New Stadium Website | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New Stadium Website

Remember when everyone had an overwhelming knee-jerk reaction when the plans first came out?

Good times.

I thought it was cool up until I got the call that my 4 season tickets on the 42 yard line were going from $125 a seat to over $1000 a seat and they took away a home game this year. Guess I'll be watching from home this year. Thanks Dolphins!

I know several people personally that have had their seats since the 70's that they're turning into The Living Room. This is not going to go over well.

Looks cool.I wonder if the roof will accentuate the crowd noise? (I know they moved the seats 25 ft closer)

Supposedly that's what the gist of the roof design (unlike a full, domed roof) is to impart...noise from the crowd reverberating back down to the field (once we starting generating some noise, that is)... :chuckle:

I thought it was cool up until I got the call that my 4 season tickets on the 42 yard line were going from $125 a seat to over $1000 a seat and they took away a home game this year. Guess I'll be watching from home this year. Thanks Dolphins!

I know several people personally that have had their seats since the 70's that they're turning into The Living Room. This is not going to go over well.

That stinks. They should have at least grand fathered in the old prices for long time season ticket holder maybe with a smaller increase for the next few years .

That seems to be one of the drawbacks to the new plans. it is a shame that long standing season ticket holders have to be penalized for the new luxury section. Seems like they should be something they could do better than - here's your, seats pay up or get lost.

Most fans will appreciate the new seats at the modernized Sun Life Stadium. The 28-year-old facility will have an even fresher look in 2016 when a new canopy rises to protect fans from rain and sun.

But season ticket holders who occupy seats purchased for the Dolphins’ inaugural season in 1966 will face a dilemma when they begin selecting seats on Monday. Unless they want to spend tens of thousands of dollars a season, they’re being forced to move from the only seat they’ve ever known to make room for new luxury seating.

“They’re displacing the average Joe who’s been supporting them forever in favor of somebody who’s wealthier with deep pockets,” said Dale Mills, who’s part of a group of original season ticket holders.

Mills, like many of the original members, has been sitting at the 50-yard line in the south, shaded side of the stadium since the expansion season at the Orange Bowl. When the Dolphins moved to Miami Gardens in 1987, they were given similar seats in front of the Dolphins’ bench.

This time it’s different. The Dolphins are turning the prime seats in to a luxury section called the ‘72 Club. A ticket for a midfield seat is rising from $125 to $1,000. That’s $10,000 for a season ticket, which includes eight regular games and two exhibitions.
Season ticket holders will select their seats based on seniority, so the original members will have first dibs at any seat.

Realistically, the Dolphins are targeting a different clientele for the most sought-after sections in the stadium. But not everyone believes that’s bad.

Drew Rosenhaus, a Miami-based mega-agent, said he remembers when sky boxes and luxury suites were introduced and fans thought they were unnecessary. Now, it’s a regular part of every stadium.

“I like this idea,” Rosenhaus said. “I think it’ll be a lot of corporations and companies that (purchase the sky boxes and suites). I don’t think your average fan is going to pay $75,000 to sit in that environment. But people who want that type of unique setup, to entertain people, I believe they’ll do it. And I believe it’ll be a hit.”

For season ticket holders who want to remain at midfield but can’t afford the luxury seats, the Dolphins are keeping tickets at $125 on the north side of the stadium.

That means moving to the visitors side of the field that will be sunny for much of the season even when the canopy is installed. The Dolphins are padding those seats and adding an air-conditioned lounge under the seats to entice fans.
Jeremy Walls, the Dolphins’ senior vice president and chief revenue officer, said the stadium will have better air flow because the corner upper deck sections are being removed, reducing the overall capacity by 10,000 to 66,000. That should give the sunny seats more of a breeze, he said.

The fans might be protected from rainfall depending on which way the wind is blowing.

There’s also the option for long-time season ticket holders to stay on the shady side and move closer to the 20-yard line. All of the upper deck seats will be shielded from the sun.
http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news...pbpstubtomypbp_launch#604d09f7.3454205.735646

Back
Top Bottom