NFL Network Report on Tua's Contract Extension | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Network Report on Tua's Contract Extension

Does Tua sign a new deal and for how much a year?

• Yes 30-35 mil a year

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Yes 35-40 mil a year

Votes: 10 9.2%
  • Yes 40-45 mil a year

Votes: 33 30.3%
  • Yes above 45 mil a year

Votes: 35 32.1%
  • No plays out 5th year to bet on himself

Votes: 27 24.8%

• Total voters
He’s clearly had a better career than Herbert. Burrow basically missed 2 seasons and besides the one Super Bowl run, Tua’s been better than burrow and hurts so why wouldn’t he be paid like other qbs in his draft class. I know it seems like a lot but that’s the going rate for a qb. We would be able to get out of the deal after 2 years if things fall apart
Why? Obviously because Tua is a weak armed fatty who can only rainbow balls 5 yards...and he golfs too much!

Oh, wait...

Peanuts for guys with no physical weaknesses and who can carry an entire team.
What exactly has Allen carried the Bills to since everyone is only concerned with winning a Super Bowl?

Shouldn’t Bufdalo be worrried that he couldn’t get it done while he was cheap and now his salary cap number is about to balloon so he will have inferior talent around him going forward. Maybe they should be looking to offload him and draft a new QB?

But look, he’s massive, runs fast and can throw far so obviously he is great.

Hey, I appreciate the viewpoint, however. S Ross owns a company that is worth $60 Billion, his companies profit was $4.1 Billion. Now to all of us, except Vaark, $4.1B is huge, yet in reality, it is only 8%. So when he looks at the Fins, he would be looking at making at least 8% on his investment. Also the players will push for their piece of the pie. Mentioning, "piece of the pie", ask Leroy Hoard about the sacrifices he made to play the "game", it is no longer a game, it is a business. Frankly it has been a business for a long time, ask Larry Csonka how he ended up with the Washington Redskins with no OLine.

Football, Music, Movies, are all entertainment, and not a necessity for everyday life, and is quite different to price gouging during a hurricane, $1000.00 for a $300.00 generator. So as far as the pricing is concerned, it's to bad that the prices are what they are, but they are. Honestly I cannot see myself paying that much money for a football game, when I can go see Clay Millican stomp on the loud pedal.

Also one more thing, I do agree that it is a shame that much of the fanbase is getting frozen out, and most of the average folks make big sacrifices "credit cards", to go. But it is the way it is, and frankly, much of the world is the same, $80,000.00 for a pickup truck, yup, things have changed.

The Ever Buying My GMC Pickup For 10K In 1986 VIPER

PS I still have the truck

Ross' net worth is ~12 billion.
His stake in the Dolphins is something like 4 billion.
So call it %30.
But the point of owning a sports franchise isn't to make money.
It is to lose money (on paper).
Of course, sport franchises actually mint money. but with 100% purchase price depreciation, on paper it means losses.
Yes, depreciation even though the value is going up and the underlying asset generates profits.
Paper losses means your other income gets reduced, meaning low/no taxes.
Depreciation isn't recaptured like when you or I sell home.

Mr Ross is very savy w taxes and government subsidies.

Basically throwing your life’s savings at the 7 in the bar after wandering the love desert for 2 decades after your 10 left you high and dry.

Hanging on in quiet desperation is kind of the Dolphins way…the time is gone, my post is over, thought I'd something more to say.
But if that 7 is the best you’ve been with in 20 years……she looks good…..and your memories of the 10 fade. 🤣

He’s clearly had a better career than Herbert. Burrow basically missed 2 seasons and besides the one Super Bowl run, Tua’s been better than burrow and hurts so why wouldn’t he be paid like other qbs in his draft class. I know it seems like a lot but that’s the going rate for a qb. We would be able to get out of the deal after 2 years if things fall apart
Screw the going rate. How much damn money do you need as a person?..... I would take 20 million a year and be set for life. Give the team money to hold its talent and build around you. That's what Brady did.

Screw the going rate. How much damn money do you need as a person?..... I would take 20 million a year and be set for life. Give the team money to hold its talent and build around you. That's what Brady did.

If he does take 55 million he’d better stick with the Jujitsu. Grier hasn’t shown he can draft OL and they won’t be able to afford to pay them.

What exactly has Allen carried the Bills to since everyone is only concerned with winning a Super Bowl?

Shouldn’t Bufdalo be worrried that he couldn’t get it done while he was cheap and now his salary cap number is about to balloon so he will have inferior talent around him going forward. Maybe they should be looking to offload him and draft a new QB?

I don’t think Buffalo is remotely worried about anything pertaining to Josh Allen.

You don’t reside in reality.

Last edited:
How does that give them any credibility whatsoever to make a pronunciation of the intentions of the Dolphins regarding Tua's contract? They work for the NFL, not the Dolphins. Their job as talking heads/Twatter peeps is to drive clicks . Mission accomplished, Janeane Garofolo's bald little brother just got himself 20,000 more Twatter followers for throwing a bunch of shite about Tua at the TV screen . Did you pay attention to what was said? Did you hear anything citing a source within the Dolphins organization saying a $55 mm per year contract is imminent? No, you did not. Stop feeding the narrative FFS
They did cite a source, the Dolphins and Tua. Your nuts if you think everyone is making this up. You are one of these simple people who hear news and if they don't like it run to its all "fake" and made up. Mind of a child.

Definitely NOT qualified.

Delusion is believing that a sideline reporter has any actual details on a contract that only a GM and agent would know. They have plenty of opinions, but none of them have the facts. So yea...NOT qualified.
You are another bird brain if you actually believe these guys are making stuff up.

Saying you’re a huge Fields fan explains a lot about why you don’t like Tua. Fields is a guy with a lot of physical talent as an athlete who isn’t a good QB. Tua is a guy without a lot of athletic talent, but is a good QB.
That is true. Not a Fields fan.

Thing is, if I'm paying top dollar, I want both.

I know it is not easy to find, but shouldn't that be the goal?

"Good" is indeed the enemy of "great".

I will say it is easier to build a consistent, high functioning offense around a guy like Tua, as opposed to Fields.

Brady also made a **** load in endorsements and as far from the norm. If he took 20 million a year he would be the laughingstock and probably have his house set on fire by every other quarterback annd agent in the league.

There are many in Buffalo who are concerned about Allen's contract now escalating to the point that they will be handcuffed.

Brady also made a **** load in endorsements and as far from the norm. If he took 20 million a year he would be the laughingstock and probably have his house set on fire by every other quarterback annd agent in the league.
Brady actually didn't do much in the way of endorsements until late in his career. His was kind of a specific case, though. I'm not sure he did that in an act of selflessness, as much as that NE was not going to pay top dollar, but he preferred having a legitimate shot at a Championship on a yearly basis for his entire career.

Everyone forgets Brady’s wife at that time made more than he did.

Back
Top Bottom