Nfl Draft: The Biggest Quarterback Busts Of The Past Decade | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nfl Draft: The Biggest Quarterback Busts Of The Past Decade

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
#8: Pat White (44th overall, 2009)
The Miami Dolphins have had a rough history drafting quarterbacks since Dan Marino retired. Their true low point may have been their baffling decision to take Pat White in the 2nd round of the 2009 draft. While he was a great dual-threat quarterback for West Virginia in college, it was obvious he wasn’t a natural passer.

It’s clear the team fell a little too much in love with their Wildcat offense which had taken the league by storm the year before. They must’ve had visions of White taking that scheme to new heights. He threw five passes in his career and completed none.

https://nflmocks.com/2018/06/15/nfl-draft-the-biggest-quarterback-busts-of-the-past-decade/

Highlight of his NFL career has to be a ~40 yard Wildcat run against the Pats. That’s about the only positive I remember.

He was a bust but I never saw him as a QB anyway. They drafted him thinking they could use him in the wildcat which never worked out. Horrible pick.

Could have chalked him up as a bust the moment we drafted him. A 2nd round pick for a gadget player LOL. I still don't understand how a sober individual could think that was a good idea.

I cringe before I clicked thinking they were going to say Ryan Tannehill!

this site is so insane that I already clicked the link getting ready to type WTF!?!? but you know what ANU? would've it surprised you if that wasn't what it said when we opened :wall

Dumb pick, Jay Cutler ran the wildcat perfectly for us as he was coached and he didn't cost us a 2nd round draft pick

Never completed a pass. What a **** career.
Yeah, Ryan Leaf was a meltdown, but Pat White was a guy who just never had nearly enough talent … real head scratcher that he was drafted so highly.

I forgot about that guy, Usually I try to find a silver lining, but he was plain awful. Wonder what ever happened to him?

I wouldn’t call pat white a bust. I never expected much outta him and other than a wildcat piece neither did the dolphins

Back
Top Bottom