New York Knicks Denver Nuggets Fight!!! | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New York Knicks Denver Nuggets Fight!!!

Beyond the sucker punches and sorry stunts at Madison Square Garden on Saturday came the most pathetic part of all for the NBA – Isiah Thomas whining about run-up scores and poor sportsmanship, like the once proud New York Knicks are nothing but a lowly college mid-major in need of mercy.
Just when you thought Zeke couldn't embarrass this franchise any worse, just when you thought he couldn't let down this city any more, just when you thought building and coaching a dog team wasn't enough, there is this: a whiny coach making excuses for dirty fouls and poser players.

Isiah Thomas isn't the only one in the wrong here. But his postgame press conference performance was the most disappointing, if telling, of them all. He blamed Denver's perceived running up of the score, complete with a highlight reel dunk, as simply too much for his humble guys to handle

Up 19 with a minute and a half to go, (Carmelo Anthony) and (Marcus) Camby really shouldn't be in the game," Thomas said. "We had surrendered. (Those) guys shouldn't even be in the game at that point."
Thomas is correct about this much. The Nuggets were brutalizing the Knicks on their home court, 119-100 with 1:15 remaining, making a mockery of Thomas' salary rich club. And yes, stars Anthony and Camby were still in the game, maybe even because Denver coach George Karl wanted to hit up Thomas for firing Larry Brown, Karl's old University of North Carolina buddy.
Whether or not Thomas told Mardy Collins to exact some revenge by tackling a breaking J.R. Smith around the neck is something Stern will decide. But Thomas may not have had to say anything. The boorish play might simply be Collins responding to his coach's unspoken outrage at the injustice of once again having his team get its *** kicked.
It's certainly telling that Collins did nearly the same thing – a late flagrant foul – in Indiana's beat down of the Knicks on Friday. So that's back-to-back flagrant fouls in back-to-back blowout losses for New York.
But those are Isiah's Knicks. This is on him. If he had an ounce of self-respect, he'd realize there is only one person to blame for this disaster and it isn't George Karl for his substitution pattern.
Instead, he went with some sad, victim routine.
"They were having their way with us," Thomas said. "I think J.R. Smith had just made one dunk when he reversed and spun in the air. And I think Mardy didn't want our home crowd to see that again. So he fouled him."
Said Nate Robinson: "It's like a slap in the face, saying we're going to embarrass you like that."
Boy, thank goodness the NBA has a coach and a player willing to stand up for sportsmanship like these two.
We know a respectful sort such as Robinson would never, ever show up an opponent by, say, bounce-passing a ball off the backboard to himself so he could dunk it. And we know if, say, such a thing happened on his watch, say Nov. 29 in Cleveland, Thomas would never, ever leave Robinson in the game like it was completely acceptable.
Of course not. Not these virtuous souls.

"If we're up 20 points, we're not going to play Stephon (Marbury) and Eddy (Curry)," Robinson said.
Of course not, because if the Knicks were up 20, Robinson would just honor his fallen opponent. Like when he botched that ESPY-campaign self-alley-oop and claimed humbly, "I won't be trying it again unless we're up by 20."

I dont think this guy likes the Knicks lol

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AqC02LulFYAGPHmBV5ZsFDq8vLYF?slug=dw-knicks121606&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I've got a new sense of respect for the Knicks, especially Jeffries & Lil' Nate.

Melo is a ***** like I've said 10 times in here.. wish him the worst, career-wise.

The Blueprint said:
I've got a new sense of respect for the Knicks, especially Jeffries & Lil' Nate.

Melo is a ***** like I've said 10 times in here.. wish him the worst, career-wise.
/\
l
l

What he said
:laughat:
carmelo_anthony-1.jpg
clear.gif

/\
l
l
Pu**y

Forest!

clear.gif

Look at teh back of the Melo's, his logo has been changed to the running sign:
melo1-1.jpg

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Was away this weekend. Not going back to read 169 posts. My take...

1) This is why the majority of America HATES the NBA. That "thug-life" mentality

2) Carmelo SHOULD get 15-25 game suspension at the least.

3) I have LESS respect for both teams. Anyone who has new found respect for anyone after this is clueless!! Isiah can't coach his own team and he is trying to tell George Karl who he should be playing. George Karl is trying to run up the score in a meaningless game in December. BOTH ARE MORONS!!

4) Nate Robertson is a thug/punk who should get as many games as Carmelo.

