New England Patriots @ Dolphins Post game thread | Page 61 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New England Patriots @ Dolphins Post game thread

Good post.
Backup research to support your position.
Loved it.
Your analysis is consistent with my view of the game from the re-runs.

Tua played it smart, where the exciting thing to do may have been to take a chance or run it.
I believe he had MM in his ear or mind or both, helping to guide him in his decision making.
He is playing well, and he is going to keep improving this season, along with the OL and other players on the team.
I am going to enjoy this season.
How do you like your "Lemmings"?
I enjoy "roasting" mine - LOL

To me, the thing that’s super overlooked regarding our game is that the defense was stout. That was a little in question losing Flores. With our defense, the offense can take a little bit figuring **** out

Defense is legit. Kohou and Brandon are stellar rising talents. X is the best at his position in the NFL hands down.

The offense worked in THIS game but it better get better for teams like the Bills and Ravens.

Thanks to Hill and Waddle's quickness and speed, but I think we only had one 3 and out Sunday. Even if we don't always score points that should help us greatly this year by keeping drives going, helping us with field position, and giving our defense time to rest. As McDaniel said if the goal is to get better as we go along and peak in the playoffs, our game Sunday should be our worst game of the season. If that is the case, we didn't do too bad. I am pretty dang happy. :-)

Thanks to Hill and Waddle's quickness and speed, but I think we only had one 3 and out Sunday. Even if we don't always score points that should help us greatly this year by keeping drives going and giving our defense time to rest. As McDaniel said if the goal is to get better as we go along and peak in the playoffs, our game Sunday should be our worst game of the season. If that is the case, we didn't do too bad. I am pretty dang happy. :-)
We had two, which is an improvement, and they weren't back-to-back, which is also an improvement. Two three and outs our of seven possessions isn't too bad.

We had two, which is an improvement, and they weren't back-to-back, which is also an improvement. Two three and outs our of seven possessions isn't too bad.

Thank you! I wasn't sure. I missed some of the action running to the fridge for more beer. LOL! ;-)

Arright. I've had enough of the "no excuses" narrative. And this isn't aimed specifically at one person, but it just baffles me that people try to frame their point of view this way. "No more excuses?" Who are you trying to argue with? Tua certainly hasn't made excuses. Are you trying to argue with people who are pointing out that not everything on the Dolphins aside from Tua is 100%?

Guess what? IT ISN'T. And that's okay.

• Don't like it when people point out that the O-Line still isn't good? Too bad. Guess what? IT ISN'T. Is it as bad as last year at times? No. But it still isn't good. It's okay to point that out, and the line will probably get better.
  • Don't like it when people point out that Miami's run game still isn't good? Too bad. Guess what? IT ISN'T. The backfield rushed for 65 yards on 23 carries. That's a 2.8 ypc average. It's okay to point that out.
  • Don't like it when people point out that this Pats defense has frustrated the hell out of other QBs? Too bad. Guess what? IT HAS.
  • Don't like it when people point out that Tua is on his third OC in three years? Too bad. Guess what? HE IS. Gosh, MAYBE IT'LL TAKE A FEW GAMES TO ACCLIMATE TO IT.
There's a difference between making excuses for a guy and pointing out that things haven't exactly been perfect for the guy. He's still a young QB who's learning a new system.

Don't like it? Too bad.

Tua played well enough to win on Sunday. If people don't want to acknowledge that there might be reasons for the parts that weren't perfect other than "Tua SUkZ lOL," that's on them.

There are no more excuses for people who want to rip Tua for his Week 1 performance.
  • Don't like it when people point out that Tua looks like a limited mistake-prone mediocre game manager? Too bad. Guess what? HE HAS. Is it as bad as last year at times? No. But it still isn't good. It's okay to point that out, and he will probably get better.
LOL

Don't like LOL, Too bad!

• Don't like it when people point out that Tua looks like a limited mistake-prone mediocre game manager? Too bad. Guess what? HE HAS. Is it as bad as last year at times? No. But it still isn't good. It's okay to point that out, and he will probably get better.
LOL

Don't like LOL, Too bad!

Hi!

I’m going to as nice as possible here.

I have no problem with people critiquing Tua. I have issues with the “no excuses” narrative.

I quite literally framed my entire post around it.

I’d recommend you read the post again, but I suspect it was miraculous you made it through the first time with giving yourself an aneurysm.

Hi!

I’m going to as nice as possible here.

I have no problem with people critiquing Tua. I have issues with the “no excuses” narrative.

I quite literally framed my entire post around it.

I’d recommend you read the post again, but I suspect it was miraculous you made it through the first time with giving yourself an aneurysm.
Settle down lad, I was just having fun with the tone of your post. We know there are lots of excuses. Hopefully later in the year we are scoring 30 a game and have moved beyond the excuses. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom