New McShay Mock Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New McShay Mock Draft

Csonkanator

Fin Fan Till Death Do Us Part...
Reaction score
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/insider/columns/story?columnist=mcshay_todd&id=2372493&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab5pos2

The new mock draft from ESPN insider Todd McShay (as far as i know).....He has us taking Chad Jackson with the 16th.....I would absolutely love to have speedy Jackson to add with Chambers and Booker, but can we really afford to do this? I mean we have two very capable recievers with the afformentioned duo, and no matter how much better our corps would be with him, i still think, IMO, that we could use #16 to pick up, say, a Winston Justice (who would be awsome, again, IMO) What does everyone else think? Good/Bad move? I'd love it, but i feel we have other pressing needs....But just imagine Culpeppers 80 yard bombs to that speedster...oh man...:dolphins:

i think improving the secondary is our biggest need. we need to address this in the first round, hopefully with jimmy williams, if he is gone maybe cromartie or another corner

I think Tye Hill would be intriguing at 16...He's quick with good skills for only being 5"9"

i kind of like the idea of a another potentally great wr. it should be interesting.

winston justice is NOT a 1st round pic. he would end up
as a rt tackle and we don't need one so bad we spend #16
on one.

the wr would be ok, but safety and corner are bigger needs.

i think NICK MANGOLD, the center from ohio state will be
the pic though.

just a feeling........

Redneck Friend said:
winston justice is NOT a 1st round pic. he would end up
as a rt tackle and we don't need one so bad we spend #16
on one.

the wr would be ok, but safety and corner are bigger needs.

i think NICK MANGOLD, the center from ohio state will be
the pic though.

just a feeling........

He would be an awesome get, great C and would be for a long time. ALso very smart. No complaints here if that turns out to be the way Saban and Miami go.

i woulsnt be disappointed with jackson but an o lineman wouldnt hurt like justice but if hes not there i think winston from the U wouldnt be bad hes been a first round prospect since b4 his knee injury and was still one at the end of last season. just because his stock is dropping because he isnt "popular" doesnt mean he isnt any less talented.

Just a thought but how funny would it be if cutler fell in the draft and vikings still didn't have a qb for the future and wanted cutler. We could make like we really want him and play them into moving up the 1 spot to get their qb and we could get our 2 round pick or theirs back in the process. then we would pick 17 and have a pick in the second.how funny would that be.:D

I think if Jimmy Williams is gone, then we might look at Chad Johnson. As far as Tye Hill is concerned, I dont think he is good enought to be taken with the 16 pick. I like Tye Hill alot, but I dont see him being taken till the late 1st round, early 2nd. Remember, Saben said that he will take the best player available when it comes to the draft. So who ever Saben feels is the best player on the board, then we will be drafting him.

Here's what I posted in VIP about why Jackson is the right pick for us:

1) This is a vertical offense without a "vertical" receiver right now. Chambers is in the possession role and probably won't be moving from there after his first pro-bowl season. Even if Chambers is moved to the downfield role, I question his speed. He ran a 4.31 at his pro day on the Wisconsin track that just elevated Brian Calhoun's 40 time from the 4.6 range (at the combine) to the 4.4 range, and that means Chambers could be a 4.5 guy in 4.3 guy's clothing. This offense requires a bona fide 4.3 guy, and Jackson is it.

2) Jackson would provide the speed on the outside that would allow us to create potentially the biggest mismatch on offense we could possibly create: Chris Chambers on a nickel/slot corner with Daunte Culpepper throwing to him. Jackson and Booker are outside, Chambers is in the slot, where he was very effective as a rookie. You thought Wes Welker made some plays? Wait till you see Chris Chambers matched up on a nickel/slot corner catching passes from Daunte Culpepper.... :chuckle:

(And by the way, Steve Spurrier made a career out of matching good WR talent up against inferior corner talent.)

3) If you're gonna trade a #2 for Daunte Culpepper, give him the weapons he needs on the field to make use of his unique strengths, which are his strength and accuracy with the deep ball. Jackson ran a bona fide 4.32 at the combine, and he's big and strong enough to take NFL hits and keep on truckin', unlike the Sinorice Mosses of the world.

4) The biggest drop-off in talent/value after the top-tier guys in the draft this year is at WR. If we don't get Jackson or Santonio Holmes, there's nobody left who can create the kind of impact they can (see the end of point #3).

5) Saban appears to be trying to plug all of our holes through agency so that he can draft who he wants in the 1st. Where won't he be able to plug a hole in free agency? Wide receiver. There's nobody out there this year.

And that's all I got to say about that.... :wink:

I definetly think that we should go D for our 1st pick we've put in so much lately in our offense ie. carey, brown and now cpep. It's time to put new and exciting talent in our D be it db, lb.

I think McShay is ripping off some of my information! I've been saying, in the VIP area, that Chad Jackson was a definite target of the Dolphins for almost a month now. It's just now getting out there to the so called draft experts at other services.

shouright said:
Here's what I posted in VIP about why Jackson is the right pick for us:

1) This is a vertical offense without a "vertical" receiver right now. Chambers is in the possession role and probably won't be moving from there after his first pro-bowl season. Even if Chambers is moved to the downfield role, I question his speed. He ran a 4.31 at his pro day on the Wisconsin track that just elevated Brian Calhoun's 40 time from the 4.6 range (at the combine) to the 4.4 range, and that means Chambers could be a 4.5 guy in 4.3 guy's clothing. This offense requires a bona fide 4.3 guy, and Jackson is it.

2) Jackson would provide the speed on the outside that would allow us to create potentially the biggest mismatch on offense we could possibly create: Chris Chambers on a nickel/slot corner with Daunte Culpepper throwing to him. Jackson and Booker are outside, Chambers is in the slot, where he was very effective as a rookie. You thought Wes Welker made some plays? Wait till you see Chris Chambers matched up on a nickel/slot corner catching passes from Daunte Culpepper.... :chuckle:

(And by the way, Steve Spurrier made a career out of matching good WR talent up against inferior corner talent.)

3) If you're gonna trade a #2 for Daunte Culpepper, give him the weapons he needs on the field to make use of his unique strengths, which are his strength and accuracy with the deep ball. Jackson ran a bona fide 4.32 at the combine, and he's big and strong enough to take NFL hits and keep on truckin', unlike the Sinorice Mosses of the world.

4) The biggest drop-off in talent/value after the top-tier guys in the draft this year is at WR. If we don't get Jackson or Santonio Holmes, there's nobody left who can create the kind of impact they can (see the end of point #3).

5) Saban appears to be trying to plug all of our holes through agency so that he can draft who he wants in the 1st. Where won't he be able to plug a hole in free agency? Wide receiver. There's nobody out there this year.

And that's all I got to say about that.... :wink:

I agree totally, if your gonna get the QB you gotta give hinm the weopans to produce...Chad or Santonio would be fine with me also.

Back
Top Bottom