New Needs Assessment (post-Poole) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New Needs Assessment (post-Poole)

If Howard were so good he would have gotten more playing time last year. I'm not that upset about losing Poole since I didn't think we were going deep into the playoffs this year anyway. I sure would have loved to see him develop. What a damn shame for the kid.

I just caution everyone from being overly optimistic about this year. There are many good things happening, but it won't be enough to make us playoff worthy. So long as we're making progress. We'll need a least two years to right this ship. Wanny did a great deal of damage. It's hard to correct that with one draft.

jguig said:
If Howard were so good he would have gotten more playing time last year. I'm not that upset about losing Poole since I didn't think we were going deep into the playoffs this year anyway. I sure would have loved to see him develop. What a damn shame for the kid.

I just caution everyone from being overly optimistic about this year. There are many good things happening, but it won't be enough to make us playoff worthy. So long as we're making progress. We'll need a least two years to right this ship. Wanny did a great deal of damage. It's hard to correct that with one draft.
I still think there's no reason we shouldn't go 8-8 unless Poole's injury is a harbinger of what's to come.

Dolfan1000 said:
We are screwed!?!?

:lol:

You live in Buffalo!!!

And I love it, so looks like the jokes on you. :cooldude:

jguig said:

This, I agree with.

zevo said:
you guys r screwed! :cooldude:

Brett Favre was streaky and mediocre his first few years as a starter. So I guess we won't be having to worry about the Bills for another 2 years.

byroan said:
Howard isn't starting quality? He started for the Panthers when they went to the SB. He is a good corner, the only reason he didn't play well last season was because he was being used as a nickel corner and it's not the same as playing outside.

Surtain played the slot position in our nickel and dime defenses last year...Howard was on the outside most of the time...Although i think he'll be ok with more zones mixed n this year. He didn;t seem that great at press/ man to man

jguig said:

How much playing time did u expect him to get wit Sam madison and Pat Surtain ahead of him??

dolfan72734me said:
And my grandmothercan kick his a$$, then again, she is 6'2", 240, and drives a Mack truck for a living...

Does she run a 4.5 40?

Even though Freddy Mitchell is a loud mouth, :evil: he has the potential to be a good slot reciever#3. If we could get him for the minimum with incentives, I would pick him up.:evil:

Back
Top Bottom