nba playoffs round 2 discussion thread... | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

nba playoffs round 2 discussion thread...

We stole one tonight.

I'll say that.

I'm never one to blame the officials for wins or losses...but I think we got one tonight.

I will give you the wade head slap... though the leg kick came after he was fouled which caused his leg to come out even more when he got hit in the upper body.. I tend to think the fouls balance themselves out. I Seen wade get hit and no call.
A team should play well enough to avoid a few bad calls by the refs. Rondo put on a show i wondered if the heat could win a game in which rondo was the second best person on the floor...

could we get hozed anymore by these officials the first 2 games...good grief...rondo gets hit across the face on a dribble drive to the cup down 2 in ot by wade no call wade comes down and does his garbage kick out of the leg before contact for the and 1...

i sure as hell hope we get the whistle at home but i doubt it will happen...i know one thing...i'm gonna enjoy watching the heat get destroyed by the spurs in the finals...if the spurs play anything close to the ball i saw last night the heat have no chance

good job david stern with your damn puppets...

The Heat were very fortunate to come away with that win. Too many missed FTs (while getting too many calls). It will be interesting to see how the calls are made in Boston.

Bottom line is that the Heat can get James and Wade going towards the hoop with the ball in their hands and no shot blocker waiting whenever they feel like it. There's going to contact, whether you judge it as them or the defender initiating. The offensive player tends to get the benefit of the doubt, especially when their name is James or Wade (or Pierce for that matter).

I will give you the wade head slap... though the leg kick came after he was fouled which caused his leg to come out even more when he got hit in the upper body.. I tend to think the fouls balance themselves out. I Seen wade get hit and no call.
A team should play well enough to avoid a few bad calls by the refs. Rondo put on a show i wondered if the heat could win a game in which rondo was the second best person on the floor...

wrong...

david sterns a criminal...couple other interesting nuggets i came across pierce and garnett lead the nba playoffs in playoff fouls called against at 46 and 44...lebron 23...

former player donny marshall said yesterday the league absolutely influences games and the players know it...4 current players even told him that the league will let the c's maybe get one game...

one of the refs in last nights game did 5 months for embezzlement from the nba...why would stern keep anyone who did something like that??? i'll let you figure it out...

the nba owned hornets win the draft lottery...hmm...coincidence... hardly...i can't believe i still watch this crap...i knew something was up a few years ago watching the celtics lakers final....when the lakers outshot the c's from the free throw line like 3 to 1 in the series...

24 free throws to a player has only happened 5 times since 2000...twice with lebron once with wade twice with nowitzki...

look i don't mind losing and all things being told i do think the heat are a better team but this stuff thats going on is rediculous...the officiating and one sided calls have been laughable...

Last edited by a moderator:
What are the NBA playoffs without the conspiracy theories? Inevitably is the ones that never actually watch the game that of course know its all rigged against whatever team they root for.

Just a tip.....if you want to reinforce your argument with lottery rigging accusations, put a little more thought into it before the hand goes to keyboard.

What are the NBA playoffs without the conspiracy theories? Inevitably is the ones that never actually watch the game that of course know its all rigged against whatever team they root for.

Just a tip.....if you want to reinforce your argument with lottery rigging accusations, put a little more thought into it before the hand goes to keyboard.

only a fool doesn't think that there's some shady stuff going on here...the draft lotto i don't buy the genuineness of it but i at least know what my eyes tell me watching the games and the officiating has been trash...you can't miss calls right in front of you on the baseline in crucial ot possessions like the rondo face slap...you can't...how the heck can you...its a joke

by the way i could hardly ever watch the nba and still know as much as all you glued to the tube guys...so get over that crap...

anyways...i don't feel like arguing about it...this series is just reinforcing for me what i've believed to be the case in this league...you don't agree no worries...

Last edited by a moderator:
I know.....we've already all been made well aware of the fact that you're just as good as these guys playing the NBA (if a bit shorter) and you play a more physical brand of basketball in your backyard. A basketball savant I'm sure. But that doesn't make Benson an employee of the NBA or 1.3 equal 3, no matter how much you may believe.

I know.....we've already all been made well aware of the fact that you're just as good as these guys playing the NBA (if a bit shorter) and you play a more physical brand of basketball in your backyard. A basketball savant I'm sure. But that doesn't make Benson an employee of the NBA or 1.3 equal 3, no matter how much you may believe.

I don't see anything wrong with what he said. In regards to the fouls anyways. Superstars do get calls that regular players don't. Everyone knows that I would imagine. I'm not sure if I believe the theories on Stern paying off refs to call things for certain teams, but we're all well aware that there's corruption among the refs.

Game 4 is pretty big. Win that and they have a great chance. Going back to SA 2-2 will be really interesting

spurs need to get back to executing on offense.everything looked half assed out there last night.everyone likes to say sefalosha on parker was the difference,but forget he was busy being destroyed by that same parker in game 2 in stretches.i dont expect OKC's scrubs to duplicate that performance in game 4,but the spurs need to show a lot more energy.bonners minutes need to go to dejuan blair.hey,i dont like the blair/splitter combo any better than anyone else,but bonner is just useless out there,and for some reason blair kills OKC on the offensive end.in a way,this loss was good because now pop can teach a whole lot better.we all saw what happened after the last time the spurs lost.

im not even going to talk about the horrible night the refs had,but i guess i just did.

spurs need to get back to executing on offense.everything looked half assed out there last night.everyone likes to say sefalosha on parker was the difference,but forget he was busy being destroyed by that same parker in game 2 in stretches.i dont expect OKC's scrubs to duplicate that performance in game 4,but the spurs need to show a lot more energy.bonners minutes need to go to dejuan blair.hey,i dont like the blair/splitter combo any better than anyone else,but bonner is just useless out there,and for some reason blair kills OKC on the offensive end.in a way,this loss was good because now pop can teach a whole lot better.we all saw what happened after the last time the spurs lost.

im not even going to talk about the horrible night the refs had,but i guess i just did.

Eh the refs didn't matter. We all knew OKC would come out like gangbusters last night. Losing a game isn't a big deal.

I don't see anything wrong with what he said. In regards to the fouls anyways. Superstars do get calls that regular players don't. Everyone knows that I would imagine. I'm not sure if I believe the theories on Stern paying off refs to call things for certain teams, but we're all well aware that there's corruption among the refs.

Its just so stupid. Obviously referees in every sport make calls based on a player's pedigree, crowd reactions, league pressure, etc.....they're human. But why these people always have to search for some vast conspiracy is beyond me.

Back
Top Bottom