Nfl Draft: The Biggest Quarterback Busts Of The Past Decade | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nfl Draft: The Biggest Quarterback Busts Of The Past Decade

A total bust for sure. Wrong player, but an interesting idea. The Dolphins actually were creative on offense and ahead of the curve for awhile. Right now that distinction belongs to Philadelphia.

Will Cleveland follow suit with Mayfield? It was one reason I was so high on him in the draft. Bellichick, like him or not, is one of the top defensive minds of our time. He had no answer for Philly's offense in the super bowl. When was the last time you saw a New England defense essentially not make a play for an entire game?

Anyway, a bit off subject. I do get what Miami was trying to do, but White was certainly a bad selection.

RG3 , tim tebow, ej manuel - All first rnd - all bigger busts than Pat White drafted at 44th position. Pretty bad list not to include RGIII. So much given up to get him. Perhaps biggest bust of all.

I see your point as far as those guys being drafted higher, but RG3 had that magical first season where he took the skins back to the playoffs before injury derailed his train. Recall at that point the big 3 were luck, wilson, and RG3 with tannehill not even in the conversation nationally - tables have turned on all but Wilson.

So that keeps RG3 out of the same depths as guys like Pat White...damn i didnt realize he never completed a pass though!

IMO... a busy implies someone who was 1. Overdrafted... 2. Underperformed.

Rgiii was putting up league mvp type numbers and performances prior to his knee injury. Injuries happen. So he wasn’t a bust.

I don't even know if "bust" is the correct word to describe Pat White. Even if he turned out to be everything the front office thought he could be, he still would not have been worthy of a second round pick, or any pick above the fifth round and even that's stretching it. There's no shortage of sufficiently athletic QBs who ran the option in college that you could find to specialize at running the Wildcat if you really want someone like that. It's pretty much the same as drafting a kicker in the first round. Even if the guy turns out to be a really good one, it's still a wasted pick.

I wonder what his career would of been like if he didn't overshoot a wide open Ginn in Atlanta in that week 1 game in 2009.

He didn't look that bad in preseason.

I wonder what his career would of been like if he didn't overshoot a wide open Ginn in Atlanta in that week 1 game in 2009.

He didn't look that bad in preseason.

IMO...Outcome would have been absolutely the same as it was...He was so undersized for the NFL it was a joke. Its like mentioned above he looked like a live action Bobble head in his uniform and that was our 1st clue he was not cut out for the big league. The second was you could tell he was terrified of being hit (and rightfully so) ...third clue was when he finally got hit (we all thought he was dead)

I wasn't aware that White never completed a single pass for the Dolphins. O-5 career

I'm sorry but Pat White was not one of the biggest bust of the last decade. I'm not sure anyone thought he was going to do anything more than gimmick **** anyway.

RGIII = bust
Jonny Manzel = bust
Tim Tebow = bust
Mark Sanchez = bust
Josh Freeman = bust
Jake Locker = bust
Blain Gabbert = bust
Brandon Weeden = bust
E.J. Manuel = bust
Paxton Lynch = bust

That's 10 first round picks right there.

Back
Top Bottom