NFL and Police to further investigate the Landry Domestic Violence Incident | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL and Police to further investigate the Landry Domestic Violence Incident

^^^ Of course if he actually beat his GF then all bets are off, but as far as OBJ and Landry, Landry comes off like James Earl Jones next to OBJ from what i've seen of both...OBJ appears to be on a hole 'nother level of knucklehead. With Landry i see intelligence, occasional humility, and fire on the football field that despite it being a boost to the team and his game, sometimes hurts the team with dumb penalties.

from what i gather from this thread her parents called the cops on him but she says he's innocent of whatever?! there are multiple idiots involved, and probably the whole lot of them.

images

Police in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, on Thursday discussed the evidence in the alleged domestic violence case against Miami Dolphins receiver Jarvis Landry and expect to decide in the next week whether charges will be filed, a source told ESPN's Josina Anderson.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20521063/police-decision-miami-dolphins-jarvis-landry-soon

Wait how can the police press charges. is it not his GF decision to press charges or not?

Very easily. Video would be a good example of how they could. Any kind of marks, bruises, e.g. If a child is involved. It doesn't take much in Florida for the state to take over charges.

No, you don't need the victim to press charges in domestic assaults or child abuse. As long as there's evidence that the crime has been committed and the DA thinks it's a case they can prove in court. However, winning a domestic case where you don't get co-operation from the victim is very difficult.

We all know that Jarvis can be emotional and very physical on the field. I just hope that he can control himself off the field.

If there is a tape and it looks bad in the slightest the NFL is not going to take any chances after the Ray Rice fiasco (which almost cost Goodell his position).

Simple. If the parents of the victim (assuming she is) file charges and the evidence holds up.
Not quite. There doesn't need to be a complaining witness in order for charges to be filed. Assuming she doesn't want to cooperate, it does complicate the matter cause you run the risk of needing to subpoena the victim in order to get her to testify. If she refuses do you hold her in contempt etc.

Where was Richie Incognito when all this went down? That's what I want to know.

Back
Top Bottom