nba playoffs round 2 discussion thread... | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

nba playoffs round 2 discussion thread...

LOL. Nothing rigged about it. The Spurs stood there and jacked up jump shots the entire second half while the Thunder took it to the basket and made clutch shots. The team settling for jumpers never wins.

Lol please don't get me started...every touch foul went their way.hard to play 5on 8but whatevs

Every season the NBA reminds me why I can't stand basketball. Come playoff time the refs are so damn inconsistent it ruins the game. The refs have to much power. Dreday is right, that game was disgustingly in favor of the Thunder. Just makes me not give a **** and realize that the NBA is just a filler for the NFL offseason.

looked like a tale of two halves to me...but the thunder in games 3-5 outplayed the spurs and they did it again in the 2nd half last night...get used to seeing okla city in the finals...they're gonna be there an awful lot going forward...a couple years ago watching them i saw this coming...

the celtics have outplayed the heat the last 4 games...got to put the noose around the neck tonight at home...that place will be rocking

LOL. Nothing rigged about it. The Spurs stood there and jacked up jump shots the entire second half while the Thunder took it to the basket and made clutch shots. The team settling for jumpers never wins.

I'm not blaming the refs for losing the game but exactly how would you know it isn't rigged? You're a 76ers fan right? They haven't been deep enough into the playoffs for their fans to even have a chance to accuse the NBA of being rigged.

i definitely think the nba influences things as i've stated prior...but i also think that the better team over the course of 6 games won that series...period...the spurs offense in game 2 during the 3rd quarter may have been the best precision i have ever seen...but it was a lot of downhill after that...

the refs blew the whistle a lot on soft contact in that western final...totally different game than what we're seeing in the east...tony parker falling all over the place on the way to the rim and getting calls...durant catching and facing up and it seemed the whistle blowing...frustrating stuff but it went both ways

We all know the refs in the NBA suck. The consistency of calls, which is all you can ask for w athletes of this caliber flying around, is horrible. That being said, the Thunder simply wore the Spurs out.

They are a dynasty in the making, and I don't think either the Heat or the Celts can beat them.

I'm not blaming the refs for losing the game but exactly how would you know it isn't rigged? You're a 76ers fan right? They haven't been deep enough into the playoffs for their fans to even have a chance to accuse the NBA of being rigged.

I use common sense. Do you actually know what it would take for Stern to rig an NBA game? If it was happening, we'd know about it. NBA refs do a terrible job because they're terrible at their jobs, as well as the stuff outlined in Donaghy's book. There's no Stern sending out orders to make sure the Thunder make the finals. The Spurs played like ******* in the second half, and the Thunder capitalized. A couple bad offensive fouls I'll give you.

I use common sense. Do you actually know what it would take for Stern to rig an NBA game? If it was happening, we'd know about it. NBA refs do a terrible job because there terrible at their jobs, as well as the stuff outlined in Donaghy's book. There's no Stern sending out orders to make sure the Thunder make the finals. The Spurs played like *******, and the Thunder capitalized. A couple bad offensive fouls I'll give you.
Exactly, most of the time the better team in the series ends up winning.

Ratings must have been too high the last couple game 7s. Stern had to call in to the refs and get them to close this one out in 6 to keep those revenue figures down. Its all part of a grand conspiracy designed to limit the Spurs' ability to improve their roster after re-signing Duncan by lowering league revenue and in turn the luxury tax figure.

I can hardly wait to know who is to blame if the Heat manage to pull out the series win.

I use common sense. Do you actually know what it would take for Stern to rig an NBA game? If it was happening, we'd know about it. NBA refs do a terrible job because they're terrible at their jobs, as well as the stuff outlined in Donaghy's book. There's no Stern sending out orders to make sure the Thunder make the finals. The Spurs played like ******* in the second half, and the Thunder capitalized. A couple bad offensive fouls I'll give you.

i don't think that series was rigged but do you actually think donahgy acted alone like the nba would like you to believe in the fixing games etc stuff??? the nbas got skeletons and there are many...

come on celtics send those whiny babies the heat home tonight...rise up and dominate

[video=youtube;hjxFgXse5oo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjxFgXse5oo&feature=youtube_gdata[/video]​

anyone who says the game was officiated fairly in the second half of this game is:
a) a Thunder homer
b) an NBA apologist who is so obsessive about their precious little league having perfect integrity (and there are many of those on this forum) that they will never believe that officiating impacts the outcome of any game, ever.
c)spurs hater.

the NBA is a form of modern mass entertainment, and therefore it has to constantly update and promote its products to grab the shorter attention of today's audiences.this is just how the business of NBA is being conducted.

i love the people in this thread defending the officiating. im just wondering what goes through their little heads when they see a game like this... like, is everyone just biased except them? they are the select few who can see through a string of bull**** calls favoring one team and call the game fair? just shoving their heads in the sand, enjoying the wrong side of history.

dre if you think the spurs were the better team over the course of that series you're a homer...ok city by and large carried the play after game 2...

that was a beatdown tonight...done in single handedly by the best player in the league...lebron james wow!!!

celtics had their chance don't see how they win game 7 now...

dre if you think the spurs were the better team over the course of that series you're a homer...plain and simple

that was a beatdown tonight...done in single handedly by the best player in the league...lebron james wow!!!

celtics had their chance don't see how they win game 7 now...

where did i say that?im talking game 6 second half...concentrate now...

Back
Top Bottom