New 75,000 seat stadium in Miami | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New 75,000 seat stadium in Miami

I've been saying this for awhile, but I really think soccer is about to finally take off in the US.

A few reasons:

-Americans have better exposure to high level pro futbol due to streaming online.

-With the brain safety issues with American football, parents will begin steering kids toward other sports, soccer will get big gains.

- With all the rules changes in the NFL, I feel the popularity of the sport will begin to wane and soccer may be a beneficiary.

If the US club performs well in the upcoming World Cup, you may get a boost in interest in the States.

The one lingering issue for soccer in the US is that the format of the game isn't ideal for US advertisers and marketers. American football is the perfect sport for them because of all the breaks throughout the game. Whereas, soccer is a continuous sport that doesn't have any breaks, thus no commercial space is really available throughout the broadcast.

I could see the Dolphins eventually leasing space in this new stadium a few years down the road

I will never like soccer. Too slow and I have no interest.

Beckhem is in talks with Lebron James and the bolivian billionaire. They want it to be a top of the line multi sports facility that can host super bowls, Seems they wont need public funding unlike Ross. I think Ross will take a big hit if he sells team or moves he loses big.

That stadium worked just fine for football, even for superbowls, year after year. The problem with the stadium is, it's an outdated facility, and renovation is limited by the original structure.
When Wayne did the renovation, HOK architecture out of St. Louis designed major improvements. Wayne held back on majority of it, even tho he did some renovations.

I guess I am really stupid...don't answer that...but why doesn't he and Ross build a joint stadium and use it for soccer and NFL games? I know part of it is that Ross owns SLS, but build a new stadium and level SLS and put up an industrial park.

If the US club performs well in the upcoming World Cup, you may get a boost in interest in the States.
If that's what it's going to take, then you can forget it. Every four years the US team gets hyped up as the next big thing, then they seriously underperform expectations once the tournament starts. Very reminiscent of the Dolphins this year.

The only reason Sun-life drew such a big crowd was because of the big name teams and players on the field. Back in like July they held that tournament in Sun-life, and it was for 2 days. I went on the first day when the high seeds played, and the place was probably less than half full, then the next day when Real Madrid played, it was packed. 75,000 for a local team is way too much, and if its an expansion team, they will have scrub players for a while. Also, all the good players end up out of MLS, so they won't even be able to draw a star player.

You know Miami is a sucker for big names and teams....and an expansion team will never consistently come close to filling out 75,000 seats.

If that's what it's going to take, then you can forget it. Every four years the US team gets hyped up as the next big thing, then they seriously underperform expectations once the tournament starts. Very reminiscent of the Dolphins this year.

True.

Another factor I didn't mention: Just like what the NFL is trying to do, the Euro leagues may have interest in expanding stateside, or at least playing more games here to open up new revenue streams.

The only reason Sun-life drew such a big crowd was because of the big name teams and players on the field. Back in like July they held that tournament in Sun-life, and it was for 2 days. I went on the first day when the high seeds played, and the place was probably less than half full, then the next day when Real Madrid played, it was packed. 75,000 for a local team is way too much, and if its an expansion team, they will have scrub players for a while. Also, all the good players end up out of MLS, so they won't even be able to draw a star player.

You know Miami is a sucker for big names and teams....and an expansion team will never consistently come close to filling out 75,000 seats.

I completely agree, unless you get Ronaldo to come and play in Miami (or the likes of him), there is NO WAY they will fill up 75000 people in Miami for games regularly. I also agree with Hayden Fox on this, if I were Ross, here is the perfect opportunity to get in on the action of building a new stadium! Maybe he will call in his dibs somewhere along the line, if this deal goes through.

It's about ****ing time.... This is going to be hilarious when these mls games are going to be sold out every game when the phins will be searching for anyone to go see them LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom