NFL 2014 CUTS Tracker | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL 2014 CUTS Tracker

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
Broncos released 11 players, one of them being OT Winston Justice.

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 56s
Broncos cut RB Brennan Clay/Jerodis Williams WR Greg Hardin/Greg Wilson LB Jerrell Harris CB Charles Mitchell DL Will Pericak QB Bryn Renner

Cunningham and McNutt got cut again, looks like Finheaven got it wrong and the FO got it right. Whatdya know

you can rest assured, as usual, whoever we cut....many will go to the Patriots, Jets and Bills just to get a glimpse into our playbook.

Several kickers were released today and I would expected more as we approach the end of the week: Hopkins (Buf), Giorgio Tavecchio (Det), and Feely (AZ) I liked Dustin Hopkins more than Sturgis when he came out of FSU. Now we have our chance at both of them.

Cardinals waived QB Ryan Lindley.
Lindley appeared in just one preseason game, going 8-of-15 for 64 yards with no touchdowns or interceptions against the Vikings. The 2012 sixth-round pick was forced into four desperation starts in 2012, winning one game and compiling a 46.7 passer rating. Lindley has zero touchdowns and seven interceptions in his NFL career, and was predictably behind both Drew Stanton and Logan Thomas.

i would want us to take a look at him as a long term #2

Cardinals waived QB Ryan Lindley.
Lindley appeared in just one preseason game, going 8-of-15 for 64 yards with no touchdowns or interceptions against the Vikings. The 2012 sixth-round pick was forced into four desperation starts in 2012, winning one game and compiling a 46.7 passer rating. Lindley has zero touchdowns and seven interceptions in his NFL career, and was predictably behind both Drew Stanton and Logan Thomas.

i would want us to take a look at him as a long term #2

Lindley is a really stiff, awkward passer. Inaccurate. Panics in the pocket. No bueno.

He's got a huge arm, though. I'll give him that. But he's got way too much Nuke LaLoosh to invest in him.

Cards also cut Jay Feely. I would absolutely bring him in. He's a solid kicker who did a good job for us before Parcells cut him because he actually, you know, had opinions on union related stuff.

9 years ago a guy then named Derek Wake, an undrafted DE from Penn State was an early cut by the Giants (and got no calls from 31 other teams). However, he had a passion for the game and believed in himself and headed off to try to make it in the CFL. Today he is known as Cam Wake, Pro Bowl DE pass rusher and Dolphin team leader.
Some of the guys who appear as early cuts and are thought not good enough to make an NFL roster, actually have something to offer.
Cam is probably one in 1000, but there are talented guys who get chopped who just need the right environment to blossom. The coaches and GMs are not always right. The talent is in recognizing the potential within and every GM should be reminded of Cam when reviewing this list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crazy that Jackson Jeffcoat went from a projected 1st rounder to an UDFA on draft day to first wave of cuts by the Seahawks.

9 years ago a guy then named Derek Wake, an undrafted DE from Penn State was an early cut by the Giants (and got no calls from 31 other teams). However, he had a passion for the game and believed in himself and headed off to try to make it in the CFL. Today he is known as Cam Wake, Pro Bowl DE pass rusher and Dolphin team leader.
Some of the guys who appear as early cuts and are thought not good enough to make an NFL roster, actually have something to offer.
Cam is probably one in 1000, but there are talented guys who get chopped who just need the right environment to blossom. The coaches and GMs are not always right. The talent is in recognizing the potential within and every GM should be reminded of Cam when reviewing this list.

Yeah having watched Derrick Wake at Penn State he was seen as a huge waste of talent with no heart. He rediscovered himself when he was out of football and realized how good the sport was to him. He is 1 in 1000

I'd sign Feely and wouldn't look back. When it became obvious we needed a kicker Feely was a guy I was hoping would be available, but thought would be locked up.

Back
Top Bottom