NCAA Tournament Thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NCAA Tournament Thread

Texas won't make it past the first weekend, especially the way they've been playing lately. They're a feast or famine team though, so they could make it to the Sweet 16.

I totally agree. I really like the way SDSU is playing right now.

You know, I was a bit hesitant on them going into the MWC Tourney, but they "wowed" me, especially in that title game. They've got everything, plus a coach that's won it all before.

That's my favorite, but this year, it's really anyone's game.

the vols could defintely beat the dukies...lots of talent on that roster..pearl will have them ready if they win in the 1st rd

I think so too. I'd also watch out for Washington, like you were saying. They're a real sleeper team.

North Carolina could do it too, but they have to hope they don't keep falling back in games. It'll come to bite them in the ***.

A year ago Butler was a shot away from winning the title so it's hard to say the days of cinderalla are far behind us.

The NCAA Tourney is the best in all of sports, this is a fun time of year. For the top 1-2 seeds the 1st game is usually a win(though a bunch of 2 seeds have lost their first game) but come round 2 that's out the window. Kansas was the #1 overall seed a year ago and the clear cut favorite but they lost in Round 2. That is one of the great things about this Tourney.

I think Ohio State is the best team which sucks b/c they are in Carolina's region but anything can happen.

Butler was a #5 seed. Hardly a Cinderella.

The tournament ****ing sucks man.

Texas won't make it past the first weekend, especially the way they've been playing lately. They're a feast or famine team though, so they could make it to the Sweet 16.
Yup. I have them going down to Memphis.

Gotta admit, for me, 64 teams is just ridiculous.

Yeap. And they want to expand this dumb **** too.

I guess they'll be putting hockey teams in there before it's all over.

Can anyone—WITHOUT GOOGLING—name one player on the Wofford squad?

Let me tell you something...I live FIFTEEN MINUTES from the Wofford campus and even I can't ****ing tell you a single player.

Get rid of this crap.

Last edited by a moderator:

Can anyone—WITHOUT GOOGLING—name one player on the Wofford squard?

Let me tell you something...I live FIFTEEN MINUTES from the Wofford campus and even I can't ****ing tell you a single player.

Get rid of this crap.
:lol:

Don't know why but this made me laugh.

Never underestimate Rick Barnes, John Calipari, or Bruce Pearl's ability to suck out at coaching in a big, close game. All 3 can recruit like hell, but their bench coaching leaves alot to be desired at the most in opportune times.

Get rid of this crap.

I guess not every national championship can be as clean and inclusive as the BCS.

/sarcasm

Butler was a #5 seed. Hardly a Cinderella.

The tournament ****ing sucks man.

Butler is a mid major and they were a 5 seed(in possibly the weakest field ever, only to possibly be eclipsed by this years field) and 5 seeds rarely make the Final Four. they were a cinderella team. Just 4 years earlier George mason was an 11 seed and made the Final Four. This is the one sport where the little guy has a chance, in CFB that couldn't happen.

Get rid of this crap.

It's the greatest sporting event on the planet. You prefer the boring NBA over the NCAA Tourney? There's nothing that matches the Tourney- not the SB, WS, NHL or NBA playoffs or the sham BCS in CFB.

I'm not sure many people could have named players on Auburn or Oregin this year besides Cam newton so I don't get the point about Wofford. One of the charms of the Tourney is the little guys have a chance to pull some upsets.

Get real. The little guy doesn't have a chance at all. That's a myth. Couldn't be further from the truth. They want you to believe that but if you step back and look, the little guy has no chance. How much longer are you guys gonna talk about George Mason? How long ago was that? Don't give me the 1% rule. We all know that when the Final Our gets here, it's gonna be Duke, Kansas, UCONN, Ohio State, Pitt, Notre Dame, etc. It's gonna be the big boys.

And the "little guy" advancing is actually bad for the tournament as if it's not bad enough already. The little guy KILLS ratings because no one watches that crap. Check the ratings for Thursday's games. Why aren't more people watching Wofford and UC Santa Barbara? Because no one really cares about those schools. You dudes probably don't even know where Wofford is. I'll bet people know where Auburn and Oregon are.

Five people? You're really trying to make a bad argument here. I'll bet most people can't name five people off of the Alabama team. Or the Florida team. Or that LSU team. Or the Florida team the year before. People know stars. And Wofford doesn't have any. Neither does Moorehead State. Neither does whoever Duke is about to break out the rape kit on.

64, 68 teams and you STILL have whiners like Virginia Tech complaining that they didn't get in. Win your games if you want in. You can start by getting ONE quality road win. 68 invites and you can't get one of then in a major conference. Just shut up Virginia Tech.

Trim the fat. Take this garbage down to 16 teams. That's when people begin watching this crap anyway. No one even watches college basketball until February. And yeah, the NBA is better because all the great college players bolt for the NBA these days. I'm convinced the only reasons most LOVE this tournament is because of seedings and brackets. Guys LOVE lists, brackets, rankings, etc. We eat that **** up because we're knuckle draggers.

Back
Top Bottom