Need to get our fans noticed... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Need to get our fans noticed...

Originally posted by relive1972
What I always thought would be a neat gimmick for the Dolphins would be a large foam rubber Dolphin mounted on a plastic stick the fans could wave in a jumping motion while doing the wave. It could look like a large school of Dolphins making it's way around the stadium jumping from the wave.

I kind of like this idea. It would be something different. The Dolphin on a Stick would have to be kind of small though. I know I wouldn't lug around a big stuffed animal to the game.

We have leadership in the stands. :)

clear.gif

If this "movement" is ever going to get off the ground, we've got to do something about that hokey fight song that's played after every freaking TD. History shmistory, it sucks. I mean, uniforms change. The Ring of Honor change. The stadium name changed. Why can't we update the running joke that is our fight song??

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Muck
We have leadership in the stands. :)

clear.gif

If this "movement" is ever going to get off the ground, we've got to do something about that hokey fight song that's played after every freaking TD. History shmistory, it sucks. I mean, uniforms change. The Ring of Honor change. The stadium name changed. Why can't we update the running joke that is our fight song??

Looks like a Gladiator :lol: . I've seen those guys though.

Back to the original post. I've been to quite a few games and our fans can't even get the wave going correctly.

Originally posted by Muck
If this "movement" is ever going to get off the ground, we've got to do something about that hokey fight song that's played after every freaking TD. History shmistory, it sucks. I mean, uniforms change. The Ring of Honor change. The stadium name changed. Why can't we update the running joke that is our fight song?? [/B]

Ok, this is has near to nothing to do with the game at this point but...

No, the fightsong stays. Sure it's a crappy song, but so is Yankee Doodle which was originally composed by the British to mock the revolutionaries. If you change the fightsong, what's next? The National Anthem composed by Sugar Ray?

I love blasting that awful song after every score and making the Egyptian family downstairs wonder if I am doing some sort of crazy ritual in commemoration of the Christian sabbath.

Well, the National Anthem is sung (and interperated) by a different person/group every week in a different way. You don't have the same one person doing the National Anthem the same exact way every game, every year for 30+ years.

It's awful. Our players don't like it. And a good bulk of fans don't either. It's also a running joke among NFL fans and players. I feel like I'm out in a barn somewhere with Uncle Jed strumming the banjo and Buford blowing on the cider bottle.

I agree the Fins fans need to have something new to go with this day and age for the team. A new fight song would be cool but the problem is people get too wrecked and would forget it. Besides, like someone mentioned earlier, the only way to have it stick is for radio and tv personalities to talk about it and get it out there. Hmmm, I'm thinking schools like schools of fish since dolphins swim in packs. This is hard to think of something different but cool at the same time.

I've always figured we keep the same lyrics, just redo the music and vocals.

I also think fightsong is WACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am thinking of something that involves "tidal waves" or undertows or anything about the ocean that is dangerous. The crowd wave is really never done right anyway so I guess that leaves the fight song, signs-BTW, MNF is the right time to make the signs for the national audience to see and comment about. If they are big and catchy enough i feel they will be talked about(maybe). The lyrics are ok but we wouldn't have any sayso over the music and such. IMO, the words,"FEEL THE UNDERTOW IN MIAMI" are cool or something like that.

What is the deal with having an intimidating schtick? The crowd support is great but the dangerous angle?

I don't directv so I have to go out and mill with the masses in manhattan and I have to deal with loudmouth fans from all over the league. I get harassed at work and its a general pain in the a**. It's true- The general perception is that the Dolphins are lame and the fans are wimps.

I am not surprised though. After all, TEAL is a team color. No matter what you do, a porpoise is not intimidating.. AT ALL. The same thing with the Heat and Hooters. What is/was that?

However there is an obvious upside. The team can leave it on the field and vindication as a fan is the best feeling of all.

And what's the point of this anyway? You could be a raider, giant, seahawk, lion, bear, timberwolf, devil, etc. These mascots have one thing in common- very scary to five year olds. Toddlers beware!

Would you rather have some dangerous slogan and have a crappy team that gets pushed around the field? Even if you want to get into the mascot thing, would you rather be the 4'11" (very sort of scary) Glenn Danzig or the understated man in black [Johnny Cash]?

The Fightsong should stay, just upgrade the rest of the music they play at stadiums. The Baha Men have all had sexual reassignment surgery by now and the Bachman-Turner Overdrive is long gone and for a reason.

I say have something most of us would enjoy like "Flash your Hooters for Dolphins Glory". Now there's an idea...

Just be sure to keep the male breasts out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Home fan support is fine

We only lost ONE game last year at home and we know why that happened...6 turnovers all from Ray Lucas

I love it.

Forget the water... I will baptize my children with that song. :D

Batismal/Fight song ?

:rocker:

I wonder which football team James Hetfield is a fan of.

Nobody would ever mistake that voice for a sissy-mary....

Take the lyrics out of "Sad but True" and insert the fight song !

Back
Top Bottom