New 75,000 seat stadium in Miami | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New 75,000 seat stadium in Miami

Roman529

Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew
Reaction score
I've been saying this for awhile, but I really think soccer is about to finally take off in the US.

A few reasons:

-Americans have better exposure to high level pro futbol due to streaming online.

-With the brain safety issues with American football, parents will begin steering kids toward other sports, soccer will get big gains.

- With all the rules changes in the NFL, I feel the popularity of the sport will begin to wane and soccer may be a beneficiary.

If the US club performs well in the upcoming World Cup, you may get a boost in interest in the States.

The one lingering issue for soccer in the US is that the format of the game isn't ideal for US advertisers and marketers. American football is the perfect sport for them because of all the breaks throughout the game. Whereas, soccer is a continuous sport that doesn't have any breaks, thus no commercial space is really available throughout the broadcast.

I could see the Dolphins eventually leasing space in this new stadium a few years down the road

As a soccer fan Skape I don't know if soccer would ever take off to a huge level. It has increased some and when the U.S. is doing well in the World Cup they get some decent exposure but I just don't see it. One reason being people bash it and call it a sissy sport which i find as a joke and another being the reason you said "the format of the game isn't ideal for US advertisers and marketers. American football is the perfect sport for them because of all the breaks throughout the game."

It was designed to be a multi-sport stadium.

It sucks. The Largest Upper Deck in the NFL, pathetic. The Lower Level seats are the farthest from the Side Lines in the NFL. Just like the Team that plays there, completely inadequate.

The Dolphins need a new stadium too, maybe Ross can get in on the action. I'm sure Beckham would be interested in hosting superbowls.

Why would they build a 75,000 seat Soccer only stadium?

Soccer fans will fill it up in south florida. There is always small time soccer events going on throughout the year. I am sure this venue will attract smaller events away from sun life stadium. If somehow they can lure in the canes, could spell trouble for ross.

Woah! This development might end up fast tracking the process we all see the writing on the wall for. With Ross likely considering the Los Angeles option and having already set up a scout trip to London next season, this news of a new stadium in Miami that won't include the Dolphins might be the final push towards relocation. I am sure this new soccer stadium will be equipped to hold football games, so that will become the new site for future Super Bowls. With Ross completely out of the Super Bowl rotation with no ability to get back in and poor attendance he might send in the moving trucks earlier than anyone of us could have imagined.

It might not be a bad thing. Miami would keep the name, get a new team, and start moving in the right direction again.

I don't think Ross will relocate the team. I think he would rather just sell the team outright rather than deal with the hassle of relocation. This is just a toy for him, not a fullfledged business. Doubt he wants the headache that goes with relocation, especially since he is getting up there in age.

Back
Top Bottom