New News on FRED TAYLOR... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New News on FRED TAYLOR...

Here is the latest on FRED TAYLOR
Trade for Jaguars’ Taylor a possibility

By Alex Marvez
Sun-Sentinel
Posted February 21 2002

DAVIE -- While the Dolphins remain interested in New Orleans running back Ricky Williams, an NFL source said Thursday both teams remain far apart in negotiations and that a trade for Jacksonville running back Fred Taylor is a more likely possibility.

The Dolphins believe the Saints are asking too much for Williams, who is on the trading block despite two consecutive 1,000-yard rushing seasons. The Dolphins are unwilling to swap their first- and third-round draft picks for Williams, which is the believed asking price, and don’t have a second-round selection to offer. The Dolphins traded that choice to Philadelphia during last April’s draft as part of a deal to select strong-side linebacker Morlon Greenwood in the third round.

a 1st&3rd isn't that bad...............

when you look at it, all our good picks come in the late rounds anyway!:rolleyes:

A 1st and 3rd wouldnt be bad if we had a 2nd! To give up a 1st and 3rd and not have a second would be............. simply put.......... stupid!

Re: and i suppose fletcher.............

Originally posted by dolfan06
and avery and etc................were shear genius!:rolleyes:

Why does everybody put down Fletcher and assume he is a bust? Did you expect a rookie cornerback who missed training camp, and had injury problems to just come in and knock Sam Madison out the lineup?

agreed - Fletcher still has this season to prove he was not bust. Sam and Pat was only slightly more productive their rookie year :)

Re: Re: and i suppose fletcher.............

Originally posted by booyeah_

Why does everybody put down Fletcher and assume he is a bust? Did you expect a rookie cornerback who missed training camp, and had injury problems to just come in and knock Sam Madison out the lineup?
nobody is putting down fletcher, they paid him the big bucks because they think he can do the job, so what is the difference if they give a #1 and a #3 for somebody they KNOW can do the job!;)

there was only 1 player that you knew would do their job on the fins in 2001 and that was Mare

though Sam, Zach and JT were pretty good... :D

other than those 4 the rest were inconsistent like a certain RB from NO. Maybe a #3 this year and #2 next year ;)

Re: Re: Re: and i suppose fletcher.............

Originally posted by dolfan06
nobody is putting down fletcher, they paid him the big bucks because they think he can do the job, so what is the difference if they give a #1 and a #3 for somebody they KNOW can do the job!;)

I've seen posts from this board and others of people criticizing Dave Wannstedt for selecting Fletcher and declaring Fletcher a bust.

Fletcher's Not a Bust....Yet

I agree with 06 that Fletcher still needs another year to prove himself. In the end I believe that he may be a good CB but I still question picking him up in the first place when they had Cousin and Kelly- who was a decent corner with a bit of an attitude- sitting on the bench. That pick probably would have been better spent elsewhere regardless of how good Fletcher turns out to be. :confused:

I'm just beginning to think that the 'Fins just shouldn't draft in the first round anymore. Recent history has shown that they seem to be able to pick up some real quality talent in the later rounds but in the first they constantly flounder. That's one of the reasons that I'm all for picking up Williams. If they can postpone giving up the third rounder until next year, or package a lower round pick this year with the first, and a low rounder next year, I think RW would be an awesome pick up. We'll see how it goes though, we should know more by next week.:band:

:jumper:

Wow, this is becoming the forum for people to have avatars of fake sports. Figure skating, and now Nascar. Nascar is just driving cars around a circle, it is not a sport at all. As for Fletcher, he was a wasted pick, bust or not a bust.

IF he comes on strong this year than he might not be a bust cause that will give us trading bait or allow us to get out of Pats huge contract. Im not bashing Pat at all just how much he gets paid.

Back
Top Bottom