NFL Channel reporting Redskins -Fins trade most likely Trade up Deal | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Channel reporting Redskins -Fins trade most likely Trade up Deal

Agent51 said:
That gives us what, #9 as the earliest? I'm not sure I like this, who do we take? I HIGHLY doubt either WR or RB will be there, so what do we do now?

Well, if we make this trade we have Chambers/Booker/Gardner/Thompson/Gilmore, and Welker as the ST ace. So WR becomes less of a need.

As for RB, I'm pretty sure one will be left since Da Bears will take one (probably Benson or Brown), the BUcs will either take 1 or Rodgers, Arizona could take an RB but would more than likely go CB. So we would still more than likely get Caddy.

The 2nd pick we could really do whatever we want.

Lukin said:
IF the Henry to AZ deal goes down then yeah. I just don't think we're that lucky.

Even if it doesnt, if TB goes QB (which they likely could), a RB will still be there at 9 even if AZ takes one.

Phin-O-mania said:
We need to keep the 2nd pick and select Edwards or Smith.

Exactly.

I dont want to move out of the top 7.

Especially without a 2006 2nd rounder included in the deal.

They can keep Gardner.......

ChambersWI said:
Well, if we make this trade we have Chambers/Booker/Gardner/Thompson/Gilmore, and Welker as the ST ace. So WR becomes less of a need.

As for RB, I'm pretty sure one will be left since Da Bears will take one (probably Benson or Brown), the BUcs will either take 1 or Rodgers, Arizona could take an RB but would more than likely go CB. So we would still more than likely get Caddy.

The 2nd pick we could really do whatever we want.

I think you risk the RBs being gone, now with our 2nd round pick especially, because we have the ability to take either Arrington or Fiason in the 2nd. They too can be impact RBs, and I get the feeling Saban loves one of these 2nd round RBs- just because of the reports that he really does not want to take a RB in the first (Schefter).

I personally think this could turn out to be a disaster. I already forsee us getting 2 schlubs with our two number ones and Ronnie Brown or Alex Smith somebody we passed up on turns out to be a great player. This just has the makings of one of those kinds of stories. I would alsmost rather get a player and them be a bust than pass on a player and them turn out to be great. Just like us kicking our selves all year for Wanny not drafting Brees.

Shamboubou said:
I personally think this could turn out to be a disaster. I already forsee us getting 2 schlubs with our two number ones and Ronnie Brown or Alex Smith somebody we passed up on turns out to be a great player. This just has the makings of one of those kinds of stories. I would alsmost rather get a player and them be a bust than pass on a player and them turn out to be great. Just like us kicking our selves all year for Wanny not drafting Brees.

happens to a ton of teams every draft.....look at Marino and Brady...just to name 2

Moving out of the top 7 would be a disaster in my opinion.

I'd only talk to someone in the top 7 (Vikes, Bucs)...I'd hang up on any other team.

We don't often get the chance to pick this high. I think we should stop treating it like a curse.

Moving down to #9 does NOTHING for us. All the running backs will be gone and Edwards (the only non-runner I could live with) would also be gone.

This is not a charity event. If someone wants the #2 pick then come and get it...but only if you are a top 7 team.

I wouldn't absolutely rule out a trade back up into the 7th slot if this transpires. I would be perfectly happy with the following scenario:

Redskins trade with Gardner/2 1sts happens

Edwards and Mike Williams are gone by 7

We trade Gardner, Thompson, or a pick (depending on what Saban prefers) to Minnesota along with #9 for #7

We get our running back, leapfrogging Arizona

Minnesota gets to pick Williamson like they probably would at #7

We're all happy, or at least I'm happy.

with the #9 I would like Derrick Johson, with #25 Alex barron and we can adress QB and RB later in the draft IMO

What's the probability of AZ trading for Henry? Anyone heard any recent news?

I like the idea. I also like the idea of Ramsey instead of Gardner.

I truly believe this washington talk is all smoke. Len P scooped them with the Campbell talk and now they're trying to create a stir, IMO.

unifiedtheory said:

At pick 9, I would take either Carlos Rogers or Marcus Spears, and I would take Jason Campbell at 25, though it would be hard to pass on Matt Jones at that slot.

Back
Top Bottom