New FB onboard? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New FB onboard?

Sorry to offend lloyd,

But, I wasn't necessarily lambasting Konrad's performance. All I meant was that because of the few oppurtunities he has been given we haven't seen his potential yet. And in the NFL, if it hasn't been proven on the field, it is meaningless. I hope and sort of beleive in the back of my head, that Konrad CAN become the player everyone wants him to be (based on the coaches constant praise of him.) But, because he hasn't PROVEN it on the field yet, it can't be relied upon. So, that is why I beleive Ayanbadejo is good insurance. Fullback is supposed to be a major part of our offense in Norv Turner's scheme, from what everyone says... so having Ayanbadejo, who has proven what he can do on the field in pro-games is smart.

But, hey you can tell us if there has been any talk whatsoever about moving Rob to TE, right?? ;)

Overall I think Lloyd is just a little over-sensitive to criticism on Rob, but on the bright side very sensitive to what other people might think if he came out guns blazing defending his boy. I would think learning to deal with criticism is all part of being the father of an NFL player...even learning to be a bit objective about it. For the most part I don't think MANY of us were lambasting Konrad at all...in fact I was defending him more than anything, however I guess when its your son you tend to jump at the slightest noise...

Originally posted by lloyd
Ozzy

"I've yet to see Konrad prove anything! He may not have been given many opportunities, but he really sqaundered those opportunties when they came about."

Pretty harsh and subjective! Care to elaborate?

How is it harsh? I point out the fact that Konrad has not been given many chances, but when he did get them, I recall more than a couple of times he flat out dropped a ball thrown right into his hands. When you want to show your stuff you do not want to squander those chances, especially when you don't get many.

Fact is that he is the starting FB, and has been for the past two years, ahead of a well respected Deon Dyer, who was a better fit for Gailey's FB blocking scheme. Rob must be doing something right.

Yeah and I recall Brian Cox calling Konrad his Bit#&! Dyer shut Cox's mouth by smashing it! Dyer is that far behind Konrad because he is not trusted in the passing game, but when it came down to 3 and 1 he was in there. Attending Camp let me see why Konrad was on the field, sort of like a decoy, a threat to leave that backfield at any time. He caught nearly everything thrown at him. But you know what? Dyer showed decent promise as a reciever in camp too, just not as much

It is amazing the difference of opinions on this move by Wanny. Some have Rob being cut in camp, some have Dyer being let go, and some take the press reports at face value that OA is a back-up and STer. Those that see all sorts of secretive strategies by Wanny, regardless of the fact that he never indicated the FB position as one to be worked on, are reading all kinds of things into this move. Great fodder for speculation.

Hey, I really do like Konrad but want only the best for this team. So far, given the opportunities, I don't think he has taken enough advantage of them.

I look forward to your Objective reports from TC. You may be the first among us to see what is going on at the FB position, not to mention other areas of interest (TE, OL, etc.).

Thanks, and you can bet that if Konrad is excelling in TC under Norvs system, I'll be the first one reporting it!!! But I just don't see them keeping three FB's this year.........

Well considering there are a number positions that really aren't traditional positions, they are special teams positions, I could see 3 FBs on the roster.

If we had a 4th tailback, its a special teams position. If we had a 7th LBer, its a special teams position. If we carried a 6th WR, its a special teams position. Same with 9th DB. So Ayanbadejo is competing with a bunch of guys at a bunch of different positions for a spot on special teams.

Originally posted by lloyd
I give up.

As I alluded to in the infamous "Denny" thread, I have been attempting for five years to participate on MB's, the past three on Dolphins MBs. I have struggled with the issue of having a genuine interest in discussing the fortune of the Dolphins on one hand, and having a son play for the team, on the other.

I have "inside" info. gleaned from such occasions as recent fishing trips with players, visits by Drew and Jason Rosenhaus, and a lunch conversation with Norv Turner. Much of what I learned unfortunately can't be shared on a MB, as much as I would like to (I got into trouble doing that during my son's college days).

Everyone on a MB has different sources of information and forms opinions based on perceptions and biases. Significant cognitive differences result in quite diverse ideas being developed and expressed, as is illustrated in this thread. Despite the press reports on the OA signing stating that his role is as back-up and ST, we see posters like Ozzy, ckparrothead, and grooves12 lambasting Rob Konrad's performance and abilities, and purporting the rise of OA to the starting FB position. This is fine given the absence of Rob's ability to illustrate his capabilities in Gailey's system plus the fact that the OA signing came out of the blue with little explaination. Very fertile ground for speculation.

I have no problem with anyone's opinion, especially if supported with pertinent facts. When it comes to issues about my son, I am well aware that I look through rose colored glasses. I try, probably not very successfully, to respond to comments I disagree with on a non-emotional basis prefering to address the reasoning behind such statements.

There are those posters that I deem quite knowledgeable, and there are those that shoot from the hip. This MB is the best I've seen at keeping the trash out, and the posts from opposing fans are kept in check with some good dialog and a minimum of smack.

Congratulations - its not easy to accomplish the quality that exists here.

