New Stories Negating Gase Starting To Appear | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New Stories Negating Gase Starting To Appear

I don't typically put much stock in stories bashing the recently departed -- that's just what this team does -- but in this case, it's clear that something was very, very wrong in the building.

I don't think it was all on Gase, but it's clear that things got to the breaking point with a lot of folks.

I would take anything Stills says with a grain of salt, he seems to be in the middle of everything, but if it is true that Gore and Wake felt that way, I am glad Gase is gone. Those 2 have proven themselves to be professional veterans.

Reactions: JUN
Well. I didn't know players don't like him so much but not surprised...

Frank Gore has always been a true professional, ive noticed since early in the year on the sidelines Gore's body language and facial expressions he didnt look like he was happy. I had an odd feeling it was with how Gase was using him and the offense.

Last edited:
If it were any other player besides Wake id brush it off. If Wake is complaining then you know there was something seriously wrong, that dude has never said a bad word about any of our coaches and always just showed up and played
Exactly what I was thinking. I think theres a lot more to it than we are ever going to hear too

Bunch of mentally soft babies down there in Miami who will no doubt turn on the next coach too, I’m certain of it.

This has been going on for a long time.

I don’t know if it’s something in the water or if it’s a byproduct of the South Beach lifestyle but the players come across as weak to me, even somewhat cowardly.

Respected old players like Gore and Wake aside, who might just be fighting for their football mortality in the midst of retirement are one thing, the rest are simply trying to save face and are deflecting blame and are not credible, IMO.

Gase could for all I know be highly combative and unlikeable but this issue is not a new one and will continue until the players take personal responsibility for their actions.

Unfortunately, I don’t see that happening anytime soon.

The athletes today are just different.

Bunch of mentally soft babies down there in Miami who will no doubt turn on the next coach too, I’m certain of it.

I don’t know if it’s something in the water or if it’s a byproduct of the South Beach lifestyle but the players come across as weak to me, even somewhat cowardly.

Respected old players like Gore and Wake aside, who might just be fighting for their football mortality in the midst of retirement are one thing, the rest are simply trying to save face and are deflecting blame and are not credible, IMO.

Gase could for all I know be highly combative and unlikeable but this issue is not a new one and will continue until the players take personal responsibility for their actions.

The more that comes out the more it's being said is that the players were fine with Gase but once things got bad Gase didnt want to adjust/didnt know how to. Now was some of the issues of personnel? Yeah but the feeling from some players seem to be that Gase hung some people out to dry

I really don’t think this is the case. There’s a saying: “If you run into an asshole in the morning, you got unlucky and ran into an asshole. But if all you do is run into assholes all day, you’re the asshole.”

I think some of this is a bigger generational reshuffling within our society, as well. The baby boomers have influenced society for so long, their departure from leadership is creating voids and opportunities for those behind them that have become tired of waiting.

Like an avalanche of held breath, it is not a single-file "now it is your turn" mentality that will be tolerated. Qualified or not, the generations behind the boomers are in an all out power seizing frenzy. The voids of leadership being created are bringing about a plethora of opportunities that are resulting in a microwave mentality of impatience.

For the most part, society is tired of hearing the same voice and will continually churn out new ones until it has exhausted its larger need for change.

We are in different times. Logic is not prevailing as much as the demand for constant change. Those below now have a voice and are continually being heard. This cycle will not end until the country as a whole has exhausted its pent up energy for change and collectively decides stability is the new order of the day.

Now, back to football.

This is why I've said over and over again that I have no respect for him and he's a total douchebag. Tannehill, for example, I want out hut totally hope he succeeds elsewhere. That's because hes a decent guy and a total warrior. I hopehope ends up somewhere in the FCS and is never heard from again.

Last edited:
I noticed a change in Gase in '17 when his old school, anachronistic FIL, Joe Vitt wormed his way into the organization as an "advisor." More recently, he's been on the payroll as "Director, Football & Player Development." No doubt he's been in Gase's ear since. Hope he's thrown out with the garbage.

Gase will always have problems until he does something about his ego. He seems to have a ridiculously high opinion of himself and will never admit he's wrong, it's not a good combination

Same could be said of Jim Harbaugh. See a pattern here?

I will say however, Jim seems to have become a little more moment-aware than in his past. I think he understands results are the only thing that's going to save his job now.

And believe it or not, he IS on the hot seat in Ann Arbor. If he loses to OSU without Meyer, Harbaugh is done.

Some jobs and their supporters (alumni, fans, etc) ARE bigger than any coach's ego they hire and that fact should never be ignored.

The more that comes out the more it's being said is that the players were fine with Gase but once things got bad Gase didnt want to adjust/didnt know how to. Now was some of the issues of personnel? Yeah but the feeling from some players seem to be that Gase hung some people out to dry

This jives with what I saw in our performance the last 3 weeks. Between week 15 in Minnesota to week 17 in Buffalo....we ran the same plays, same patterns and same schemes with no adjustments at all....and got the same results. I think the same thing occurred defensively as well.

Back
Top Bottom