New Uniform Officially Unveiled | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New Uniform Officially Unveiled

These guys can't go without posting the same nonsense in every thread. It gets old. It is fine if a fan doesn't like Tannehill and wants him replaced at QB but is just pointless to go into every thread to post negative comments about him when it really has nothing to do with the topic.

Now on topic. I like the changes to the uniform. Not major changes but darkening the orange makes them look more stylish
IMO. Can't wait to see them on the field.

No it doesn't effect actual winning. What it does effect is when people care about the uniform. If this team constantly won, like the Patriots, there wouldn't be a yearly uniform thread. But because this team doesn't win, that's about all there is to talk about and look forward to.
I’m sure there is a percentage of Patriot fans that prefer their old uniform. People buy jerseys and merchandise with the logo on it. It matters. If we won multiple Super Bowls, a percentage Dolphin fans would still prefer the throwbacks. Winning doesn’t mean that people will suddenly like the uniforms. I do think the new uniforms are a big improvement though.

I’m sure there is a percentage of Patriot fans that prefer their old uniform. People buy jerseys and merchandise with the logo on it. It matters. If we won multiple Super Bowls, a percentage Dolphin fans would still prefer the throwbacks. Winning doesn’t mean that people will suddenly like the uniforms. I do think the new uniforms are a big improvement though.

How dare you disagree.

When I was in Boston, I saw the red Pat Patriot one a lot of places...lots of Broncos fans I know prefer the Orange Crush ones, etc.

I don’t get the whole pissed offedness towards uniform threads...it’s the doldrums of the offseason...there’s not always a ton to talk about.

Look at those sweet *** black cleats. They sure would look good with the new unis.
]

Yeah buddy. The black cleats give a bit of toughness to Miami's look. I think they are the icing on the cake when it comes to the throwbacks. I'd love to see them as a staple of the new look.

]

Yeah buddy. The black cleats give a bit of toughness to Miami's look. I think they are the icing on the cake when it comes to the throwbacks. I'd love to see them as a staple of the new look.
I hear you on the black cleats, however with Miami’s modern look of white face mask and lighter aqua, it just doesn’t work. Especially when Miami chooses to go Storm Trooper with all white.

Save the black cleats for the throwback games.

Prepare for the “stop derailing threads” backlash. The gall of someone to make a RT reference completely unrelated to the thread subject!

You guys got your shots in. If there are more it will be derailing the discussion about unis so let's not go there.

I like the changes but would prefer a darker aqua myself.

Yes because we need the throwbacks FULL TIME. They're awesome.
I don’t disagree. All of us original gangster Fins fans can appreciate the throwbacks.

Miami wants to market its team as a more modern rendition however and still pay homage to their past. If you ask the 25 and under demographic hey do you like the throwbacks or the new 2018 look better, I’m pretty sure a majority would prefer today’s sleek and modern approach.

It’s also why you probably enjoy Full Metal Jacket and Raging Bull, and the 25 and under demographic likes X Men 7 and Avengers 5.

It’s just different eras. At least we get the throwbacks twice a year, as we got nothing of the sort many years. Also remember that Miami’s primary 2018 uniform is light years better than many of the uniforms Miami has thrown out there in the course of their various seasons. It’s clean, it’s sharp and it’s sleek. Embrace the present!!

I'm definitely buying a new white jersey with my name on it when it goes on sale (my Christmas/birthday gift to me). I'd rather not invest in a current player's name, since there's no guarantee they'll be here in three years. At least I know I won't be cut!

Back
Top Bottom