New Mock Draft for Fins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New Mock Draft for Fins

I meant, there is no way 8 recievers go in the 1st Round.

Originally posted by Phinsdude
If we had a second or something, I take Chris Gamble. There is no way 8 recievers go in the 2nd round. And do you know how good he would be, behind 2 stars. He is worth drafting. I also remember how many draft picks the Dolphins have wasted on O-line. Go through the list from 1999 up, see how many O-lineman we have drafted, and how many have been productive for us. Another sleeper, a hometown boy, Mo Sykes, UM. He's a player.

Well that was my whole point. We keep trying to build the O Line through later round picks and free agency. The highest rated talent are in the first couple of rounds. When we have gone after the top lineman we have gotten some great players.

I listed Ahmad Brooks b/c he is listed at NFL.com's draft site and I would assume if hes there then he declared thanks to the clarrett ruling.

Wait did i miss something...since wen did we get 2 second rounders??

We're doing a hypo where the team gets a 1st or a 2nd and a 3rd from somebody for Wale. The first would get turned into 2nd and 3rd, then the two thirds the team would have would turn into a second 2nd.

Just roll with it. ;)

Originally posted by Boomer
*Ben Watson - Despite having McMichael and the excellent blocking of Donald Lee, it's hard to turn your nose up at Watson's package of skills that include a Georgia Pro Day 40 time of 4.41. Raw, but upside is untapped. A bigger Keith Jackson.

a TE witht 4.4 speed ??? :eek:

Ran a 4.41 at 255lbs.

Why would we draft Chris Gamble? We have three corners and are likely to bring T-Buck back for 4?

Randy Starks is my choice. 20 year old pass rushing DT.

Originally posted by Boomer
Ran a 4.41 at 255lbs.

Why would we draft Chris Gamble? We have three corners and are likely to bring T-Buck back for 4?
I think our guy up there is still thinking of Gamble as a reciever,which he was until last year. Hes pretty much a full time corner now. :cool:

Very much a full time CB.

Jaj - Starks would be a wonderful pick for Miami. No pressure for him to start straight away. Great pick.

I think Vilma would be a nice choice, I've watched him time and time again at Miami and this guy gets off blocks extremely well is always in position to make the tackle. He is going to be better than D.J. who by all means is bigger, but has trouble getting off blocks and isn't nearly as instictive as Vilma. Here's my list if I'm the Dolphins going overall for the BPA at 20.
1. Rivers (Of course he's the best player available at 20, then we can get rid of one of the Jew QB's we have on the roster, no offense to Jews)
2. Vilma (Reasons above)
3. Wilfork (Huge run stopper, has quick feet for a man his size, and always finds a way to get in the backfield)
4. Reggie Williams (This guy is the real deal, not a huge need for the Dolphins though, with Tolver, Simmons, and Thompson)
5. Andrews (Although I don't agree at all that he is worthy of a 20 pick at nearly 410 lbs, think Aaron Gibson clone, lacks pass protection skills, this is where he should be on the Dolphins board despite the negatives)
6. Woods (Seems to have all the tools to become a great WR in this league, once again not a huge area of concern but worthy of a 20 pick for sure if he falls).
7. Smiley (Excellent Guard more polished than Snee, too high of a pick to have him here, but trading down and selecting him is the best (safest) bet if we're going O-Line).

Originally posted by caneproud117
I think Vilma would be a nice choice, I've watched him time and time again at Miami and this guy gets off blocks extremely well is always in position to make the tackle. He is going to be better than D.J. who by all means is bigger, but has trouble getting off blocks and isn't nearly as instictive as Vilma. Here's my list if I'm the Dolphins going overall for the BPA at 20.
1. Rivers (Of course he's the best player available at 20, then we can get rid of one of the Jew QB's we have on the roster, no offense to Jews)
2. Vilma (Reasons above)
3. Wilfork (Huge run stopper, has quick feet for a man his size, and always finds a way to get in the backfield)
4. Reggie Williams (This guy is the real deal, not a huge need for the Dolphins though, with Tolver, Simmons, and Thompson)
5. Andrews (Although I don't agree at all that he is worthy of a 20 pick at nearly 410 lbs, think Aaron Gibson clone, lacks pass protection skills, this is where he should be on the Dolphins board despite the negatives)
6. Woods (Seems to have all the tools to become a great WR in this league, once again not a huge area of concern but worthy of a 20 pick for sure if he falls).
7. Smiley (Excellent Guard more polished than Snee, too high of a pick to have him here, but trading down and selecting him is the best (safest) bet if we're going O-Line).

Rivers isn't happening
Vilma, if there, has to be a strong possibility.
Wilfork will likely be off the board, but has consistency issues for me and is coming off a pretty average senior campaign.
Andrews isn't 410lbs. He was 402lbs after an operation on his nasal cavity that hindered his breathing. He was 364 at the Combine.
Reggie Williams is too similar to what we have in Chambers and Boston - would have been a hard pick to turn down before Boston.
Woods - if he falls? - He's value at 20, but again, his size is similar to what we have.
Smiley - solid choice.

Rivers isn't happening because he's too good. He'll be selected before we pick, we both agree on that. But at 20 if he falls would be the overall best player available.

Well, you don't know who else may have fallen.

Top 8 are usually set in stone, there may be a slight difference where in the top 8 they go but they will be gone before 10 for sure. After that I see no better pick than Rivers at 20, including Andrews, Wilfork, Vilma, and Starks.

Back
Top Bottom