Need to get our fans noticed... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Need to get our fans noticed...

The Beach Bum

Communication Artist, DSOA, WPB.FL
Reaction score
Miami has had great fans for the past 40 years ever since football became a big thing down here. We have always been known for having great fans, but we have never been put on the map. Teams like the Packers and Steelers have fans that actually make their team better. The terrible towel, and the Lambeau leap are a few examples. In the 70's, the Dolphins had those white hankerchiefs that would be waved around during games. We also had that dolphin that would sit in the end zone and do tricks when we scored (for a limited amount of time). We have a very rich tradition, and our fans have something to be very proud of.

That is why this year, i think we need to start something that will get our fans noticed. A trademark the people in ESPN will notice. Whether it is a nickname for the stadium, a prop that the fans use, or a new cheer or saying... I would like for you to come up with ideas for things we can use at games. I think that it would be easy for us to bring back the white hankerchief, and use it like the steelers use the terrible towel. I can not think of anything else, and i would like your help. I know that this site is limited in fans that attend the games. For that reason, I think that if we come up with an idea, we should try to advertise it by trying to get it in the papers, or tell other fans on other message boards. If we get in the papers, we can have the writers ask the city to please bring a white hankerchief, wear a certain shirt, etc. to the game. I know this might sound like a dumb idea, but if we come up with something, and get other fans to follow, I think that we can get our fans noticed for something. Thank you to people who help out.

Im with you all they way. When I hear that retarded Jets chant I go nuts....we can do the whole fan cheer right. One thing that has to be accomplished is originality. I will definetly post if I have any Ideas.

How about a new variation of the fight song? Of course I think we would need to get some professional talent behind this...

I can see it now- an all-star joint collaboration between Uncle Luke, Stevie B, and Marilyn Manson? I'm sure that would be original. Probably tasteless, but original... :evil:

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
Schleck, is that you on your avatar??

Unfortunately no. I wish I had half of that Old Spice charm and Michelob sex appeal...

Last edited by a moderator:
What I always thought would be a neat gimmick for the Dolphins would be a large foam rubber Dolphin mounted on a plastic stick the fans could wave in a jumping motion while doing the wave. It could look like a large school of Dolphins making it's way around the stadium jumping from the wave.

I wish we had metal stands that the fans could bounce up and down like they did at RFK down around the endzone. It looked dangerous but it was cool. That place would rock.

"Margaritaville" for a touchdown.

"I Don't know the reason
I stayed here all season
Nothing to show but the brand new tatoo
But it's a real beauty
A mexican cutie
How it got here I haven't a clue."

Perception for some around the NFL is that our fan base is not totally loyal because the Dolphins must put a winner on the field or the fans wouldn't show up. I think it's a misperception but some cite the Ravens wildcard game not selling out among other things.

That combined with the Marlins and Heat attendance has sort of got the town a bad reputation in the whole sports world.

I don't mean to ruffle feathers here but Wayne H. put a Championship baseball team on the field and lost money due to poor attendance during the season. I don't like it but the town has a bad sports reputation as it pertains to the fan base of major league sports.

Usually what the media types pick up on is the stereotypes of the "market".

For instance in Philly they always show a Cheesesteak, New Orleans it's some Cajun cooking, Buffalo's got the wings, New England should show some Clam chowder... On that note, I'll be in the parking lot cooking some shrimp on the barbecue with some pineapple, tomato, pork, and such. It's either that or some Cuban cuisine and I don't know how to cook Cuban.

Then you got the natives. I figure we could go old school and drink alot of Budweiser, take our shirts off to expose our tatooed up bodies complete with the beer belly. We could go with the Redneck theme. Atlanta or Carolina should have the market cornered on that gimmick but I don't think they have picked up on it with the crowd. The women could wear cutoff "daisy dukes", a short sleeved button up shirt with the tails tied up just below the breasts, and some flip flops. Don't like that one ?

Okay, we could all where Hawaiian type shirts, a round sun cap, and big 1980's versace type sunglasses and sit on our arse the entire game. Don't like that one ?

Okay, we could all tan during the summer, where the latest Versace fashion clothing, a big gold chain, work out til we are all "buff", learn spanish, and listen to the latest Cuban music.

Hey, if you want a gimmick you got to play to the stereotypes.

Oh yeah, i dont know why someone would think Buffets Margaritaville would be a better team song than his "FINs to the left FINs to the right and your the only girl in town"

I thought that song went

"shake it to the left, shake it to the right, I throw my stick into her every single night"

Now if you change "shake it" to "Fins".....um.....nevermind...:rolleyes:

Originally posted by relive1972
What I always thought would be a neat gimmick for the Dolphins would be a large foam rubber Dolphin mounted on a plastic stick the fans could wave in a jumping motion while doing the wave. It could look like a large school of Dolphins making it's way around the stadium jumping from the wave.

That sounds cool. I'll go with that. Heizenga and the Phins need to get this organized. Instructions given on the monitor at half time. Anything to get the fans involved. The fan involvement coordinator for the Dolphins isn't doing his or her job. If we're to make it to the big dance it has to start from the bottom with the ticket sellers to the fan involvement position all the way to the players. The lackidasical attitude is pervasive in the entire US workforce including the Dolphins organization. :o OK I'll stop the rant

NO ! Don't stop the rant.

It's pathetic. It's like they took some bum out of the City Park, gave him a copy of Jock Jams and said play one of these songs during a time out.

"Oh yea Mr. Stinky Bum, I almost forgot. Whenever the white and aqua team scores a point you have to play this song right here."

Stinky Bum response "Dis sounds like something my momma used to listen to as we trucked up and down I-75 from Alabama to Georgia. Boy I miss dose days. Momma had a no teef and she used to spit a little tobaccy juice when she sang dough."

Originally posted by ZOD
NO ! Don't stop the rant.

It's pathetic. It's like they took some bum out of the City Park, gave him a copy of Jock Jams and said play one of these songs during a time out.

ZOD, This is wasn't so true and pathetic I'd LMAO. :mad: Hopefully the team finds the leadership it needs in the stands as well as on the field this year.

Back
Top Bottom