NFL looking into whether Patriots “deflated footballs” in AFC title game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL looking into whether Patriots “deflated footballs” in AFC title game

DisturbedShifty

Peace out
Reaction score
Just because we all hate the Pats. I am pretty sure nothing will come of this. Still though...

Bob Kravitz of WTHR.com and NBC’s WTHR-TV in Indianapolis reports the NFL is looking into whether the Patriots “deflated” game balls during their 45-7 victory over the Colts. Kravitz reports a ball was taken out of action to be weighed.

According to the NFL’s 2014 rule book, game balls are to be inflated with between 12.5 and 13.5 pounds of air. Per NFL rules, home and road teams must provide 12 game balls apiece to be tested and approved by the league 135 minutes before game time. The home team also has to have 12 reserve game balls on hand to be tested, with the road team also having that option in outdoor games.

Source: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...atriots-deflated-footballs-in-afc-title-game/

UPDATE: League confirms ball-deflation investigation

Via Bob Glauber of Newsday, the NFL has confirmed the existence of an investigation regarding whether the balls were properly inflated in the AFC title game.

Rule 2 of the official NFL rule book requires that each team make “12 primary balls available for testing” two hours and 15 minutes before kickoff. The home team must make 12 backup balls available, and the visiting team may bring another 12 backup balls for games to be played outdoors.

Source: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/19/league-confirms-ball-deflation-investigation/

Last edited by a moderator:
Tip of the iceberg. This team looked mediocre early in the season. Their talent level, save for a handful of players are average and it doesn't make sense that they win as easily as they do. Its almost as if they know what plays the other teams are running, before they run them. Thats not game planning, its psychic.
I fully expect the Pats to win the SB. Kraft (and by extension, Goodell) want to give Brady one more ring before he starts declining. Expect some controversial calls going against Seattle.
If its a close game, the Pats will win. Only shot Seattle has is to throughly dominate the Pats and take it out of the NFL's (the officials) hands.

So instead of winning 45-7 it's 42-13?

It wouldn't have made any difference in the outcome. All it provides is more controversy surrounding their success.

Are the Patriots at it again? Purposely deflating footballs?

So a story broke out early this morning that the patriots are under investigation for purposely deflating footballs ... Any new news on this?

It is just so gross. The Barry Bonds of the NFL.

There is no justice in the NFL.

It is always something with Patriots.

Breaking: A league source tells me the NFL is investigating the possibility the Patriots deflated footballs Sunday night. More to come.

— Bob Kravitz (@bkravitz) January 19, 2015

I'm told at one point the officials took a ball out of play and weighed it. Should hear more tomorrow on this subject.

Told if a league investigation confirms deflated footballs it will result in lost draft picks. Stay tuned.

Nothing will happen here...It still suprises me how everytime the Patriots are at home it looks like they know what pkay is coming

The only thing they deflated yesterday was the Colts and all of the Patriots haters America is littered with.

i saw something odd to me...the pats ball they were playing with on offense looked like it was chalked or had some substance on it...saw it after that incompletion off the finger tips to edelman down the seam...i didnt notice that on any of the colts balls

anybody got any thoughts???

i saw something odd to me...the pats ball they were playing with on offense looked like it was chalked or had some substance on it...saw it after that incompletion off the finger tips to edelman down the seam...i didnt notice that on any of the colts balls

anybody got any thoughts???

I thought it was odd when they held up play switching out balls. Of course clueless Mike Carey said they had spotted the kicking ball which they didn't.
Maybe that's why Indy LB was able to catch that INT lol

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

If true, I hope they lose pics..

Im sure Bellichik knows the penalty for deflating balls is potential picks lost, nothing will happen in game. Worth the risk to him to get another ring

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/19/league-confirms-ball-deflation-investigation/

Via Bob Glauber of Newsday, the NFL has confirmed the existence of an investigation regarding whether the balls were properly inflated in the AFC title game.

Rule 2 of the official NFL rule book requires that each team make “12 primary balls available for testing” two hours and 15 minutes before kickoff. The home team must make 12 backup balls available, and the visiting team may bring another 12 backup balls for games to be played outdoors.

Several years ago, in an effort to prevent any doctoring of balls used in the kicking game, the NFL adopted a rule that six new, specially-marked kicking balls would be used for each game, with the boxes opened by the officials two hours and 15 minutes before kickoff.

All balls remain under the supervision of the referee until they are delivered to the ball attendant shortly before kickoiff.

The existence of the investigation, as initially reported by Bob Kravitz of WTHR-TV in Indianapolis, suggests that the referee failed to properly check the specifications of the balls, the referee didn’t properly secure the balls before they were given to the ball attendant, or something happened to the balls after they were given to the ball attendant.

Loss of picks?

OH NO!

Nevermind the $$$ Kraft will make by taking his team to the Super Bowl, or how now Billicheat is talked about the greatest HC EVER.

Don't get me wrong, the Colts got stomped, but enough is enough.

Video tapes, Deflated footballs, 'Loop Holes' with eligible receivers....

It would be great if they banned Belichick from the NFL :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom