New FB onboard? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New FB onboard?

Originally posted by chambers84
Mouldsrocks-DA stands for Dumba**. Also I really didn't give a *hit either way about DG and I never posted about the situation. As far as ckparrothead is concerned I could care less what he posts, or thinks. Half the stuff he posts is just crap to blow smoke up everyone's a**. He doesn't know any more than I do, I can assure you that.

I think SOMEone's a little upset about me pointing out how much Andrew Jordan has statistically sucked for the past 6 years in this league contrary to a certain someone's opinion. LOL! You shouldn't hold a grudge just cuz you tried to insult my opinion and your own proved to be ridiculous instead.

What about Alstott? He was drafted not traded for (you never know who is going to be available and how good or bad they will be, that is why nobody would give up a 2nd rounder for a FB)!!! Also he is used as a RB a lot. I would think that maybe a 3rd rounder would be woth it for some FB's, but not a 2nd rounder. A lot of good player can be chosen then

Originally posted by ckparrothead

I think SOMEone's a little upset about me pointing out how much Andrew Jordan has statistically sucked for the past 6 years in this league contrary to a certain someone's opinion. LOL! You shouldn't hold a grudge just cuz you tried to insult my opinion and your own proved to be ridiculous instead.

Again like I said most of what you post is just stuff to blow up people a**es. I'm not pissed about the Andrew Jordan post, I just think you just ramble about crap that doesn't make any sense, and post opinions based on stats, not talent.

WTF is wanny doing!? we dont need ayapendejo. Use the money on depth that we need.

You guys crack me up. Does anyone remember when Dave brought in Jay Fiedler? Or how about Lamar Smith? None of that seemed like it was any big deal...I mean we had Huard, and JJ Johnson, those guys were for depth right?

Norv, Dave, and Rick all know what this team needs waaaaay more then we do, so until everything pans out, why question their decisions?

OK 87 but I have two questions. If Wanny truly thinks Rob is not the answer and he is looking at Ayanbadejo to be the FB of the future for the Dolphins, then why:

1. Did he not get rid of Rob when he was a worse fit in Gailey's system than he is now in Turner's?

and

2. Did he wait until the eleventh hour to make this acquisition?

ALSO - despite the Sun Sentinel article, here it is after 8 PM and there has been no announcement. Not that it isn't going to happen, but I wonder what the hold-up is.

Also 87, despite Jay and Lamar, there are over 30 players signed each year, and of the ones that make the roster, there are probably six or more that were deemed back-ups and became exactly that. The numbers (2) that became starters is small in comparison and hardly justifies getting "cracked up" because many posters, and the SS article, believe that the back-up role is Wanny's/Turner's intent. Of course any player can compete and win the starting job on performance, but I'm hard pressed to think it is a "done deal" in the coach's minds.

lloyd, bro,

You totally missed my point here. Sometimes the coaching staff makes moves that make no sense to us as fans at first. We all wonder 'why' and sometimes get 'freaked out' over moves that we think are bad ones, or just strange ones, or even just irrelevant (in the case of Lamar Smith)

I was merely trying to point out that IF Dave and Rick are going to move Konrad, or, if something else is up, they know what they are doing.

Here, take this for example, and this is just a "what if", but let's say that the Eagles gave Rick a call and inquired about Konrad. Say they are really looking for a stud at FB to fit into the WCO that they run. They offer up a 3rd rounder in exchange. Dave looks around and says, "you know Norv, Dyer has been catching the ball really well here in mini camp, and Ayanbadejo can be had for cheap, let's look into this."

You just NEVER know what's going on. The other thing that seems weird is, one of these players is going to be out, either Dyer, Konrad or Ayanbadejo, by the start of the season. So why sign a guy with the same type of skills as Konrad? Why spend the money there?

This is questionable, but I trust the guys that run this team, as two 11-5 seasons has brought out my faith in them.

Yes, players get signed up as back-ups, and they play as back-ups, but why bring in a guy of Ayanbadejo's talents, simply to play special teams? Couldn't we get a rookie F.A. at rookie minimum for that?

Sorry this is so long, but damn it seems like I have been under attack lately.

i'm was with ya 87, wanny, speil, and norv know wtf they are doing, and i can't wait to see the finished product!

Originally posted by booyeah_

Unless we get a high pick(2nd), I'll be disappointed if Konrad get traded. Hes very talented and I want to see what he'll do in Norv's offense.

Ummm Booyeah I think you missed part of my post before quoting it. Specifically "next offseason".

Konrad is a FA next offseason.

I for one can not understand why they would wait this late in the pre-season to make this move. Don't forget, we have Norv's new offense to master.

I don't have that big of a problem with getting rid of a Konrad (if that happened), but I just can not see what they would gain by bringing in a similar type guy as Konrad. Unless, it is a money motivated move.

I just hate to see this much roster shuffling going on this late in pre-season. Let's line up already!!!

Personally, I don't see why everyone is so worked up over this. When someone is given a contract a near-minimum levels it can do nothing but HELP the team. I mean if it doesn't pan out they are cut, and if they show something than it does nothing but benefit the team.

On top of that... even though everyone is all worked up about Konrad and his POTENTIAL, he has shown absolutely nothing to PROVE he will be a success in the NFL thus far. Ayanbadejo HAS proven he can get it done on a Super-Bowl winning team. Another thing, Ayanbadejo showed he was a pretty good ball-carrier in significant action last year. (He average 3.7 yards per carry last year, and I think he started a couple games for the Ravens.)

Personally, I have always thought Konrad would make a better tight-end than a Fullback. What, with his limited ability Running the ball and all. So, being as we are kind of thin at the TE position, if the coaches beleive that would be a better spot for him (which if his pass-catching skills are all everyone thinks they would be, it is.), than NOW would be the perfect time to try it out.

Plus, I think Ayanbadejo's lead blocking skills are a LOT better than Konrad's. And, while they still would not be as great as Dyer's it wouldn't be so much a given that we are passing when Konrad is in, and running when Dyer is. Our plays could be masked a little more, because Ayanbadejo and Dyer are more in the same mold.

AND... Let's say Konrad IS the offensive weapon everyone thinks he is. What happens if we are game-planning around his abilites and 8 games into the season he goes down?? We all know Dyer will NEVER be a majot threat in the passing game. So, if that were to happen, we would have to completely change our offensive philosophy. Ayanbadejo is a great pickup in my mind, if you really stop to think about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by grooves12
Personally, I don't see why everyone is so worked up over this. When someone is given a contract a near-minimum levels it can do nothing but HELP the team. I mean if it doesn't pan out they are cut, and if they show something than it does nothing but benefit the team.

On top of that... even though everyone is all worked up about Konrad and his POTENTIAL, he has shown absolutely nothing to PROVE he will be a success in the NFL thus far. Ayanbadejo HAS proven he can get it done on a Super-Bowl winning team. Another thing, Ayanbadejo showed he was a pretty good ball-carrier in significant action last year. (He average 3.7 yards per carry last year, and I think he started a couple games for the Ravens.)

Personally, I have always thought Konrad would make a better tight-end than a Fullback. What, with his limited ability Running the ball and all. So, being as we are kind of thin at the TE position, if the coaches beleive that would be a better spot for him (which if his pass-catching skills are all everyone thinks they would be, it is.), than NOW would be the perfect time to try it out.

Plus, I think Ayanbadejo's lead blocking skills are a LOT better than Konrad's. And, while they still would not be as great as Dyer's it wouldn't be so much a given that we are passing when Konrad is in, and running when Dyer is. Our plays could be masked a little more, because Ayanbadejo and Dyer are more in the same mold.

AND... Let's say Konrad IS the offensive weapon everyone thinks he is. What happens if we are game-planning around his abilites and 8 games into the season he goes down?? We all know Dyer will NEVER be a majot threat in the passing game. So, if that were to happen, we would have to completely change our offensive philosophy. Ayanbadejo is a great pickup in my mind, if you really stop to think about.

AMEN GROOVES!!!!

I've yet to see Konrad prove anything! He may not have been given many opportunities, but he really sqaundered those opportunties when they came about.

But I really think that this move has a hidden agenda, like trading him for a good draft pick next year. They might already have a deal in the works, plus signing this new guy now would not cost the team anything towards the cap if he were to be cut later on.............

Back
Top Bottom