nba playoffs round 2 discussion thread... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

nba playoffs round 2 discussion thread...

while we're just talkin ball...another thing irks the heck out of me...these guys are in premium shape don't ever breathe hard etc shoot hoops 8 hrs a day and they can't shoot free throws consistently to save their damn lives...i could see if a guys winded and when you get tired you lose your legs and come up short on free throws but there's more brick masons at the free throw line in todays upper level game than i could ever remember...its crazy

:lol: i'll equate this ignorant basketball take to false bravodism..

Can't say I'm entirely sure what that is but I guess maybe the ambiguity is there to leave it open to interpretation? I'll go with de defi.

We'll see how it plays out.

while we're just talkin ball...another thing irks the heck out of me...these guys are in premium shape don't ever breathe hard etc shoot hoops 8 hrs a day and they can't shoot free throws consistently to save their damn lives...i could see if a guys winded and when you get tired you lose your legs and come up short on free throws but there's more brick masons at the free throw line in todays upper level game than i could ever remember...its crazy

It could also be that you've got a lousy memory and free throw percentage has gradually gotten better over the past 5 decades. Just a thought.....

it probably irked me more cause at the time imo timmy was the best player in the league...like i said earlier his footwork and glass work as far as using the glass on his shots etc was MASTERY

so when i see a guy that damn good it bothers me that he feels the need to complain about everything...but you're right a lot of guys do it

so be it...i could pick out a hundred different things about other players to nitpick about than timmy whining about foul calls though.

anyways the task at hand is those OKC thunder,and the spurs intend to dismantle them too!

It could also be that you've got a lousy memory and free throw percentage has gradually gotten better over the past 5 decades. Just a thought.....

can't say i can recall or was around for 5 decades...but the free throw shooting i've seen in the playoffs irks me...if its gotten better over the years that surprises me...thanks for being a smart ass though

i don't pay attention to anything other than playoffs...the regular nba season is unwatchable...

Can't say I'm entirely sure what that is but I guess maybe the ambiguity is there to leave it open to interpretation? I'll go with de defi.

We'll see how it plays out.

but then that would require you to "think" wouldnt it?when 95% of your posts reek of a female menstrual cycle i dont expect much,but youre right we will see.

can't say i can recall or was around for 5 decades...but the free throw shooting i've seen in the playoffs irks me...if its gotten better over the years that surprises me...thanks for being a smart ass though

No problem. Never fails to annoy when people that don't watch basketball insist on telling everyone how much better it was when they did.

No problem. Never fails to annoy when people that don't watch basketball insist on telling everyone how much better it was when they did.

ha ha...annoys me when guys think watching regular season basketball means beans...the true players come out in the postseason and the pretenders do also...the regular season other than finding out who the playoffs teams should be is garbage...at least thats the way it has become for me...

ha ha...annoys me when guys think watching regular season basketball means beans...the true players come out in the postseason and the pretenders do also...the regular season other than finding out who the playoffs teams should be is garbage...at least thats the way it has become for me...

I don't think any of it means much of anything.....its a game. I guess there is some validity in the statement if all you're after is the results, but there is a lot of good basketball played throughout the year by some remarkable talents.

I don't think any of it means much of anything.....its a game. I guess there is some validity in the statement if all you're after is the results, but there is a lot of good basketball played throughout the year by some remarkable talents.

i did enjoy watching kevin love when i got some looks at his game...really good player there...you can tell he has really worked at it and put in the time...

Not sure why the Spurs fans are up in arms over hoops' comment about Duncan whining. Cant say Ive seen him much the last year or two, but back when I saw him a fair deal he really was a pretty big whiner. Its not a knock on Duncan as a player, just sayin. Of course others did it too, but Duncan was up there with the best of 'em.

Yet you say Duncan is the worst in acting like he's called for bad fouls. How can this be true if you don't watch games?

i used to watch the nba regular season like i do pro football now...but as i got older and the game changed for me i realized guys were going through the motions in the regular season...anyways on the duncan front you are taking me too literal with the "every time" thing...obviously...

Not sure why the Spurs fans are up in arms over hoops' comment about Duncan whining. Cant say Ive seen him much the last year or two, but back when I saw him a fair deal he really was a pretty big whiner. Its not a knock on Duncan as a player, just sayin. Of course others did it too, but Duncan was up there with the best of 'em.

its not that we are up in arms over people pointing out that duncan used to whine over foul calls.the problem with that spurs fans have is EVERYBODY used to do it before the rule changes,but it seems this is the only go to move of fans of other teams to try and some how nitpick duncans HOF career.

Back
Top Bottom