New Mock Draft for Fins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New Mock Draft for Fins

Starks is the best pick possible if Wilfork is not there as he won't get past the Bengals at pick 17.

I like Starks but he is not the BPA at 20, excellent quickness, but I think Wilfork will be a better pro.

How do you know he's not the best player available at 20 as you don't know what's happened from picks 1-19???!!!

Well no I'm definitely considering that Wilfork is gone. Cinncy will snatch him if he is there at 17.

I would imagine that the Patriots, especially after the rather average workouts of the running backs and the possibility of having to pay what I think is 7 1st day picks, may move up to get ahead of Cincinatti to ink Wilfork.

Guys Guys Guys, I meant Jenkins at reciever, not Gamble. With them both being from Ohio, I got them mixed up. I just feel that with an OSU reciever, learning from one of if not the Best OSU reciever of all time, David Boston would become a mentor figure, thus turning both his game around, mentally, and helping out a rookie, who could be a solid 3.

Boomer, I definitely believe NE will move up in this draft and get a star quality player. (which sucks btw)

I'm a fan of Starks and have been all year. I don't see the clamoring for this many o-lineman to be picked. By my count we'll keep at the most 9 OL.

Wade Smith, Jeno James, Seth McKin, Taylor Whitley, Billy Yates, St. Clair, Greg Jerman, McIntosh (if he plays this year)

That's 8 right there, so if we sign a vet like many believe we will that means we cut one guy from this list that has a lot of potential for another guy who is all potential. Doesn't make alot of sense to me.

I see only on OL taken, and even see a scenario where no OL get taken if we plan on signing another OL.

Hey Boomer,
Could you give us your opinions on the OLB's in this draft. Thanks.

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG
Boomer, I definitely believe NE will move up in this draft and get a star quality player. (which sucks btw)

I'm a fan of Starks and have been all year. I don't see the clamoring for this many o-lineman to be picked. By my count we'll keep at the most 9 OL.

Wade Smith, Jeno James, Seth McKin, Taylor Whitley, Billy Yates, St. Clair, Greg Jerman, McIntosh (if he plays this year)

That's 8 right there, so if we sign a vet like many believe we will that means we cut one guy from this list that has a lot of potential for another guy who is all potential. Doesn't make alot of sense to me.

I see only on OL taken, and even see a scenario where no OL get taken if we plan on signing another OL.

Actually according to the roster we already have 12 lineman. Four of them, I didn't even realize we had. It may work out fine but I think RG is still a big ? especially if McKinney is our starting center. I don't know that Whitley has played a down yet. St. Clair may have to play RT for at least part of the season. Jerman is listed as a T but can he play G. That leave Yates and the 4 that I just found out we had...

One more thing Boomer, What do you think of DE Claude Harriott. i think he fits the Fins system of athletic, speedy players and had good numbers.

1.) Arizona (From SD for a thrid) - Larry Fitz
2.) Oakland - Mike Williams
3.) SD (From Arizona) - Eli Manning (Have to pick here no one to move down with that needs a QB except Pitt, which will not want to move up)
4.) NYG - Gallery (Their OL was horrible last year)
5.) Cleveland (From Washington for a third) - Taylor (they really need help defensively and he is the best impact defender in the draft, although staying at 7 and picking Kellen Winslow would help their O out greatly).
6.) Detroit - Kellen Winslow (They have to get more weapons for Harrington to throw to and this is the guy).
7.) Washington (From Cleveland) - Udeze (Most dominating DE in the draft could make that WSH passrun much improved)
8.) Atlanta - Roy Williams (Vick needs a play making WR they are going to get one of them this draft).
9.) Jacksonville - Reggie Williams (Jacksonville has the same problem Atlanta does with WR, they most likely go WR with this pick)
10.) Houston - Dunta Robinson (Houston needs a proven CB to step up and Hall is too risky of a pick right here, look for Houston to go CB or DT with their pick)
11.) Pittsburg - Ben Roethlisberger (Pittsburg plays it's cards right and lands Ben, could also choose Rivers over Ben which some people believe is on the Pitt board but I'm sceptical that they choose Rivers.)
12.) Jets - Deangello Hall (Jets need real help at CB and Hall is a good one, still raw but has great upside and excellent speed).
13.) Buffalo - Vince Wilfork (Bills need help stopping the run, they had trouble with it all year last year and this is the guy to do it)
14.) Chicago - Tommy Harris (Look for Chicago to go D-Line with this pick if they don't trade it to the Phins, I'm willing to bet they won't part with it).
15.) Tampa Bay - Steven Jackson (Look for Tampa to use this pick on a RB or could even go O-Line)
16.) San Francisco - Shawn Andrews (San Fran had trouble last year with the O-Line look for them to improve that area or go WR to fill the void left by TO like a Lee Evans).
17.) Cincinnati - Will Poole (Cinci has problems in the secondary and depth problems at LB, could go either way).
18.) New Orleans - Will Smith (NO has problems in the secondary also but with the top 3 CB gone it will look to Smith)
19.) Minnesota - Jonathan Vilma (Minnesota doesn't have the real inside presence it's been lacking for a long time, this is the guy).
20.) Miami - Now we get to Miami with the options of Rivers, Tommy Harris, Lee Evans, Michael Clayton, DJ Williams, Vernon Carey, and Rashaun Woods. Miami takes... drum roll please.... Igor Olshansky haha. No but seriously, who should we take in this scenerio? I want everyone's opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
At that point Tommy Harris.

I wouldn't mind a Tommy Harris pick, that's the only other guy I see us going with besides Rivers in that senerio, I would hate the FO for not picking Rivers though.

Suppose Harris is taken instead of Starks in Chicago, would you take Starks over Rivers?

At that point Harris because he would be an awesome DE opposite JT, that is if Wally goes. Though if the FO don't project him as a DE, he is too small to play DT in our system.

DJ Williams is the kinda player that Wanny would like. Quick, solid, Defense.

It is so hard to look past Rivers though. Who knows? if we draft Rivers then we could carry 4 Qb's next year

Feeley
Fiedler
Sage

and Rivers sits out completely

Back
Top Bottom