NFL Channel reporting Redskins -Fins trade most likely Trade up Deal | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Channel reporting Redskins -Fins trade most likely Trade up Deal

fins2923 said:
I truly believe this washington talk is all smoke. Len P scooped them with the Campbell talk and now they're trying to create a stir, IMO.

That's what I believe. They want to give the impression that they aren't locked into Jason Campbell with that pick, and I don't believe they are seriously considering trading up.

Bucs, Cards, Bears, are the only teams among the top 8 that I think would consider a RB, and The Bucs also seem to want a QB or a WR too, and didn't Thomas Jones do pretty well for the Bears last year, they need a lot of other things, and could go elsewhere also

first&goal said:
with the #9 I would like Derrick Johson, with #25 Alex barron and we can adress QB and RB later in the draft IMO

Barron at #25, no way he is there, i think houston takes him at #13

i like Rod Gardner, he is a good receiver! Chambers/Booker/Gardner/Thompson??? wow that looks like an amazing Receiver Corps to me! BUT id rather send my hometown Redskins the #2 pick AND AJ Feeley for their 2 1st rounders, Patrick Ramsey, Rod Gardner.

IMO, Ramsey is 10x better than Feeley! He is also "YOUNGER"

outlawd2u said:
Bucs, Cards, Bears, are the only teams among the top 8 that I think would consider a RB, and The Bucs also seem to want a QB or a WR too, and didn't Thomas Jones do pretty well for the Bears last year, they need a lot of other things, and could go elsewhere also
bears locked into benson

I would certainly not be opposed to trading for #9 and #25 and Gardner, then taking (in order of preference) Caddy/Benson/Merriman, and then at #25 Spears/DT/Jones. Then throw a 3rd out there for Henry, draft Baas with the 2nd.

To walk out of Day 1 with Caddy, Spears, Gardner, Henry, and Baas would be astounding.

WOW, Washington could help us become a good team. We already got a good defense...but if a "fantasy" trade were to bring us their #9 and #25, ALONG with Patrick Ramsey and Rod Gardner for our #2 and AJ Feeley...our offense would be OUTSTANDING! Lets imagine that one of the top 3 RBs arent there at #9 and Ricky comes back...Ricky and Ramsey start, so all we NEED is to draft possibly a good LT (Khalif Barnes) and a good Center (David Baas) with those 2 1st round picks. Then in the 2nd round, draft a Defensive Tackle. Wow, id say our offense is well set.

outlawd2u said:

But there is always the possibility of someone else trading up to grab one.

Caddy, Williamson, Rogers or a DE at #9; Campbell at #25 would be worth consideration.

There will still be plenty of talent at #9, and if we went with Williamson or defense, Morencey or Barber will be there in the second round.

I'd rather have Campbell than Rogers if we don't get Smith. I think Saban will take a QB to develop somewhere in the first 3 rounds.

Dolfan1000 said:
I dont think that #9 necessarily rules out a top 3 back- if the Travis Henry deal to AZ goes through.

SF: QB
WAS: WR
CLE: DEFENSE? NOT RB.
CHI: PROB RB (BENSON)
TB: RODGERS OR RB (BROWN OR CADDY)
TEN: CB/WR (ANTREL/PAC MAN/ MIKE W?)
MIN: WR (WILLIAMSON?)
AZ: CB (PAC MAN/ANTREL/CAROLS RODGERS)
MIA: RB (the remaining one..)

If this is the case they would either have 2 RB's to choose from or a RB and Rodgers.

Well then it's a really stupid and ineffective smokescreen on the Skins part.

The trade is one day old, and thus the "smokescreen" will be in effect from early today until the #2 pick comes off the board tomorrow.

Not very effective. By the time the third pick is called, everyone from 3-24 will know if they want Campbell.

ChambersWI said:
Well, if we make this trade we have Chambers/Booker/Gardner/Thompson/Gilmore, and Welker as the ST ace. So WR becomes less of a need.

As for RB, I'm pretty sure one will be left since Da Bears will take one (probably Benson or Brown), the BUcs will either take 1 or Rodgers, Arizona could take an RB but would more than likely go CB. So we would still more than likely get Caddy.

The 2nd pick we could really do whatever we want.

I just PRAY TO GOD a RB is there at 9 (if we drop), I don't want a WR round 1 (or that high anyway) unless the 3 RBs are gone.

Back
Top Bottom