New Uniform Officially Unveiled | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New Uniform Officially Unveiled

I don’t disagree. All of us original gangster Fins fans can appreciate the throwbacks.

Miami wants to market its team as a more modern rendition however and still pay homage to their past. If you ask the 25 and under demographic hey do you like the throwbacks or the new 2018 look better, I’m pretty sure a majority would prefer today’s sleek and modern approach.

It’s also why you probably enjoy Full Metal Jacket and Raging Bull, and the 25 and under demographic likes X Men 7 and Avengers 5.

It’s just different eras. At least we get the throwbacks twice a year, as we got nothing of the sort many years. Also remember that Miami’s primary 2018 uniform is light years better than many of the uniforms Miami has thrown out there in the course of their various seasons. It’s clean, it’s sharp and it’s sleek. Embrace the present!!

Makes perfect business sense too...can capture 2 market segments rather than just one.

I dig the new jerseys, even if I prefer the throwbacks above all and any...they look awesome. I don’t care much for the new logo, but if they’re hell bent on keeping it, I’m perfectly content that these are the unis accompanying them...the last ones sucked moose phallus...these look like the Dolphins again, and combined with the throwbacks, make it a top 5 look in the league, IMO.

Makes perfect business sense too...can capture 2 market segments rather than just one.

I dig the new jerseys, even if I prefer the throwbacks above all and any...they look awesome. I don’t care much for the new logo, but if they’re hell bent on keeping it, I’m perfectly content that these are the unis accompanying them...the last ones sucked moose phallus...these look like the Dolphins again, and combined with the throwbacks, make it a top 5 look in the league, IMO.
Also remember any uniform looks a hell of a lot better when the team is winning. The Colts looked horrible when losing year after year back in the day, then when they had Manning and won a Super Bowl the same uniform didn’t look so bad. It was suddenly epic in its history.

Buccaneers orange with the pirate? Same thing. The uniform looked terrible when they sucked. Packers looked better winning in the same uniform than they looked losing for a decade in it.

Miami wins and we will look a hell of a lot better.

I'm still on the fence about these. I didn't think getting rid of the navy strips and making the orange a bit bolder was enough of a change. Titans changed their helmet color to dark navy but their uniforms still suck. The Jags think they're the Steelers now with an all black helmet. When the new Dolphins uniforms were unveiled on twitter, lots of people couldn't tell what changed. The powder blue is a delightful beautiful color, but not for a football team and it's wildly inconsistent on TV.

tan.jpg tan1.jpg tan2.jpg

I'm still on the fence about these. I didn't think getting rid of the navy strips and making the orange a bit bolder was enough of a change. Titans changed their helmet color to dark navy but their uniforms still suck. The Jags think they're the Steelers now with an all black helmet. When the new Dolphins uniforms were unveiled on twitter, lots of people couldn't tell what changed. The powder blue is a delightful beautiful color, but not for a football team and it's wildly inconsistent on TV.

View attachment 12039 View attachment 12040 View attachment 12041
We all know that Miami upgraded their uniforms five seasons ago. What is NOT well known is that the new uniforms were produced in part with a special shading technology in which the fabrics go lighter or darker based on how much of a panty waste the QB is being in said game. The entire team’s uniforms are directly tied to the QB’s and will mirror this shade.

From the three pics, at top you have Tannehill playing lights out. Just a hell of a game. Middle picture shows Tannehill in a so so game. Here he has taken some sacks and has a few INTs and just can’t get the team into the end zone. Last pic, well, you have Jay Cutler.

Interesting observation brother Third Eye as long as your follow ups are about the unis not the QB's you mentioned. Plenty of QB threads if that's what you want to discuss or you could start one.

Interesting observation brother Third Eye as long as your follow ups are about the unis not the QB's you mentioned. Plenty of QB threads if that's what you want to discuss or you could start one.
Yes it was more of a comedy post about Cutler, relax we won’t go there. This is all about the uniforms!!

Just funny how cutlers jersey is the lightest in those three pics. Just had to do it.

Back
Top Bottom