New England Patriots @ Dolphins Post game thread | Page 60 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New England Patriots @ Dolphins Post game thread

No. I'm not saying that at all. One of the big excuses for Tua up u til this point was that he had no weapons, no running game and no support from his coach. Now he has all that and he still only threw for one TD. And o line, as bad as it is can't be an excuse anymore. Herbert had just as bad an o line his rookie year and last year they didn't improve much. So the playing field is even now. Yesterday Herbeet threw for three TDs. Tua threw one. So now that the playing field is even with talent around him, what will be the excuse now if he doesn't get better. Personally I thought Tua played bad for Tuas standards even. I've seen him play better, be more accurate and have better pocket presence. He didn't have much of any of that yesterday. It's one game sure, but it's more of the same with him. Hopefully it gets bettee
Common opponent, Tua has outplayed Herbert in those situations. Also just the first game of the season... you and you really just said he has a run game now? that has yet to be seen. We all know overall JH has insane stats this far. But do you really not get how silly you sound arguing what you are at this point

like i said the other day, wouldnt take long for the "weapons arguments" to reer its head. Decent stats and a win, but not enough TDs... jfc.

And I'll acknowledge there were things he needs to clean up, obviously. Some of you guys are really earning that hater label

Some ridiculous comments about the QB but that's to be expected after every win and loss. 270 yards 23/33 with a TD is a solid performance.
Numbers looked good but he ehh. Just nerves I think. He’ll clean it up and be better next week. I just don’t want him getting hit. He seems to get hurt easy. No bueno. Go Fins

Arright. I've had enough of the "no excuses" narrative. And this isn't aimed specifically at one person, but it just baffles me that people try to frame their point of view this way. "No more excuses?" Who are you trying to argue with? Tua certainly hasn't made excuses. Are you trying to argue with people who are pointing out that not everything on the Dolphins aside from Tua is 100%?

Guess what? IT ISN'T. And that's okay.

• Don't like it when people point out that the O-Line still isn't good? Too bad. Guess what? IT ISN'T. Is it as bad as last year at times? No. But it still isn't good. It's okay to point that out, and the line will probably get better.
  • Don't like it when people point out that Miami's run game still isn't good? Too bad. Guess what? IT ISN'T. The backfield rushed for 65 yards on 23 carries. That's a 2.8 ypc average. It's okay to point that out.
  • Don't like it when people point out that this Pats defense has frustrated the hell out of other QBs? Too bad. Guess what? IT HAS.
  • Don't like it when people point out that Tua is on his third OC in three years? Too bad. Guess what? HE IS. Gosh, MAYBE IT'LL TAKE A FEW GAMES TO ACCLIMATE TO IT.
There's a difference between making excuses for a guy and pointing out that things haven't exactly been perfect for the guy. He's still a young QB who's learning a new system.

Don't like it? Too bad.

Tua played well enough to win on Sunday. If people don't want to acknowledge that there might be reasons for the parts that weren't perfect other than "Tua SUkZ lOL," that's on them.

There are no more excuses for people who want to rip Tua for his Week 1 performance.

Unfortunately what they need is some offensive linemen who can open holes for the running game so the RB isn’t getting hit as soon as he is handed the ball in those situations.

The problem is the OL, not the RB’s.
Preach!

Common opponent, Tua has outplayed Herbert in those situations. Also just the first game of the season... you and you really just said he has a run game now? that has yet to be seen. We all know overall JH has insane stats this far. But do you really not get how silly you sound arguing what you are at this point

like i said the other day, wouldnt take long for the "weapons arguments" to reer its head. Decent stats and a win, but not enough TDs... jfc.

And I'll acknowledge there were things he needs to clean up, obviously. Some of you guys are really earning that hater label
Yeah I guess your right, I shouldn't expect better from the "most NFL ready" 5th pick 1st round draft pick.

Yup... AVG did play... just not many defensive snaps.
Appearently both AVG and Ingram were substituted with Sieler and Ogbah. AVG and Ingram both played sub par against the Patriots running attack. So Boyer replaced them with better run stoppers on the edge. That's appearently why Sieler's snap count was high.

The Patriots were attacking the edge, when Miami adjusted with Sieler and Ogbah to counter, it worked.

I'm not a fan of X's PI being on McCourty's "Oooo-wee!" segment on GMFB today. I mean, I'm obviously glad it happened, because it was one of the turning points of the game, along with the Tua/Waddle TD.

I just don't like the attention it's getting, especially when he doesn't mention the egregious PI that wasn't called.

If he wanted to use a Miami play, I would've preferred the Kohou or Brandon FF plays.

Also, McCourty has said "South Beach" every time he mentions the Dolphins. I think he's said it half a dozen times so far, and week one barely ended. I mean, the dude played in Miami, yet he doesn't know where Hard Rock is located? And I'm not even in Miami; I'm 3k miles away!

Back
Top Bottom