when they shouldnt be on camera in the first place, is a lil rediculous to me. but the only thing im really offended by is people saying baggy clothes and dressing like most young black people dress, is thug life, ganster, and so on...

Back
Top Bottom