New York Knicks Denver Nuggets Fight!!! | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New York Knicks Denver Nuggets Fight!!!

DeathStar said:
9 point lead, 119-110 with 75 seconds left...the game wasn't over.

remember Tmac got like 14 points against the spurs in 30 seconds from a couple of years ago.

Uh, well, Denver won 123-100, so I dunno how it was a 9 pt game with 75 seconds left.

Denver was up 20 when the fight started.

Roman529 said:
My Sixers should have beaten your Spurs tonight Dre. :boohoo:

Hey man they're my Spurs too! :wink: Philly put up a great fight. I wouldnt give up on 'em yet man!

runningmanrw3-1.gif

melohedgehogpe4-1.jpg

Phinz4Life said:
I'm guilty of this in the past, but I've learned something.

The word thug is so overused it kills me. I'm not one to get into race, you you know what?

In the case of the NBA and sports in general...

White America uses the word "thug" against any black athlete under these kind of circumstances. I just don't see the word thug thrown around by other black people in these cases. Can't say thats the truth, being white, but damn does it seem like it.

A lot of white people just seem to plain hate the NBA.

I've seen so much uses of it "Thug-Life" and people saying the NBA is just a bunch of "thugs" running around. The NBA has a culture, and it may not be a culture you live, but that doesn't make it "thug."

A lot of those athletes in the NBA came up from terrible conditions, and what they live is their lifestyle.

You didn't live it, you don't know it all, so stop being all high and mighty.

I basically said the same thing in this thread...http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=172801.People need to stop trying to look down on people and help try bringing them up.No one man greater than the other.Good post BTW.

Anthony: 15 games
J.R. Smith/Nate Robinson: 10 games
Marty Collins: 6 games
Jarrod Jeffries: 4 games
Nene/Jerome James: 1 game

each time fined $500,000

ya know I saw some footage on ESPN from the fight and at one point I noticed a little kid weairng a Carmelo Anthony jersey. That kind of bothers me.

Dre3000 said:
I basically said the same thing in this thread...http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=172801.People need to stop trying to look down on people and help try bringing them up.No one man greater than the other.Good post BTW.

Appreciate it. I had a feeling I'd have to keep defending my stance but I got a lot of positive reactions from it.

The word is used so loosely it's sickening.

And because of this fight, I finally see that. ESPN, posters on this board, on the Knicks board I post at, people I talk to, family members, it's ridiculous.

I find it very similiar to the whole ordeal with college basketball and that one-year BS. Why should these kids be subjected to losing out on a multi-million dollar deal just so some college can make millions off them for a year?

Once again, a lot of those kids come from terrible backgrounds, and that pay-day is what they have dreamed about for years.

Theres a definate racial divide over thought with these two issues, and I've come to see it from both ways and understand the situation so much better.

It's the whole "until you lived in their shoes" thing. If you haven't, stop bitching.

SpurzN703 said:
Hey man they're my Spurs too! :wink: Philly put up a great fight. I wouldnt give up on 'em yet man!

The Spurs and Nuggets are probably my 2nd and 3rd favorite team...I used to watch their ABA games in the mid-1970's right before they joined the NBA.

Wow, 15 games off for Melo....he can maybe work on a rap album in his off time? :lol: I wonder if he will be losing 15 game checks? OUCH!!!! $500,000 per team is chump change though.

Rocky Raccoon said:
Anthony: 15 games
J.R. Smith/Nate Robinson: 10 games
Marty Collins: 6 games
Jarrod Jeffries: 4 games
Nene/Jerome James: 1 game

each time fined $500,000

Seems like my predictions are always wrong. I guess Stern suspended him the most to make an example out of him. Good for Stern!

melo is such a ***** tho....he thinks he's tough, but he's not

MikeO said:
3) I have LESS respect for both teams. Anyone who has new found respect for anyone after this is clueless!!
So to have a new found respect for 5'9/180 Nate Robinson who stood up against 6'6/220 J.R. Smith & 6'8/230 Carmelo Anthony makes you clueless? Man, I have nothing against you, but seriously, GTFOH with that. Again, nothing personal, but to call someone clueless for that is a damn shame. I respect Nate Robinson more today than I did a week ago. He pretty muched whooped on a guy who is almost a foot bigger than him. That's a shame.. J.R. Smith should probably consider suicide or playing with a paper bag over his face for the rest of his career. :lol:

& I hope that instead of learning his lesson, Melo thinks about all the negative things and becomes a more negative player on the court when he gets back. Just screw his entire career up - he is a DISGRACE to be discussed in the same breath as LeBron James & Dwyane Wade. I can't stand him.. never could, never will. Just another suburban kid who wishes he was from the hood. He's F-A-K-E.

This is the FIRST TIME I've ever backed up David Stern in my life. Props to him. **** Carmelo.

Phinz4Life said:
I'm guilty of this in the past, but I've learned something.

The word thug is so overused it kills me. I'm not one to get into race, you you know what?

In the case of the NBA and sports in general...

White America uses the word "thug" against any black athlete under these kind of circumstances. I just don't see the word thug thrown around by other black people in these cases. Can't say thats the truth, being white, but damn does it seem like it.

A lot of white people just seem to plain hate the NBA.

I've seen so much uses of it "Thug-Life" and people saying the NBA is just a bunch of "thugs" running around. The NBA has a culture, and it may not be a culture you live, but that doesn't make it "thug."

A lot of those athletes in the NBA came up from terrible conditions, and what they live is their lifestyle.

You didn't live it, you don't know it all, so stop being all high and mighty.
You are 110% correct. If a black player gets into something like this, he's a thug. If a white player does, he's got heart for standing up to someone who is bigger and stronger! I've always felt that way, but never said anything because some of the mods on here (notice I didn't say any names) are REALLY SENSITIVE.....:boohoo:

Yup, that's just how we're looked upon. We're either Uncle Tom's or thugs. Common America.

(please note that I'm not referring to anyone in particular, just in general with most)

Back
Top Bottom