New Needs Assessment (post-Poole) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New Needs Assessment (post-Poole)

DannyNoonan said:
Mid-May needs:

1. FS: still need a viable starter here (Tillman & Bell are good back-ups)
2. CB: Madison is very good; Howard, Edwards and Daniels are solid depth but not starter quality
3. WR: still need a solid #3 to play the slot and back-up in case Booker or Chambers get injured
4. LB: need some depth with size

i would say thats true.

but i dout others here think the same.

byroan said:
Howard isn't starting quality? He started for the Panthers when they went to the SB. He is a good corner, the only reason he didn't play well last season was because he was being used as a nickel corner and it's not the same as playing outside.

Howard got benched midway through the season and replaced by Ricky manning Jr. I believe. I will check but I thought manning took over because he was a better man 2 man cover guy.

DreamWeaver said:
So are you guys! Rookie QB's suck & don't give me Rothlisberger 'cuz Losman's not even close!:lol:

i would say rothlisberger isnt even close to "rothlisberger".

he throws for 120 yards and a TD, while his teams D dominates, and their running game dominates, and everyone starts talkin like big ben is the mvp.

im not saying we bills will have as good a season as the stealers. and im not saying JP will get all the hype rothlesburger got..

im just saying, our run game and D are our strengths. we wont ask JP to win the game for use with 350 yards and 4 TDs... (or atleast thats the plan.)

if he just limits his mistakes, we will be just fine.....

the fins are saying the same about AJ. just limit the mistakes, and hope defense and the running game will get the wins.

DannyNoonan said:
Mid-May needs:

1. FS: still need a viable starter here (Tillman & Bell are good back-ups)
2. CB: Madison is very good; Howard, Edwards and Daniels are solid depth but not starter quality
3. WR: still need a solid #3 to play the slot and back-up in case Booker or Chambers get injured
4. LB: need some depth with size

so far fin fans think they need improvement/help at:

FS, CB, WR, LB, C, OL, QB,

but you also think the fins will go 10-6....

:huh:

prolific said:
Howard got benched midway through the season and replaced by Ricky manning Jr. I believe. I will check but I thought manning took over because he was a better man 2 man cover guy.

Every game I watched, Howard was a starter. Howard even started in the SB. I think Ricky Manning started opposite of Howard at corner.

dolfan348454999 said:
There is no need at LB. If anything it is one of the stronger positions on the team.

I didn't think so either, but Saban named it himself as an area where we might pick up some additional help. Perhaps the smaller LBs of the JJ-Wanny era do not work so well in Saban scheme. If that's the case, that Eddie Moore pick a couple of years ago is really looking worse, especially considering Boldin was being considered instead.

Bigger LBs: Seau, Crowder, Spragan (and JT, Roth, and David Bowens if you believe they'll be viable OLBs in a 3-4)

Smaller LBs: Thomas, Moore, Jenkins, Pope, Ayanbadejo

Seems like we might be fine, except Saban mentioned still needing help at LB for depth specifically.

I have something to say that I am going to catch a lot of flack for. I think AJ looks a whole hell of a lot more like Brett Favre than JP Losman. AJ went to war with one of the all time worst o-lines in history, not to mention running games. Sure he had some bad interceptions, that should be expected. He knew the only way we had a chance to win ballgames last season was to gamble, sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't.

From what I've observed is this JP Losman kid has a bad temper and falls apart when things aren't going his way. I saw him and Phillip Rivers in the Senior Bowl as co-starters. Phillip Rivers made him look REALLY bad, no offese to Bills fans, but it is gonna be a long season for you folks. Looking a the Fins scedule, the only games I look forward to with confidence we will win is against the bills.

I think Bell will be fine at FS if he can stay healthy. Thompson is fine as the 3rd WR, and I dont think we need to add more LB depth at all.

The more I've been thinking about the Poole thing, the better I'm feeling. Why?? Saban's forte is in creating DB's. He made Webster and Daniels into CB's. (They were wideouts). During minicamp, he was looking to transform players into CB's. With what we've got, he'll make something good out of it.

Back
Top Bottom