This is the entire problem with the NBA. Thug-life, "respect", nobody better disrespect me.........all of that nonsense!!! If David Stern had any guts he would give everyone involved at least 10 games. Start there!!!! Then suspend both coaches for some games. Then fine both teams. Then when you get that light stuff out of the way........get into the real PUNISHMENTS!! Playoff game suspension, take away some paychecks. I mean if the NBA is ever going to pass Poker and bowling in relevance in this country, clean up the sport!!!!!!!

MikeO said:
Was away this weekend. Not going back to read 169 posts. My take...

1) This is why the majority of America HATES the NBA. That "thug-life" mentality

2) Carmelo SHOULD get 15-25 game suspension at the least.

3) I have LESS respect for both teams. Anyone who has new found respect for anyone after this is clueless!! Isiah can't coach his own team and he is trying to tell George Karl who he should be playing. George Karl is trying to run up the score in a meaningless game in December. BOTH ARE MORONS!!

4) Nate Robertson is a thug/punk who should get as many games as Carmelo.

This is the entire problem with the NBA. Thug-life, "respect", nobody better disrespect me.........all of that nonsense!!! If David Stern had any guts he would give everyone involved at least 10 games. Start there!!!! Then suspend both coaches for some games. Then fine both teams. Then when you get that light stuff out of the way........get into the real PUNISHMENTS!! Playoff game suspension, take away some paychecks. I mean if the NBA is ever going to pass Poker and bowling in relevance in this country, clean up the sport!!!!!!!

Very well put, I agree 100%. :clap:

lol@ Nate Robinson charging at Melo and then deciding against it b/c he knew he would have beat that punk's ***....Robinson looks like a hell of a brawler!!

tucker said:
lol@ Nate Robinson charging at Melo and then deciding against it b/c he knew he would have beat that punk's ***....Robinson looks like a hell of a brawler!!
he orignally was recruited to play football but then changed to basketball. hes a football player at heart which is why he made tackling JR Smith look so easy. all of these basketball player are probably a bunch of tall, soft receivers. robinsons a pretty big, muscular wise, guy. hes probably stronger than most of the guys on the court.

I'm guilty of this in the past, but I've learned something.

The word thug is so overused it kills me. I'm not one to get into race, you you know what?

In the case of the NBA and sports in general...

White America uses the word "thug" against any black athlete under these kind of circumstances. I just don't see the word thug thrown around by other black people in these cases. Can't say thats the truth, being white, but damn does it seem like it.

A lot of white people just seem to plain hate the NBA.

I've seen so much uses of it "Thug-Life" and people saying the NBA is just a bunch of "thugs" running around. The NBA has a culture, and it may not be a culture you live, but that doesn't make it "thug."

A lot of those athletes in the NBA came up from terrible conditions, and what they live is their lifestyle.

You didn't live it, you don't know it all, so stop being all high and mighty.

Phinz4Life said:

The word thug is so overused it kills me. I'm not one to get into race, you you know what?

White America uses the word "thug" against any black athlete under these kind of circumstances. I just don't see the word thug thrown around by other black people in these cases. Can't say thats the truth, being white, but damn does it seem like it.

I've seen so much uses of it "Thug-Life" and people saying the NBA is just a bunch of "thugs" running around. The NBA has a culture, and it may not be a culture you live, but that doesn't make it "thug."

A lot of those athletes in the NBA came up from terrible conditions, and what they live is their lifestyle.

:yeahthat:

WOW strange little twist. When Camby was shooting Free Throws he mouthed the words to Carmello not to go to the basket.

Phinz4Life said:

great post :clap:

Pink_Dove said:
The hockey argument is hocum. It's a contact sport, less and less mind you, but players are still supposed to hit each other and fight if necessary. It's accepted, part of the game and has always been. As for NASCAR, no offense to the fans, but if the NBA starts looking at Nascar to set the bar, they're in trouble.

In the NBA's case you certainly didn't see Magic, Kareem or Bird get into brawls every second year. Now you've got these punks that go around, start throwing rights and lefts and pump their chests about it. Thank god you still have role models like Chris Bosh, D-Wade and Lebron that can carry themselves around and act like MEN.

And fighting is actually allowed in the NHL. Here you just have 2 teams who have shmucks for coaches and a team with no discipline.

Carmelo will receive the least amount of a suspension due to him being Carmelo. It's an unjust decision but I bet it goes down like that

Back
Top Bottom