NFL Coaching Database | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Coaching Database

I'm intrigued by both billick and jon gruden.

I'd like to see an interview from both of them along with

chudzinksi, carmichael jr, fewell, and I actually have thought about a marty/brian schottenheimer combo.

great thread man.

Add any names that might be missing too...tx

did not know if we could put names together of possible coaching candidates. We have debated many along the way. I divided them into certain groups. It seems like there could a ton of openings. The team might have to be creative and or compete for the proper coach. Please add names that I have omitted.

The “Big Names”-
the coach has pedigree and a history of winning in the past. Would supposedly put interest back in the team.
  • Bill Cowher
  • Tony Dungy
  • Jeff Fisher
  • Jon Gruden
  • Andy Reid
The “Recylcled Coach”- Previously a coach (or presumed to be fired). Do they deserve a second shot?
  • Brian Billick
  • Tom Cable
  • Dom Capers
  • Romeo Crennel
  • Jack Del Rio
  • Herm Edwards
  • Jim Haslett
  • Eric Mangini
  • Mike Martz
  • Marty Morningweg
  • Jim Mora Jr.- New UCLA Coach
  • Mike Mularkey
  • Josh McDaniels
  • Mike Nolan
  • Steve Spagnuolo
  • Marty Schottenheimer
  • Mike Sherman
  • Norv Turner
  • Gregg Williams
Offensive Coordinators or QB/O-Line Coaches- could these guys be a new innovative offensive mind?
  • Pete Carmichael
  • Rob Chudzinski
  • Tom Clements
  • Russ Grimm
  • Jay Gruden
  • Dirk Koetter
  • Bill Musgrave
  • Joe Philbin
  • Brian Schottenheimer
  • John Ramsdell
Defensive Coordinators or DB Coaches- many feel there are solid coaches in waiting amongst this group.
  • Todd Bowles
  • Perry Fewell
  • Chuck Pagano
  • Mike Pettine
  • Rob Ryan
  • Mike Zimmer
  • Dennis Allen
  • Winston Moss
Special Teams Coaches
  • Bobby April
  • Dave Toub
NCAA Coaches- does Ross go for the “wow” factor by digging from the college ranks?
  • Kirk Ferentz
  • Les Miles
  • Bob Stoops
  • Jim Tressel
  • Charlie Weiss- New KU Coach
Updated

Personally I want R.Chudzinski but I would love to bring in A.Reid if Philly was dumb enough to let him go and he'd become my #1 choice. I do think B.Cowher would garner a tonne of respect and players would want to play for him.

Personally I want R.Chudzinski but I would love to bring in A.Reid if Philly was dumb enough to let him go and he'd become my #1 choice. I do think B.Cowher would garner a tonne of respect and players would want to play for him.

I agree with all this. Wouldn't be upset with Fisher, Gruden, Carmichael jr or Rob Ryan either. But prefer Reid/Cowher/Chud

I would add Rick Dennison to the list. He took over as OC for Houston in 2010 and has had one of the top offenses in the NFL the last two years. He runs a well balanced pass/run attack. He has worked under Kubiak or Shanahan for 17 years. He knows Shanahan's run heavy version of the WCO and the zone blocking scheme.

As far as my interviews go;
1. Carmichael
2. Dennison
3. Philbin
4. Clements
5. Moss

Which of the names have a connection to Jeff Ireland if that matters...or does he go away from what is connected too?

Which of the names have a connection to Jeff Ireland if that matters...or does he go away from what is connected too?
Marty Schottenheimer, Bill Cowher, Gunther Cunningham, Al Saunders, Dave Campo, Wade Phillips.

Herman Edwards could be a Carl Peterson connection.

Could Marty make more run for it with his son as OC? Not saying I want to go that route, but just speculating.

I would interview the following...
1. Rob Chudzinski
2. Perry Fewell
3. Mike Martz
4. Mike Zimmer
5. Brian Billick
6. Jon Gruden (I would interview the five and make a last ditch effort for Gruden). He can coach QB's. Still young man and would stimulate the fan base.)

I have a mix of offensive minds...some with experience and others yearning for a shot. I also have a pair of defensive guys as well.

Brian Billick really interests me at this point.

Revising my interviews a bit...

1. Rob Chudzinski
2. Rob Ryan
3. Mike Zimmer
4. Jeff Fisher
5. Brian Billick
6, Perry Fewell
7. Jay Gruden

Mike Zimmer has to get an extra look. What a job he has done in Cincy. I do not think the Bengals get in, but he did a great job this year with that no-name defense.

i am really warming up to the idea of Mike Zimmer, could be the young Shula type we go with.

Revising my interviews a bit...

1. Rob Chudzinski
2. Rob Ryan
3. Mike Zimmer
4. Jeff Fisher
5. Brian Billick
6, Perry Fewell
7. Jay Gruden

Why is Rob Ryan so high on your list? Not disagreeing just trying to understand. I wanted Ryan pretty heavily at one point but have slowly backed off. What do you like abut home and what do you dislike?

Back
Top Bottom