New McShay Mock Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New McShay Mock Draft

KB has definitely been on the Chad Jackson wagon in VIP WAY before the rest of these guys. And I've been right there with him -- I think he was driving and I was riding shotgun.... :lol:

DBoston80 said:
I agree totally, if your gonna get the QB you gotta give hinm the weopans to produce...Chad or Santonio would be fine with me also.
Check below my username -- I'm a Bucks fan too, but I don't want Santonio. I want Jackson. Jackson's 213 and all muscle, and he's faster than Santonio too.

That would work, picture this. 2nd and 5. 4 reciever set with Ronnie B. the WR? The excution Chamber, Welker, Booker and Jackson.

Hey D? Double and Die!

man i would love that pick that kid is a stud has good hands and blazing speed and he very well could be there at #16. now with everything that happen some players will drop including some qb's so it's not unreal that he won't be there get daute as many players as possible be even more dangerous..

I think we go defense in the first round. While I like Jackson, is he a reach at 16?

I would love for us to draft jackson in the first...maybe that is who will complement CC and booker like Saban has been talking about. Jackson is a speedster and would fit perfectly in our offense.

i would love jackson also, but we have to fix our secondary in the offseason, aka NOW in order to then get a wr

all im askin for is a vet who can still play, one player who id love is ty law get him resign shulters and our D will be decent, but who cares our O will be POTENT

stickman said:
I think we go defense in the first round. While I like Jackson, is he a reach at 16?

That's all relative.... a few years back the experts would be saying that Tom Brady was a 'reach' for the third round.....we all know the rest of the story.

The great thing about drafting a guy like Jackson is he gives us that true deep threat. Chambers is best when you give him the ball and let him make things happen. Jackson has the size and speed to just out run CB's and then out jump them!

As far as the secondary, if you add a guy like Arrington who can flat out get after the QB, pair him with Taylor and your secondary will look alot better. If a QB has no time to make reads and go through his progressions he cant make any throws.

KB21 said:
I think McShay is ripping off some of my information! I've been saying, in the VIP area, that Chad Jackson was a definite target of the Dolphins for almost a month now. It's just now getting out there to the so called draft experts at other services.

LOL...following the College Skills Challenge and then backing it up in the combine, I posted in the "Ask Boomer" if we had any notion of using our #16 on the likes of Chad Jackson.

Both CK, and Boomer, stated that while you KB were high on him in the VIP, they both didnt like for favor it over a DB or DT.

Personally, I would love it....but can appreciate the belief that our 3rd down defense was horrendous last year, and if FA doesnt answer those questions it would be hard to take WR over them.

Thats why I am hoping we use FA on the D side to free up Saban come draft day. And so far outside of Culpepper and Shelton (QB and LT), we have gone hard on the D with LB and CB/S in FA. Hopefully we get a top OLB, DT/NT, and maybe another DB in FA and have the ability to grab Chad to really fill our Offensive Skill position players for years to come.

finsfan_84 said:
i would love jackson also, but we have to fix our secondary in the offseason, aka NOW in order to then get a wr

all im askin for is a vet who can still play, one player who id love is ty law get him resign shulters and our D will be decent, but who cares our O will be POTENT

there is a ton of time to fix our secondary, more players will be cut also. Ty law is interested in playing here thats for sure, hes already stated that and that was before the DCulpepper trade. I would like to see Arrington signed soon myself. Our offense should be very good this year.

shouright said:
Here's what I posted in VIP about why Jackson is the right pick for us:

1) This is a vertical offense without a "vertical" receiver right now. Chambers is in the possession role and probably won't be moving from there after his first pro-bowl season. Even if Chambers is moved to the downfield role, I question his speed. He ran a 4.31 at his pro day on the Wisconsin track that just elevated Brian Calhoun's 40 time from the 4.6 range (at the combine) to the 4.4 range, and that means Chambers could be a 4.5 guy in 4.3 guy's clothing. This offense requires a bona fide 4.3 guy, and Jackson is it.

2) Jackson would provide the speed on the outside that would allow us to create potentially the biggest mismatch on offense we could possibly create: Chris Chambers on a nickel/slot corner with Daunte Culpepper throwing to him. Jackson and Booker are outside, Chambers is in the slot, where he was very effective as a rookie. You thought Wes Welker made some plays? Wait till you see Chris Chambers matched up on a nickel/slot corner catching passes from Daunte Culpepper.... :chuckle:

(And by the way, Steve Spurrier made a career out of matching good WR talent up against inferior corner talent.)

3) If you're gonna trade a #2 for Daunte Culpepper, give him the weapons he needs on the field to make use of his unique strengths, which are his strength and accuracy with the deep ball. Jackson ran a bona fide 4.32 at the combine, and he's big and strong enough to take NFL hits and keep on truckin', unlike the Sinorice Mosses of the world.

4) The biggest drop-off in talent/value after the top-tier guys in the draft this year is at WR. If we don't get Jackson or Santonio Holmes, there's nobody left who can create the kind of impact they can (see the end of point #3).

5) Saban appears to be trying to plug all of our holes through agency so that he can draft who he wants in the 1st. Where won't he be able to plug a hole in free agency? Wide receiver. There's nobody out there this year.

And that's all I got to say about that.... :wink:

I dont understand how you say chambers is our possesion guy. Chambers is already our downfield threat as that is where he does the most damage and will continue to be the most dangerous. I like Chad Jackson alot and i saw him play alot as i am a student at UF, but at the same time i dont like to discredit A guy like chambers as he is a perfect reciever to play along with Daunte. I think jackson is an option but i think we take a guy in the secondary first off if there is one of value, Tye Hill should be around there and i think he would be a real nice pick. If a guy like Huff falls to us, it becomes a no-brainer imo that he is our guy. Long shot though.

vanquenton said:
I thought Miami signed or was going to sign Kelly Cambpell to be the downfield threat?

If we sign cambpell it will be more for punt returner than anything else. He would be our 3rd/4th reciever if that.

Back
Top Bottom