New News on FRED TAYLOR... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New News on FRED TAYLOR...

LOL

Don't mind me...I'm just laughing at myself .....

I feel like I'm starting a crusade for this player but I think this guy has the tools and is totally underrated right now....

I've put this in other threads numerous of times but nobody has yet to reply to it. I still think this is our best scenario because we will get more bang for our buck if we do this.

Instead of everybody falling in love with the idea of Ricky Williams or Fred Taylor in our backfield (don't get me wrong because I'm infatuated with the idea also) and have to worry about shelling out big money contracts that will put strain on our cap situation down the stretch for one of them, why don't we acquire (here I go again fellas) MICHAEL PITTMAN, and then draft a RB in the first round. All mock drafts I've seen (and I've seen a lot) have DESHAUN FOSTER still available when the Fins come up on the clock.

PITTMAN is a RB that hits the holes fast and hard, is a load to bring down and is a great receiver out of the backfield. I've seen PITTMAN play quite a bit and I'm impressed with his skills. Lamar Smith can't compare to him and PITTMAN is only 24 or 25 years old (I think).

Why I think its a great scenrio for us? Because with the skills he possess, he can be had for less than a million per year (or a little over, depending on the demand). His stats are deceiving because the Cardinals have been trying to give Thomas Jones every opportunity to win the position that PITTMAN keeps beating him out for.

If we could end up with Michael Pittman, DeShaun Foster and Travis Minor as our halfbacks. Invest the bulk of our money into the offensive and defensive line during free agency and the draft, then draft for depth on both lines and and LB, then the Fins will be serious contenders for next year's Super Bowl. The kind of contenders that nobody will take seriously until the middle of the season and by the time the league notices, it will be too late, because the team will be steam rolling by then.:D

FRED TAYLOR!!

Some of you people are smoking crack, the others I agree with. If Fred Taylor were to stay healthy he would easily get 1600 yards a season!! He has all the tools, he can pick up blocks, he's faster than hell, he has the quickest accleration I have ever seen since Barry Sanders, AND he can catch the damn ball!! AND HE DOESN'T FUMBLE AS BAD AS WILLIAMS DOES!! I like Ricky Williams, BUT if Fred were to stay healthy, HE's Da Shiznit!!

Ricky Williams fumbles because he wants out of New Orleans.The handwriting is on the wall.How can you fumble 3 times in one game especially its your last one of the season.The coaches there will remember those fumbles all off season and be that much more willing to trade him.I say get Williams and forget the draft on a RB.You can have so many busts when it comes to targeting a draft pick.Ricky is no bust.Do what it takes and be smart about it and lets get this team where they deserve to be in the SB

Originally posted by MarSly
.How can you fumble 3 times in one game especially its your last one of the season.The coaches there will remember those fumbles all off season and be that much more willing to trade him.

Or, he has a propensity to fumble when his head isnt in the game. Which might be his real problem. And that could be the reason the coaches will be more willing. Time will tell, if he goes to another team and fumbles or not.

BB:)

Finatical, thats about the best idea I've heard so far(Outside of the Ricky/Fred fairytale). Pittman is the kind of back that J.J.Johnson was supposed to be, with way more vision. He hits the hole with authority,he's fearless, and has breakaway speed. Out of the backfield, I dont see a linebacker covering him on pass routes, and his price has got to be right! I didnt know Pittman was an option, thats something the Dolphins should explore before dishing out major cash. That would allow them to fully research revamping the O-line. The whole scenario sounds appealing enough. Lets just hope the Dolphin braintrust visions something similiar! Good one 4 sho!

What's up with NFLPA.org??

I used to use it all the time. Then all of the sudden the search engine would not work for me. Went on for months.....until today. Hmmm.....

Re: Why not?

Originally posted by booyeah_
Why not take a risk Tshimanga Biakabutuka? I know he had injury problems in Carolina (Like Fred taylor didn't have some in Jacksonville), but when healthy he had a 5.2 yard per carry. He will be cut soon. If he is cheap, why not sign him?

http://nfl.kffl.com/teams/players/BIAKABUTUKATIMCARRB.shtml

Biakabatuka sucks. He was one of the worst draft picks ever.

Re: just what we need!

Originally posted by dolfan06
another brian cox!:yell:

Thanks FinFan4Life!

Yeah, I remember hearing about that last July. It was a domestic dispute with his fiancee (I think). He missed part of the preseason to take care of that issue (which he did) . He played the whole season with no more problems and still Thomas Jones (who was the second back taken in the draft two years ago) still couldn't beat him out. That situation is behind him now (he's young).

THIS KID IS WORTH LOOKING INTO!

I really believe this is the way to go everyone.

Back
Top Bottom