New 75,000 seat stadium in Miami | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New 75,000 seat stadium in Miami

Mr. Ross. Build a new Orange Bowl like Dolphin Stadium in Sawgrass. That would be cool...

There were far less complaints about the stadium when the Dolphins were winning during the Marino era and even early 2000s. I think half the complaints are centered around frustration with losing and the fans not showing up.

I may be in the minority but I still think it's fine. The one thing I would change is move some of the upper level seats down to the lower level closer to the field. I believe that was part of the failed stadium renovation project.

The Dolphins need a new stadium too, maybe Ross can get in on the action. I'm sure Beckham would be interested in hosting superbowls.

If the fins were to go into a joint effort with this we would once again have a stadium in which the seats were set to far back from the field. We need a football only stadium.

How many rows could you put between where the seats currently stop towards the field and leave enough room for a sideline. That first row as It exists now seems like its elevated 10 to 15 feet off the field. Seems like you could increase revenue with real 50 yard line seats and move fans closer to the field to have an impact on the game

Possibly. Let's just hope it never comes to moving. The Dolphins need to remain in Miami.

and build a 55,000 seat stadium thats cozy with a roof and AC for all the bitchers.

I guess I am really stupid...don't answer that...but why doesn't he and Ross build a joint stadium and use it for soccer and NFL games? I know part of it is that Ross owns SLS, but build a new stadium and level SLS and put up an industrial park.

The article says that for Beckham to have a MLS team, he needs a soccer ONLY stadium.

Why would they make an MLS stadium that big

Rumors have been swirling for a while that the stadium would serve MLS and the University of Miami football team. The stadium would be closer to the campus.

If this gets done I would hope that Ross would ask to play there for 2 or 3 years...level Sun Life Stadium and build a brand new stadium in it's place.

Why would they make an MLS stadium that big?
Easy answer: this won't be just for MLS games.
Soccer games normally require a lot of seats. Think about USA or Mexico's national teams, also international teams like Real Madrid, Manchester United or Milan could play 10+ games per year in the US and that doesn't exclude the possibility of hosting some FIFA tournament.
Today that kind of games are played in California or Illinois and Florida could offer a new option with shorter travels and different attractions.

Mr. Ross. Build a new Orange Bowl like Dolphin Stadium in Sawgrass. That would be cool...

THIS is the Dolphins' future.

Ross will never have the team back in Miami proper. The fan base is 75% Broward County.

Joe Robbie built the stadium to accommodate soccer and it is a useless football stadium. Why would this new stadium be any different?

I say put a massive jerryworld-scale FOOTBALL stadium in Sawgrass/Westin area and when the team wins, it will make WAYYYYYY bank in that location. And Super Bowls will be there.

During the World Cup, go to a bar in Pompano and watch Brazil play, I promise it will be more exciting than the average dolphins game

I've tried. My roommate in college was from spain, and trust me, I wanted to gouge out my eyes when soccer was on.

I only get excited for soccer during the World Cup for the US Men team...Now that is awesome.

This idea is dead...He is looking at Port Miami now...A 25-30k stadium.

Back
Top Bottom