New England Patriots @ Dolphins Post game thread | Page 62 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New England Patriots @ Dolphins Post game thread

For anyone doubting the QBR rating and saying that PFF’s ratings are superior:

Tua’s QBR was 5th best in the league this past week. Mac Jones’ was dead last at 32.

PFF said Tua was …..26th. And said (gulp) Mac Jones was 14th.

Follow QBR. Ignore the rest.

For anyone doubting the QBR rating and saying that PFF’s ratings are superior:

Tua’s QBR was 5th best in the league this past week. Mac Jones’ was dead last at 32.

PFF said Tua was …..26th. And said (gulp) Mac Jones was 14th.

Follow QBR. Ignore the rest.
I prefer NextGen stats to all of 'em...paints a much clearer picture, and there's no behind-the-curtain wizardry to their formulas...just plain math using tons of measurements.

As far as ranking, like PFF does, Football Outsiders DVOA system seems pretty decent (better than PFF IMO). Their top 10 QBs for week 1 were:

1. Mahomes
2. Herbert
3. Wilson
4. Tannehill
5. Cousins
6. Mariota
7. Jackson
8. Allen
9. Mills
10. Winston
17. Tua
21. Jones

Overall team DVOA:

9. Miami, 8th most likely in the AFC to reach AFCCG.

Last edited:
Settle down lad, I was just having fun with the tone of your post. We know there are lots of excuses. Hopefully later in the year we are scoring 30 a game and have moved beyond the excuses. Cheers!

Slaintè, ye ****!

Y'all have their number...plain and simple...without that crazy weather game last year, y'all woulda swept them cold...you know as well as anybody divisional games are their own creature. Even with that, they made the playoffs (got demolished in 'em, still). Buffalo was the #1 scoring defense...NE was #2 by .8 pts per game. You down on the Bills defense? Bills/Pats were 1 and 2 in pass defense YPG too.
I am down on all defenses. Because offenses run this league. And an above AVG offense > Top 5 defense.

Their Defense was also smoke and mirrors all season aided by a weak schedule.

I have NE as 4th in the AFCE. Nothing I saw week 1 in the AFCE changes that.

I am down on all defenses. Because offenses run this league. And an above AVG offense > Top 5 defense.

Ya well we beat 'em week 1 last year and they ended up #2 in scoring defense and #2 in pass defense...and they've had a top 10 defense 20 of the 23 years since BB has been there, so I'm going with "they're good" until they're not. Can't base a whole lot off a divisional game against a team that has beaten you several times in a row, as far as predicting a collapse.

You have them 4th in the AFCE overall?

Ya well we beat 'em week 1 last year and they ended up #2 in scoring defense and #2 in pass defense...and they've had a top 10 defense 20 of the 23 years since BB has been there, so I'm going with "they're good" until they're not. Can't base a whole lot off a divisional game against a team that has beaten you several times in a row, as far as predicting a collapse.

You have them 4th in the AFCE overall?
Yes they are the worst team in this division.

And again it might be because I think the way this league is built that having an “elite” defense doesn’t matter to me.

Yes they are the worst team in this division.

And again it might be because I think the way this league is built that having an “elite” defense doesn’t matter to me.
Would be great if they are...just not counting BB out just yet. I hope you're right.

The Jets are pretty bad tho

True enough. But I saw their play on O Sunday a little differently than some. I don’t think the Jets are better, we’ll see.
Jets are much more talented all over that team. But if they keep trotting out Flacco because Wilson can never stay healthy they will never realize that talent this year.

They are massively talented compared to the cupboards in NE.

And I hate to say that because I hate the Jets. But they are talented

You are nuts if you think NE Is last in the AFCE. You are simply downplaying them to make the Dolphins win look pedestrian. We didn't play well at all and still dominated them. NE still has a good oline, run game and pass rush. Those are the key ingredients to being in close games. You better hope you win the superbowl this year because you ain't winning it going forward. Statistics show it doesn't happen after 5 years of drafting a qb.

You are nuts if you think NE Is last in the AFCE. You are simply downplaying them to make the Dolphins win look pedestrian. We didn't play well at all and still dominated them. NE still has a good oline, run game and pass rush. Those are the key ingredients to being in close games. You better hope you win the superbowl this year because you ain't winning it going forward. Statistics show it doesn't happen after 5 years of drafting a qb.
I'd say they're about as built as you can be going into a season, with expectations for a ring...if they don't win it, I'll be surprised (as of right now).

What was Tua trying to do on that should've been INT play straight to the Patriot? Did it just sail on him tryin to force it off balance?
The one where Tyreek saved him with the one-handed catch? I wouldn't say it went "straight to the Patriot"...appeared to be a 50/50 ball that was a bit high, but not for Tyreek.

If it floated it would've prolly been picked by the safety over the top, and if he led Tyreek he would've been wrecked by the same safety.

He was taking a shot down field...haters gonna hate.

My bad if you were referring to a different play.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom