NFL Network Report on Tua's Contract Extension | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Network Report on Tua's Contract Extension

Does Tua sign a new deal and for how much a year?

• Yes 30-35 mil a year

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Yes 35-40 mil a year

Votes: 10 9.2%
  • Yes 40-45 mil a year

Votes: 33 30.3%
  • Yes above 45 mil a year

Votes: 35 32.1%
  • No plays out 5th year to bet on himself

Votes: 27 24.8%

• Total voters
That they don't watch all the Dolphins games and only watch the Sport Center highlights?

If your QB is going to give you a 100 passer rating over the course of a season you are going to win a lot of games and be in the playoff running every season.
Is that the ultimate goal?

You could say that about Jimmy G.

Not arguing for or against Tua, only questioning what is your definition of success.

Screw the going rate. How much damn money do you need as a person?..... I would take 20 million a year and be set for life. Give the team money to hold its talent and build around you. That's what Brady did.
Lol. Not many players would do that. Money is more important than winning to most players

and yet we lost to every playoff team but 1 this season and only scored over 20 points once this seson to playoff teams with the BEST OFFENSE weve had since 95-96. That should tell you something
That it was a team effort? The defence surrendered at least a 100 passer rating in every one of those games, that should tell you something.

The Dolphins played the 6th toughest defensive DVOA schedule, with backup OL taking 44% of all snaps yet their QB was still ranked top 5 in every QB metric, that should tell you something.

I know Tua wasn't great at the end of the season, he stank the place up there is no getting away from that. There were also extenuating circumstances that are not excuses, they actually apply. The interior of the OL by that point was the worst in the league, Hill was in a walking boot between games, Waddle missed 2 games, Mostert missed 2 games. People can stick their fingers in their ears and shout "nah, nah, I'm not listening, the QB has to carry the team" but that's not reality.

I'm just saying that after the last 29 regular season games when your QB is ranked top 5 in everything you need to re-sign him, give yourself another 2 or 3 year window and see what happens.

Is that the ultimate goal?

You could say that about Jimmy G.

Not arguing for or against Tua, only questioning what is your definition of success.
Of course not, but it's buying you a ticket to the dance each season. You just need one of those season for your team to stay healthy and a couple of bounces go your way and suddenly you are lifting a Lombardi.

What about the laser he threw to Diggs in the game against the Dolphins that was 10 yards over his head when Diggs was WIDDDDEEEE open and a walk in touchdown if he hit him?

This is the problem with Josh Allen, people fall in love with these wonder throws without taking into account all the other easy throws that he misses, or the arm punts he launches routinely.

He led the league in touchdowns because he steals all the goal line carries from his running backs but now "total touchdowns" seems to have become a QB stat just to push the narrative for running QB's.

OK so he's 11-1 against the Dolphins and you want to pretend that an exhausted Allen playing in 100 degree heat is somehow indicative of the QB your going to have to contend with for the next decade, great.

You can cling to a 21-19 home win in September all you want, its not going to get us anywhere in the long run. It's proven to be an anomaly, no?

Of course not, but it's buying you a ticket to the dance each season. You just need one of those season for your team to stay healthy and a couple of bounces go your way and suddenly you are lifting a Lombardi.
Many feel that way.

I don't think that scenario applies to most SB Champion teams, though.

OK so he's 11-1 against the Dolphins and you want to pretend that an exhausted Allen playing in 100 degree heat is somehow indicative of the QB your going to have to contend with for the next decade, great.

You can cling to a 21-19 home win in September all you want, its not going to get us anywhere in the long run. It's proven to be an anomaly, no?
??? I was talking about the last game of this season. This is what I mean, people give him a pass so easily. I can guarantee you that if it was Tua that missed this pass plenty of people on this board would still be talking about it.

That it was a team effort? The defence surrendered at least a 100 passer rating in every one of those games, that should tell you something.

The Dolphins played the 6th toughest defensive DVOA schedule, with backup OL taking 44% of all snaps yet their QB was still ranked top 5 in every QB metric, that should tell you something.

I know Tua wasn't great at the end of the season, he stank the place up there is no getting away from that. There were also extenuating circumstances that are not excuses, they actually apply. The interior of the OL by that point was the worst in the league, Hill was in a walking boot between games, Waddle missed 2 games, Mostert missed 2 games. People can stick their fingers in their ears and shout "nah, nah, I'm not listening, the QB has to carry the team" but that's not reality.

I'm just saying that after the last 29 regular season games when your QB is ranked top 5 in everything you need to re-sign him, give yourself another 2 or 3 year window and see what happens.
Im not saying DONT resign him, IM SAYING he is not worth more than 40 million.

I also dont think anyone making more than Mahomes is worth the money they are making and I think it would be STUPID AF to sign Tua to that number Just because that is the going rate.

Tua is a product of Tyreek Hill the last 2 seasons. Take hill away and do you think he has the same numbers (and 1 jets game better not make you say yes).

Tua needs to pull the Brady and say he wants to win superbowls more than take the dolphins money and F$ck up the cap for the next 5 seasons. And you know what, if he wins a superbowl then give him is BAG. We win 1, give him 1/2 of the cap for 10 years. At that point at least i have 1 good memory from this team for the last 30+ years of watching this team.

Well it seems the other option is to draft the next Tom Brady/Patrick Mahomes.
And that is precisely how some would prefer to approach it. Keep digging to you hit the mother load.

That's why they see a big contract to Tua as a mistake, as it delays taking another shot, while adding to the future cap issues.

TBH, I understand the mindset.

Personally, I would prefer to let him play out the option year and reassess but I doubt that is realistic from he organization's POV. The problem there is that, in that case, he has a cap charge of 25m. Extending him could cut that considerably, and if we are not going to accept a down year to clear the books, we need every bit of cap space we can squeeze out.

And that is precisely how some would prefer to approach it. Keep digging to you hit the mother load.

That's why they see a big contract to Tua as a mistake, as it delays taking another shot, while adding to the future cap issues.

TBH, I understand the mindset.

Personally, I would prefer to let him play out the option year and reassess but I doubt that is realistic from he organization's POV. The problem there is that, in that case, he has a cap charge of 25m. Extending him could cut that considerably, and if we are not going to accept a down year to clear the books, we need every bit of cap space we can squeeze out.
Considering there have only been 2 of those guys drafted in the last 23 years, I'm inclined to extend Tua, give yourself another 2-3 year window then blow it all up if things don't look like working out.

I'm not as down as many on this current team, I think they can play with anyone when healthy. It's just incremental improvements needed, better interior OL play and better tackling on the back end would make this team pretty dangerous.

Im not saying DONT resign him, IM SAYING he is not worth more than 40 million.

I also dont think anyone making more than Mahomes is worth the money they are making and I think it would be STUPID AF to sign Tua to that number Just because that is the going rate.

Tua is a product of Tyreek Hill the last 2 seasons. Take hill away and do you think he has the same numbers (and 1 jets game better not make you say yes).

Tua needs to pull the Brady and say he wants to win superbowls more than take the dolphins money and F$ck up the cap for the next 5 seasons. And you know what, if he wins a superbowl then give him is BAG. We win 1, give him 1/2 of the cap for 10 years. At that point at least i have 1 good memory from this team for the last 30+ years of watching this team.
He's not taking $40m, but you absolutely can't give him $55m. He's too limited.

Considering there have only been 2 of those guys drafted in the last 23 years, I'm inclined to extend Tua, give yourself another 2-3 year window then blow it all up if things don't look like working out.

I'm not as down as many on this current team, I think they can play with anyone when healthy. It's just incremental improvements needed, better interior OL play and better tackling on the back end would make this team pretty dangerous.
That is certainly one way to look at it.

Back
Top Bottom