New McShay Mock Draft | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New McShay Mock Draft

I would have bought into Chad Jackson in the first but when we gave up our second round pick, now I am thinking corner. We could have gotten a good corner in the 2nd, but not having that pick hurts. I think Tye Hill is the pick unless we get another top drawer corner in free agency.

Wide receivers are a dime a dozen, and top corners are not.

Lazy1 said:
If we sign cambpell it will be more for punt returner than anything else. He would be our 3rd/4th reciever if that.

thats Welkers job no?
Were "expected" to sign Campbell. So our WR lineup would look like this
WR-Chambers
WR-Booker
WR-Campbell
WR-Welker
WR-Boston(?)

Look like enough WRs for me(well atleast a 1st rounder)..I say we go D with the #16

vmarcilfan75 said:
thats Welkers job no?
Were "expected" to sign Campbell. So our WR lineup would look like this
WR-Chambers
WR-Booker
WR-Campbell
WR-Welker
WR-Boston(?)

Look like enough WRs for me(well atleast a 1st rounder)..I say we go D with the #16

Campbell would def see alot of time as a wr, but he would take the kick returner(i mean to say kr, not pr before) job from welker, as welker would stay as our pr. If we sign campbell it would be a boost to ST but we would most likely still look to upgrade the 3rd reciver, Campbell would be filling the Bryan Gillmore role IMO.

Picking up Chad Jackson at #16 is like the Lions picking up Mike Williams at #10...its just not worth it even though there is enormous talent, size, + ability

Drafting Chad Jackson would be very interesting if we addressed all needs in free agency. Truthfully, I won't discount the fact that we have Will Poole and Shirdonya Mitchell coming back this year. I would like to give Poole and Mitchell a chance to battle it out with Andre Goodman for the RCB spot, and then let the pieces fall in place there.

If we sign LaVar Arrington or Julian Peterson, I would look to trade down in the draft and pick up an extra pick. The DB position is very very deep this year, and we could grab one in the third round. If we trade down, I would draft Max Jean-Gilles or Nick Mangold, then go DB in the third.

Austin Tatious said:
I would have bought into Chad Jackson in the first but when we gave up our second round pick, now I am thinking corner. We could have gotten a good corner in the 2nd, but not having that pick hurts. I think Tye Hill is the pick unless we get another top drawer corner in free agency.

Wide receivers are a dime a dozen, and top corners are not.

I think that if Saban has a choice between Tye Hill and Antonio Cromartie, Hill will be there at 17. Cromartie has better size, and better talent. Had he stayed in school he would likely have at worst top 10 pick in 2007.

after cromartie's pro day, i don't think he'll be there at 16... shame

I'd love to have CJ, I've been saying that for awhile now. Jackson or Simpson. All these people keep saying WR is not a need, well heaven forbid one of our 2 top guys get injured cause we'd be in serious trouble.

Hoping for Ashton Youboty from Ohio State great corner, and should still be there he's 2nd rated CB in the draft.

I understand the WRs we could get in round one would be amazing. But its our D that needs work. LB or secondary. Guys who wont give up big plays. I like the WRs we have. I think now that we have real QB, DC will make CC, booker, Mcmike and Wes all have hugh years

Warchant26 said:
Picking up Chad Jackson at #16 is like the Lions picking up Mike Williams at #10...its just not worth it even though there is enormous talent, size, + ability

well said

KB21 said:
I think McShay is ripping off some of my information! I've been saying, in the VIP area, that Chad Jackson was a definite target of the Dolphins for almost a month now. It's just now getting out there to the so called draft experts at other services.

wait a minute
wait a minute

I was the 1st to say I wanted a Wr !!!

jk:dolphins:

Warchant26 said:

Interesting comment about Gator from a Noles fan, But I am sure that had nothing to do with it!

If Nick Sabn thinks Chad Jackson will be better than anyone left he will take him. We do need a Solid 3rd WR

I think as long as jackson is the best player left we take him. The best thing about FA this year is we have filled lots of need positions which allows us to take the BPA and still have players in spots of need. If we get someone like Arrington then really the secondary has lots of players coming back from injury and we have added some players like Goodman and Hill. Plus have Tillman, bell, Daniels, Poole, and Mitchell. I think Saban has giving himself the best chance to pick whoever he lieks the most at our spot. Right now I'm stuck on the state of Florida in the first, Jackson, Bunkley, and Cromartie all fill needs that we have. For everyone who doesn't want Jackson in the first. What if Chambers or Booker go down with injury. What is Booker's cap number next year, will he actually be on the team? Jackson is a great player looking into the future of this great team of ours. I'm not discounting the age of the D but Receiver would be a need if either Marty "I'm not get any younger" Booker or Chambers got hurt. Not bad having a young guy learn the ropes. We have much more depth at Dline or LB if we can pick up Arrington or Peterson. Receivers are very thin.

Skeet84 said:
Interesting comment about Gator from a Noles fan, But I am sure that had nothing to do with it!

If Nick Sabn thinks Chad Jackson will be better than anyone left he will take him. We do need a Solid 3rd WR

Haha, I never even thought of that :tongue:

But nah, Chad Jackson is, the best WR in the 2006 draft. Just look at his muscles :cooldude: I didn't think he was thinking clearly when he declared for the draft but when I saw him at many of the drills and the college equivalent to the NFL Skills Competition, I saw that he is a beast. Enuff said

Back
Top Bottom