But, as I did last season, I will delete the Dolphins MBs from my Favorites list from the beginning of TC to the end of the season. I have still not figured out how to participate so that I can enjoy the experience and at the same time add value to the MB, given my situation. It is extremely frustrating addressing comments that I know are false based on my knowledge from the "horse's mouth" that I can't divulge.

This whole FB thing will work itself out shortly, and I have no knowledge at this point as to what it is all about. By tonight I will. I just don't enjoy hearing about Rob's lack of ability from a fan who knows less than 10% about him than I do and "rose colored glasses" aside, I don't enjoy having to be so thick skinned and having to refrain from lashing out at misinformed or unjustified comments.

Let me emphatically state that this is NOT a negative commentary on this MB or its participants. It is just a statement of my frustration about my own lack of ability to figure out how to participate.

I will end with: "GO PHINS - SB BOUND"

Listen Loyd, I recall you from another MB, knowing your claim to be Konrads Father (I believe)! I don't doubt it, don't care to say your not, can't tell if you are or not. Being the internet many things can be said. I'll take your word on it!

But you go back and RE-READ my post, come back here and tell me how I LAMBASTED Rob. Read it a little more objectively this time.

This team has not kept three FB's that I'm aware of in quite sometime, so speculation that one might be gone is not too far fetched! Rob Konrad happens to be one of three.

The facts stand that, I SAW WITH MY OWN EYES, Rob Konrad drop more than a couple of passes thrown right in his hands, at very crucial times during a game. He IMO has the skills just should have taken advantage of those minscule opportunities.......

I'm not picking on Rob Konrad, as a matter of fact I wanted Miami to draft him!! But if he cannot produce (not saying he cannot), I want someone else in there, on My Favorite Team......The Miami Dolphins

Originally posted by PHINFAN4LIFE
FEMI, looks a little FEMME to me, so I'll stick with Ayanb????? Thanks though! I live with too many raider fans for me to be callin our FB Femi!

lmao!:lol: you are absoultely correct! no mo femi!

Let's get one thing straight here....

Either J. Weaver, A. Mayes, or R. McMichael will be our starting TE this year. NOT R. KONRAD....

I don't even like to think about R. Konrad at TE. With TE J. Weaver still on our roster, and slated to start, you can squash that rumor right now....

R. Konrad is in a serious situation to keep his job at FB let alone as a TE....Very large imaginations on this borad today that for sure...

Hearing Parrot talk about DE's R. Burnett and J. Williams moving inside to DT was enough for me today....Now This???

R. Konrad will have to have the best year he's ever had to stay on this team once this season is over. He'll need to be more than just your average FB. Bringing in N. Turner will give him every opportunity he'll need from the FB position....

He'll be getting plenty of catchable balls out of the backfield at FB without moving him somewhere he's never been....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Interesting thread...

Is this guy Lloyd for real?? If your willing to share your "inside" info with us, then by all means, but don't say you have it and then not give us any. It would help your case when you try to inform us if you can clear up your credibility. Have any mods looked into this poster's claims?

Mods - I'm a mod at another forum and I dealt with a similar circumstance in which a poster claiming to have been an ex scout for the Fins now working for the
clear.gif
Jets during their drafts. Myself and another mod on the site asked him some hardcore questions and asked for some sort of credentials, and it turned out he was telling the truth... obviously, his posts are now eagerly anticipated. Perhaps it can work the same way with Lloyd once the mystery has been cleared.

Anyway, I'm with everyone in that i'm pulling for Konrad to fulfill his potential this year... the time is now Rob! Don't let us down!

Hearing Parrot talk about DE's R. Burnett and J. Williams moving inside to DT was enough for me today....Now This???

In 2000 when DG got injured the Dolphins regularly employed a passrush line that included Lorenzo Brommell, Trace Armstrong, Jason Taylor, Kenny Mixon, and Rich Owens all intermixing with each other (pretty much the constant was Trace + JT, with Rich Owens, LoBro, and Mixon sharing time at the two DT spots)

Our DL was pretty good at passrushing too, if I'm to remember correctly. LoBro, Mixon, and Rich Owens all had experience playing DT in passrush situations. So do J.Williams and Rob Burnett. I don't see it as far fetched as you do should D.Bowens prove to be as good or even close to as good as I think he is.

ck I assume he thought you meant that JW w/b a F/T DT

too many acronyms ?

Parrot,

I must apolagize for my ignorance. Your correct....

For some stupid reason, I thought you were talking about us moving R. Burnett and J. Williams to DT as starters for that position.....

Moving them in during 3rd and long, or in obvious passing situations, was not registering with me for some reason.....

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Well considering there are a number positions that really aren't traditional positions, they are special teams positions, I could see 3 FBs on the roster.

If we had a 4th tailback, its a special teams position. If we had a 7th LBer, its a special teams position. If we carried a 6th WR, its a special teams position. Same with 9th DB. So Ayanbadejo is competing with a bunch of guys at a bunch of different positions for a spot on special teams.

Special Teams or not it would be very unusual to keep three FB's. Especially with the possibility of keeping 4 Rb's, and 3 maybe 4 TE's.

They have to keep a certain amount of Db's, Lb's and lineman, not just to be ST's players but to be back-ups at their respective positions, and part of a rotation for the positions that will require rotating.

Back
Top Bottom