New England Patriots @ Dolphins Post game thread | Page 59 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New England Patriots @ Dolphins Post game thread

If I have to explain it to you after all the back and forth on this site, there's no point.
You keep saying Tua should be as good as Herbert because he has weapons. Tua just played better against NE than Herbert has in either of his starts against them. So Tua played better than Herbert against a common opponent. Which is a fact. But your post makes it sound like you are saying the opposite. So it’s nonsense. And it doesn’t make any sense. Am I missing something?

You keep saying Tua should be as good as Herbert because he has weapons. Tua just played better against NE than Herbert has in either of his starts against them. So Tua played better than Herbert against a common opponent. Which is a fact. But your post makes it sound like you are saying the opposite. So it’s nonsense. And it doesn’t make any sense. Am I missing something?
No. I'm not saying that at all. One of the big excuses for Tua up u til this point was that he had no weapons, no running game and no support from his coach. Now he has all that and he still only threw for one TD. And o line, as bad as it is can't be an excuse anymore. Herbert had just as bad an o line his rookie year and last year they didn't improve much. So the playing field is even now. Yesterday Herbeet threw for three TDs. Tua threw one. So now that the playing field is even with talent around him, what will be the excuse now if he doesn't get better. Personally I thought Tua played bad for Tuas standards even. I've seen him play better, be more accurate and have better pocket presence. He didn't have much of any of that yesterday. It's one game sure, but it's more of the same with him. Hopefully it gets bettee

No. I'm not saying that at all. One of the big excuses for Tua up u til this point was that he had no weapons, no running game and no support from his coach. Now he has all that and he still only threw for one TD. And o line, as bad as it is can't be an excuse anymore. Herbert had just as bad an o line his rookie year and last year they didn't improve much. So the playing field is even now. Yesterday Herbeet threw for three TDs. Tua threw one. So now that the playing field is even with talent around him, what will be the excuse now if he doesn't get better. Personally I thought Tua played bad for Tuas standards even. I've seen him play better, be more accurate and have better pocket presence. He didn't have much of any of that yesterday. It's one game sure, but it's more of the same with him. Hopefully it gets bettee
And you expected much more in 1 start? When the HC is messing up getting plays in and Tua is having to improvise and call plays on the fly?

And you expected much more in 1 start? When the HC is messing up getting plays in and Tua is having to improvise and call plays on the fly?
Yeah I heard that today. That's why I said, hopefully there is improvement. My favorite statement from coach today is the first game played should be the worst, because you expect to get better every game. I have faith in this coach so I'm hoping that is the case

Yeah I heard that today. That's why I said, hopefully there is improvement. My favorite statement from coach today is the first game played should be the worst, because you expect to get better every game. I have faith in this coach so I'm hoping that is the case
Ya I enjoyed hearing that part...'cuz I was already of the same mind.

Well considering Herbert has only completed 50% of his passes and laid a goose egg on the scoreboard against them in the past I think Tua is more than showing improvement.

I think it’s unfair to compare what Herbert did against last years 29th best team in takeaways and 20th ranked pass defense against what Tua did vs the 2nd best pass defense that ranked 3rd in takeaways. Or if you prefer to use scorning defense stats, the second lowest scoring defense while Herbert played the 26th ranked scoring defense.

They both had 18 first downs, they both punted 4 times, and they both had 3 turnovers by their defense. The biggest difference is Herbert got a short field and our D punched it in. And Herbert turned it over on downs on a fourth and 1. Herbert had 4 “Big Play” passes and Tua had 3. I don’t get it.

The Pats also had 23 Ints last season while allowing 21 TD passes while the Raiders allowed 29 TD passes and had 6 ints. I don’t know. I think these are meaningful things.

Last edited:
Mac says he hurt his back on the roughing the passer play.

Howard REALLY got away with one on that play vs. Parker in the endzone.

HUGE P.I.

I'm glad the refs missed it, but geez... the next time some firebrand comes in here and claims that the Patriots get all the calls... send them that video.

It was a huge, game-changing play.

That exact example was a specific criticism of the QBR when ESPN introduced it. Of course, it's possible they've since tweaked it as how it's calculated has always been a secret and remains so. Or they just stopped talking about it since it was a criticism.
They did tweak it….immediately. It was first released in 2011, tweaked in 2012 and then in 2013. Each play is based on that single play in and of itself. So that criticism was very outdated and not based on how it has been figured for ten years.

Bmore also doesn't understand our team as well as our division rivals do.

I expect the team will be much more explosive on offense too.

Ehhh, lets not act like John Harbaugh is some slouch coach... Also I could see the Jets D playing us well, considering Saleh has been around the Shanahan offense. Just saying, best to not underestimate

Howard REALLY got away with one on that play vs. Parker in the endzone.
HUGE P.I.
I'm glad the refs missed it, but geez... the next time some firebrand comes in here and claims that the Patriots get all the calls... send them that video.
It was a huge, game-changing play.
Oh yeah, saw that in real time. I get they both may have been fighting, but I thought he had an arm bar going on, lol I will take it though, as will Holland I saw.

The one on 4th down was redemption for that call. That one was weak.

But in general, yes NE does usually get all the calls, lets be real

Back
Top Bottom